5.0 out of 5 stars mystery movie
Boris Karloff was great in these movies. I never did like the horror movies that he was in but these I really like. He did a exceptional job as Mr Wong. Well worth the little price that was paid. The picture and sound was very good.
Published on May 27, 2008 by Karen Gates

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality stinks . . . not "exactly" what it indicates
I believed from the picture and description that this was all Boris Karloff and it isn't. The quality of the video transfer is poor and sound is often unintelligible. Bought two others in the "Mystery" series, but no more. Save your money at any price for these.
Published on May 12, 2012 by Ivanhoe

5.0 out of 5 stars mystery movie, May 27, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old Movies, May 12, 2012
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
Truly enjoyed watching this old movies and well worth the money. Fear in the night was new to me and a real thriller. If you like good old movies you will love this collection for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars variey, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
Ths volume of the series has an eclctic selection. Four different movies with four different approaches to mystery. The conclusions of the movies are different as one can imagine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movies.Low Price, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
All these movies are great. The Clairvoyant is very good thriller with Claude Rains and King Kong's Fay Wray. Fear in the night with Deforest Kelly (doc Star Trek)and also a good thriller. Boris Karloff in the Fatal Hour is also good, as this was a different type of roll for him. All 4 movies are worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars CLAUDE RAINS & THE DEVIL'S PARTY, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
FIRST I WANT TO SAY THAT MR RAINS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME FAVORITE OF MINE EVER SINCE I WATCHED HIM IN THE INVISIBLE (John Cena's "you can't see me") MAN: AND ALSO IN "ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER" WITH THE GREAT PAUL MUNI. I BELIEVE THE PART HE PLAYED IN "THE CLAIRVOYANT" IS HIS CUP OF TEA. HE IS GOOD AT THESE KIND OF ROLES.

THE FATAL HOUR WITH MR KARLOFF AND AN OLD FAVORITE CHARACTER ACTOR; GRANT WITHERS; WAS A GOOD AND FUNNY STORY. NOT EXCITING BUT ACCEPTABLE FOR ME. MARJORIE REYNOLDS: WHO PLAYED IN "THE LIFE OF RILEY" IS A CHARMING ADDITION TO THE STORY AS WELL. I LOVE THESE BLACK & WHITE FLICKS OF OLD.

"FEAR INTHE NIGHT" WAS DONE WELL BUT IT REMINDED ME OF AN OLD TV MOVIE (The name I can't remember; with Keith Brazzelle; playing a similar role.) ALL & ALL NOT A BAD SHOW.

I HAVE SAVED "THE DEVIL'S PARTY" FOR LAST BECAUSE IT WAS THE BETTER OF THE FOUR FILMS. TO ME IT WAS A MOVIE KIND OF RESEMBLING "ANGEL'S WITH DIRTY FACES" WITH A TWIST. IT WAS A FIRST RATE STORY WITH ONE OF THE BIGGEST MEN IN MOVIES: VICTOR MCLAGHLIN. (I know it's not spelled right.) HE PLAYED HIS ROLE TO THE HILT. IT WAS ALSO GOOD TO SEE MR GARGAN IN A THE FILM; WHOM I HAVEN'T SEEN A FILM WITH HIM IN IT FOR MANY YEARS. I RECOMMEND THIS FILM TO ALL WHO WOULD ENJOY WATCHING; CAGNEY, BOGART, ROBINSON, GARFIELD OR MANY MNAY MORE OF OUR PAST GANGSTER MOVIES. THIS IS A CLASS #1 NOIR FILM TO ME. IT ALONE WAS A 5...

5.0 out of 5 stars great shows, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
I had never heard of these movies before; but I love old mystery classics. These movies were great. I enjoyed every last one of them. I am going to order more of these classics. I got this one and another one at the same time and I have watched them both. Anyone who really loves mystery movies; these should be in your collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality stinks . . . not "exactly" what it indicates, May 12, 2012
Ivanhoe (Pompano Beach, FL) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
The picture quality of some of the movies are not good, but I don't see this as a deterrent as the movies are very old. Think that is just part of the experience. :) Great for a lazy, rainy day. The packaging is very good and its a good selection. Some of the movies will be famous and others, hardly known. This is, again, all part of the "charm."

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
I love mystery movies that why I bought this can not wait too watch it I will buy more mystery movies again

3.0 out of 5 stars It was alright, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Mystery Classics V.11 (DVD)
This is the better one of this series. A little dissapointing but OK.For such old movies the print was in good shape

Mystery Classics V.11
Mystery Classics V.11 by Boris Karloff (DVD - 2005)
$3.99