Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 27, 2011
Easy to assemble and use. Good for small product photography and doesn't take up too much space. Recommend keeping the box to store it in when not in use to keep clean and undamaged. My product photographs have significanly improved since using the MyStudio Tabletop system. Everything needed (except the camera) is included in this kit. Best price for this system was at Amazon - significantly cheaper than other sites I reviewed.
on June 1, 2013
This is probably one of the better product that is available on Amazon for this particular purpose. I did a bit of research before deciding to order the MS20J Tabletop Studio and so far, I am more than satisfied with the resulting pictures but I cannot give it a 5 star review because of a few quality problems I ran into (see below).My initial thought was to give it 3 stars but after takings a bunch of photos, I changed my review to 4 stars.

Despite assembly instructions that were not very clear, I managed to get the studio assembled in short order and immediately started shooting pictures after scrubbing the infinity background with SoftScrub. The product works as advertised - and actually works very well as the resulting pictures are of very good quality. I am shooting with a DSLR and have full control over exposure, aperture, white balance, metering, shutter speed and other settings and I believe that I should be able to figure out the best layout/position of the props and the bounce cards fairly quickly.

Now, much as I wanted to give this 5 stars, there are a few problems that SHOULD NOT be present in a product at this price point.

Problem #1
I am quite used to assembling products and I prefer following written/illustrated instructions rather than videos. Assembly instructions are not very well organized and are not very clear - and the pictures provided in the manual are a little too dark/small so it is difficult to make out details. ON top of that, the text and pictures are separated: all text is grouped together and all picture are grouped together, and one has to flip back and forth between pages quite a bit. it would make so much more sense for each step to have its associated pictures immediately below, or inline and for instructions to be clearer and more detailed.

Problem #2
The white necklace holder arrived with its stand DETACHED (it came unglued) - this should NOT be the case for a product that cost $250!!! I I had to go find some strong glue and spend time gluing the stand back onto the necklace holder and this is the main reason for the loss of 1 star.

Problem #3
I was EXTREMELY careful when removing the plastic diffuser from the light strip - and despite that, 3 tabs broke off! Again, not acceptable for a product that cost as much as this one. And I lost a tab when trying to put it back in. Now, the diffuser is ever so slightly loose! It is very fragile. Second reason for the loss of the star.

Problem #4
One side of the bounce card is slightly glossy and the other side is matte but nowhere on the instructions does it state which side should face the light light. I used the glossy side in order to get better reflection.

Problem #5
The jewelry kit arrived with small sealed plastic bag that contained 6 squares white material of what appeared to be glue of some sort. There are no labels on the plastic bag and nowhere do the instructions tell you about what this was. So I had to jump back to amazon.com to read the description of the kit to find out that this was wax that could be used to hold items in place. A label & mention in instructions would be useful.

A little bit if QC (quality control) would go a long way and probably result in 5 stars.
on June 11, 2013
I used another light box prior to buying this one and it was such low quality and in efficient, I returned it immidiately. After I returned it, I researched for a while to see which box would be not only a fair price but also high quality for me to take photos for our jewelry business. I ran into this one, watched the videos on youtube, bought it and could not be happier. the service was great, the dvd instructions were priceless and I am a happy camper. Will buy again from this company - thanks.
on March 17, 2013
Very nice table top studio. Very east setup - took me about 25 minutes by myself. They include a dvd with video instructions as well as tips and techniques for taking pictures. Nice to have the video to see each step (I am not good with written instructions - need to see how to do it). I have been selling some items on ebay and having really professional photos makes a big difference - first impressions are very important! I bought the package with the jewelry photography toolkit - really makes photos look fabulous. I would recommend this set to anyone looking to take professional photos at a great price.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2013
This is a great set, taking good photos for my website has never been easier.
If you want to shoot professional pictures for jewelry, MS20J is the way to go.
on August 9, 2012
I gotta say I wasn't happy with this set after first couple tries. The assemble instruction was weird. Jewelry display set looks cheap and worked as how much it's worth. I was even mad at it and wanted to return badly (couldn't do it coz the return window expired by the time I decided to return) so gotta keep it and give it couple more tries.
It actually...rocks! The matter is how you set the camera setting. I set my camera at ISO 400, f5.6 on manual mode and it gives wonderful result. Very little work to touch up on photoshop. I'm happy now.
They have couple online tutorials you can watch for the best shots too.
I can't give it 5 stars because of the price. For the price it's listed, the jewelry dispay set should be better than what I get.
on May 23, 2013
MS20J is the easiest table top photo studio available. The setup was simple & result is great. Perfect for small business users like myself, who sell most of the items on ebay & websites.
on June 15, 2013
Great product. Does a great job and I didn't have to build what I needed from scratch. Highly recommend for the person looking to take high quality photos of jewelry for the internet.
on July 6, 2013
The natural light and white background enable much improved jewelry photos (over the attempts I was making with my window sill!). I'm no professional photographer, but my shots definitely look a lot better with the MyStudio.
on October 24, 2012
Metal supports for daylight bulb & bulb assembly, well built in US. Back drop (bathtub), well built in US.
12 pc jewelery tool kit, very handy; especially the sticky wax for holding items up. Tripod was a nice
bonus, opened & inspected, but re-packed into the original box. Using my own, slightly well made tripod
for the photography.

Typed instructions for assembly and proper use of studio, well done. Black & white
photos of assembly process were okay; lacked detail. **DVD came to the rescue.**
DVD of assembly and proper use of studio, well made. Background music was a bit too much,
during the 'tips & hints' for better photograph results.

Bring tools when assembling, flat head and philips screwdriver,
multiple interchangeable bits preferred & 11mm socket wrench.

Need practice on my part to obtain better results.