Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Myth-O-Mania: Stop That Bull, Theseus! - Book #5
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 24, 2015
My son (9.5yrs) and I both enjoy reading these as they are written in current day perspective with lots of humor! This one Hades is tagging along with Theseus on his adventures to recruit prospects for WWF for the underworld- Too funny!
on September 19, 2012
My son loves the books in these series, we have ordered every one. He is 9 and obsessed with mythology, but it is usually a fight to get him to sit and read, but with these books he can not put them down. Thanks
on March 10, 2014
The premise behind each title in the series -- the actual Greek myths are wrong, so wrong, because they were told by egomaniacal Zeus. Hades is here to set you straight. Hilarity ensues. I have read reviews that suggest maximum enjoyment of this series comes to those who are already familiar with the myths. My son is not, and he not only had a BLAST reading each one, but was then inspired to go and find out more.

My son did a book report on this particular title. Here is the text of his report:

Hi, it's me, Hades. You know all this hubbub about Theseus and the Minotaur? It's all a lie. I'll tell you the real story.

One day while walking through a wood, I found Poseidon watching a teenager trying to lift up an enormous rock. When I learned the boy was my nephew, I lifted up the rock for him. Underneath, was a pair of priceless golden sandals and a matching sword. I learned his name was Theseus, and we walked along the Trozen-Athens Road. Together we defeated 3 big bad bullies, Sinis "The Pine Bender," Sciron "The KickMeister", and "Mr. Nighty-Night" Procrustes.

When Theseus made it to Athens (a city), his father King Aegeus was overjoyed! But the fun didn't last long. In a letter from Crete (an island), King Minos (king of Crete) requested 7 men and 7 women to feed the Minotaur!

Theseus vowed to slay the Minotaur! I knew he would die so I asked Cupid to shoot one of his arrows at Princess Medea (King Minos's daughter). Medea gave Theseus some yarn to help him find his way out of the labyrinth. It turns out the Minotaur is a nice guy. Theseus wrestled him, but neither of them could win. Theseus had survived! But his dad thought the worst. King Aegues hurled himself off a cliff. That is why the water around Greece are called the Aegean Sea.

Don't believe me? Go ask them yourself! You can find Theseus in any U.W.F. match (Underworld Wrestling Federation).
on September 14, 2003
This is one of my favorite Myth-O-Manias. I read it to my grandmother and I think she enjoyed it. One other thing I liked about it is it helped me discover about the three bullies(real characters in Greek Myths). Another thing is I just loved the Minotaur.
on December 14, 2013
My daughter is trying to pass the barrier between reading beginner books to enjoying chapter books. This whole series has been great motivation and she has loved them all!
on April 13, 2015
My kid loves these books and the local library doesn't carry the series. I was so glad I found it in here for such a great price.
on April 30, 2014
I love this series it is great cant wait to read the newest book. Thank Kate McMullan for such an amazing book and series.
on April 8, 2013
This book is part of a unique series created around myths. It is a great enjoyable story with humor and fun.
on April 19, 2015
Great series that teaches the myths with a little more drama for effect.
on February 7, 2016
Wow! I read it and still love it!