Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on August 4, 2013
I've been studying about Easter Island for over 40 years, and have spent 6 weeks on the island in 2 separate trips. This film is by far the most complete and accurate summation of our knowledge of the island that I have seen. It features many of the leading experts on the island, most of whom have done extensive field work on Rapa Nui. I highly recommend this film!
on June 13, 2013
This is an AWESOME documentary on Easter Island. I've seen all the documentaries available from major sources since I saw Chariots of the Gods in the 70s as a kid. And this one is the best so far. This documentary is the ONLY one that I have seen that is based on verifiably authoritative sources such as professionals who use evidence to draw conclusions rather than the sensationalistic appeal of UFOs. This is the only complete documentary on Easter Island. All of what is currently known about Easter Island is presented. The truth is well-founded in hard evidence and sorry, but there is no mystery. This is the polar opposite of the sideshow put on by "ancient alien astronaut theorists". The opinions of reviewers who say they don't like this documentary because it is "pedestrian" or because there "isn't any mystery" are off track. There is no mystery because the questions have been answered. Apparently, these people think a documentary should be full of fabricated "mysteries" and unqualified goofball frauds with crazy hair instead of real scientists, professionals and academicians. Anyone who says this is a travelogue did not watch it or does not know what a travelogue is. This is NOT a travelogue. And it is NOT for tourists --except those who want an introduction to the topic.
on August 3, 2015
I found this episode of "Mysteries" (really a short documentary in itself) to be very entertaining. The order the presentation was given in was easy to follow and promoted a fun sense of mystery. They also recruited a wide variety of people to interview about the island, and used an entertaining mix of interview shots, modern footage of the island, and artist renderings.
on June 11, 2014
The program provides varying views of scientists without reservations. The audience is able to compare the views and decide on their own. The program covers many aspects starting with the origin of the people to the current activities on Easter Island. Evidence and data is presented effectively to postulate on many mysteries including the future of "our" civilization. Well done.
on May 15, 2014
Very interesting, moving documentary about the achievements and tribulations of a beautiful, innovative, resilient culture. I didn't come into this looking for conspiracy theories and so I wasn't disappointed. What I got was an entertaining and informative history lesson and I came away feeling that the story of Rapa Nui's people teach us we absolutely must be kinder to each other and to the earth. The parts about the slave traders nearly made me cry. Great doc.
on August 4, 2015
It covers a lot of information that I hadn't heard in other Rapa Nui documentaries. Though the information on how they were transported is dated. If you are interested in this and would like to know more about how the Moai "walked", check out Mystery of Easter Island. It aired August 5, 2015 at 10 pm on PBS. I would argue it is one of the best NOVA episodes as they proved something for once.
Link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/mystery-easter-island.html
on May 29, 2014
I learned so much. I had no idea most of this happened. I'm so glad I watched this!! I would definitely recommend it. 5 stars all the way!
on August 9, 2013
Really great discussion of what happen to this culture. A lot of lessions about care of the environment that would service us well today
on May 28, 2015
The same old myths about the statues - knuckle-draggers, one step out of the cave, used chicken bones, sticks and strings to make/move them. I'm not saying it was space aliens but our goofy myths are just asinine. The things are buried by 8 feet of sediment, they're truly ancient. Clearly there was an advanced civilization who left these megalithic structures all around the world. I would surmise that said civilization was nearly wiped out by an asteroid or something and therefore knocked back to the stone-age. The same that may happen to us one day. . Silliness? Ravings of a lunatic? I point to Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one - and chicken bones and string moving 30 ton rocks ain't it.
on December 4, 2014
Absolutely fascinating. I think this is the best DVD out there regarding Easter Island. So much to learn about these people and the mysterious monoliths. Wonderful, highly recommend this DVD.