Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar

Platform: Nintendo DSChange

on October 6, 2015
This item receives 5 stars because it was delivered on a timely manner, packaged wonderfully, in perfect condition upon arrival, the correct item I ordered and a fun game.

Being shipped overseas, it is expected that items can and often take two to three weeks. The time of delivery was fairly accurate to the projected delivery date.

Everything was packaged wonderfully. I know it's pretty hard to damage a game cartridge but the outer package wasn't even damaged.

Which of course meant that MySims Kingdom was in perfect condition upon arrival.

That's three stars automatically just for packaging and delivering but the fourth star comes because the item was what I ordered. While honest mistakes happen, it sucks when your order is switched with something you don't want or already had. I was ecstatic to open the package and find the item I ordered in it.

As for game play, as many people described, the MySims DS franchise is a mashup of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Players are able to buy household goods and decorate their house. Most items are for decoration and make noise but the bed puts players to sleep and you can change clothes using wardrobes. There are some in game quests to move the story along and mini games to earn money. While the overall look of the game appears to be garnered toward kids between 5 and 10, there are parts of the game play that may be too difficult to work around. For that reason, I'd say that while the kids can play it for hours on end, people 13 and older who appreciate the Sims, Harvest Moon, or Animal Crossing games will enjoy this item.
on May 9, 2014
I bought this game for the daughter of a friend, but I also own it.
This is a fun game, as are all the MySims game. My only complaint is that it should last longer. But it can be played again and again and you can play it differently each time, so at least there's that. It was just such a wonderful game that I was sort of sad when it ended, I wanted it to keep going. :)

I highly recommend this game, and any of the MySims games (I have them all for the DS). They are fabulous.
This game requires some thought, as you have to build things to make you Sims happy, so it may not be great for kids under 5 or 6, but it's perfect for kids of any age older than that.
on January 25, 2014
The game was completely fine and in working condition, however, the packaging was not as good as what is usually expected from a DS game case. When I opened the box and picked up the case, it was a little lighter than expected, but I dismissed it. That is, until I opened it. There was no manual as there usually is, and should be, and when I took out the game cartridge, the plastic securing it to the rest of the package bent easily. The game itself worked fine, though it was a little different than expected.

In short, the game is good, but the packaging is crappy with no manual (Was there supposed to be one?).
on March 20, 2009
A lot of people love this game, but for me it wasn't too much fun. I LOVED the Sims games made for GBA, and was hoping for a similar type game to hit. There are still mini-games, but I felt like the path for your character to follow was not all that clear-cut. Now, I am not saying I wanted full instructions, but the game allows itself to feel sort of like a Harvest Moon in that it just persists and persists without knowing what your goals even are.
on December 6, 2010
When I bought it a year ago it was 11$. It was worth that, so it's definately worth the price to add a game to your selection. I rate this game so highly because of the price. It is fun and has different aspects of play to keep you busy. I wish the story line had been longer, more house items wouldve been nice, and trying to remember which essences created what was kind of a pain. But again, for the price you can't go wrong if you like this type of game play.
on January 27, 2011
I think it is really cool. It is one of the most fun DS games I've played. Playing the minigames is cool. One thing I don't like about it is that you can't jump. The top thing that's really cool about it is that at the end you try to catch a criminal. I think that boys and girls who are 5-12 would like this game. It's a little bit like the SimCity iPad game, or the DS game called Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road. -- S., age 7
on May 6, 2011
I spent eight dollars on this game in hopes of an entertaining and enjoyable game, which it was... For two hours.
And I'm not someone who plays videogames often. I beat this game and the extra game in less than 24 hours. It was fun while it lasted, but not worth what I spent. If you love sims, I recommend getting it for the wii, not the ds.
on April 18, 2010
This game was obviously created for children, but this doesn't excuse the lack of fun. It has a ridiculously slow start, and despite the other high ratings, its hard for me to find it worth while to continue the chore of playing this game just to get to something mildly entertaining. I give this game 3 stars only because I have not finished it and I hear it gets better. I would not recommend buying this game.
on July 2, 2015
O my god, this game... there's too much of a story line to follow and if you don't play for a few days, you forget what you had to do to (the stupid assignment) You can spend a week on this game and if you haven't figured out the basics, you won't get anywhere. There are more places than other Sim games and more Sim people (who keep asking for favors) and a few mini-games but its not worth it.
on December 27, 2012
I ordered this product for both my twelve year old and nine year old daughters. They both like it very much. My twelve year old hadn't played her ds in a while but she very much enjoys this game. You kind of live your life while saving a town and hanging out with other sims. Packed with minigames and adventures. Super fun! Another success by sims!

See 1 answered question