5.0 out of 5 stars A family tradition now available online
Published on January 24, 2009 by Yoguini

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FROM SPAIN
Published on February 2, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FROM SPAIN, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Myrurgia Maja Soap Bar Gift Set From Spain (Health and Beauty)
I ordered these soaps from this seller specifically because they were advertised as being imported from Spain. They were a gift for my mother as she had bought this brand in a local store, but it was not what she was looking for - the scent and texture was different, and we discovered this was due to the soap being produced in Mexico. I had this product shipped directly to her house, and upon receiving the soaps she called to let me know that they were, in fact, made in Mexico as well. I'm very disappointed, as I did a lot of research before purchasing and this was the only company that advertised, multiple times, that the soaps are from imported from Spain. As far as I am concerned, this is false advertising. I'm looking for the price plus the shipping and handling to be refunded as well. I also think that this seller should edit their page so it reflects that this product does not come imported from Spain as advertised. However, I recognize that perhaps this was just a mistake on the seller's part; if they are willing to send soap imported from Spain I would be more than happy with this outcome

5.0 out of 5 stars A family tradition now available online, January 24, 2009
My mother has loved this soap for years. My brother loves it, too. I really like it myself. The difficulty is finding a store that stocks it. Well, I placed an order through Amazon and gave out boxes as gifts for Christmas. The soaps arrived in time, in excellent condition, and I couldn't be more pleased that this is now an option. I will certainly order many more boxes in the future. The shipping rate seemed high to me, but the boxes of soap in quantity, to be fair, are heavy. The soaps have become part of my family's history and nothing else seems to compare; Maja soap has a unique, elegant scent that lasts to the end of the bar and can appeal to men or women. It lathers well, is not harsh, doesn't leave a residue, smells great, to boot, so I think it's worth it. The round soaps are the best, for those who are interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm.., May 5, 2010
My mom has worn this soap since I was a kid.. My dad gave it to her on their 1st date and ever since then she uses it.. I am now 30 with a child of my own and everytime my 7 year old smells it she says it smells like me..!

Its a heavy dark musky perfumed soap.. I love it..

PS - you can usually find it in a Latino grocery store or latino drug store.. I've seen it in Walmart but only in the latino neighborhood one..