MythBusters 17 Seasons 2006
Amazon Instant Video
1. Holiday Special Join the MythBusters team as they crack a host of holiday hype. Could reindeer really help Santa fly? What's the best way to keep all the needles on your Christmas tree? Also, find out how much yodelling it actually takes to start an avalanche.
2. Hindenburg Mystery In this action-packed episode of Mythbusters, Adam and Jamie turn dirigible detectives to try and solve one of aeronautics biggest puzzles, while Kari, Tory and Grant come face-to-face - and have to flee - from some of Nature's natural-born killers.
3. Pirate Special Arggghhh me hearties - Jamie and Adam have plundered the seven seas in search of pirate parables and maritime myths and the result is this 2-hour spectacular. And with four stories of hi-jinks on the high seas the action is thick and fast.
4. Underwater Car On this episode of MythBusters, Jamie and Adam test the stuff of nightmares in Underwater Car. Meanwhile Grant, Tory and Kari roll out the Seven Paper Fold myth. Is it possible to fold a piece of paper in half more than seven times?
5. Speed Cameras Take two self-confessed speed freaks, Adam and Jamie, and pit them against the people's nemesis: Speed Cameras. The result: an action-packed adventure full of fun, fascination and, best of all, fast cars.
6. Dog Myths Is it possible to teach an Old Dog New Tricks? In attempt to find an answer Adam and Jamie go head to head with a pair of untrained middle-aged Malamute Huskies. Meanwhile, Kari, Grant, and Tory look into the myth that you can Beat The Guard Dog.
7. More Myths Reopened Every so often the mythbusters draw conclusions that leave the fans seething. Well, once again, it's time for the mythbusters to put some of their most contentious outcomes under the microscope, in Myths Revisited.
8. Voice Flame Extinguisher In Voice Flame Extinguisher, Jamie and Adam set out to discover if it's possible to put out a fire using only your voice. Meanwhile, Kari, Tory and Grant will put four classic hypnosis hypotheses under the microscope.
9. Birds in a Truck Adam and Jamie tackle Newton, the founder of the principle of thermodynamics and the law of conservation of momentum. They look into a physics urban myth. If birds in a truck take flight do they lighten the load? They call a pigeon wrangler for help.
10. Walking on Water It's east meets west in the Mythbusters Ninja Special. Shrouded in secrecy and mythology, not to mention cult popularity Ninjas are perfect fodder for the Mythbusters. In this episode the whole team combine to pit science against martial arts mystique.
11. Western Myths It's Yeehaa and Hiyo Silver as Adam and Jamie saddle up for some western myths. But that's not all. Kari, Tory, and Grant test the modern marvel of airbags. You've got it all; past and present, horses and cars, guns and explosions.
12. Big Rig Myths In Exploding Tire of Death Adam and Jamie try to find out if an exploding truck tire can kill. Meanwhile, Kari, Tory and Grant investigate another fuel efficiency fable - Drafting for money.
13. Snow Special In this episode of Mythbusters, the whole team is piste off and that's snow joke. Their snowed under with movie myth, and living legend as they put snow myths to the test in this Snow Special.
14. Grenades and Guts Jamie and Adam investigate the cliché that a quick thinking action hero can protect his fellow cast members from a grenade blast. Meanwhile in Diet Coke and Mentos - Exploding Stomach our intrepid trio test an Internet video with an outrageous claim.
15. Baseball Myths Roger Clemens, perhaps baseball's greatest living pitcher, joins the gang to take on the national pastime as only the Mythbusters can.
16. Viewer Special Since the beginning of Series 5 the Mythbusters have been putting out the call for new myths to bust. And now it's time to put a new batch of viewer suggestions to the test. That's right it's the Mythbusters Viewer special.
17. Superhero Hour You're not seeing things. As uncomfortable as it is, it's true - the Mythbusters are wearing their underpants on the outside. And why? Well because this episode is the Superhero Hour -the Marvel comic maestros are put under the Mythbusters microscope
18. Red Rag to a Bull The color red can drive a bull towards psychopathy. Or does it? The team puts this legend to the test. Then fresh from their bull jousting, the team tests another story about rowdy ruminants as they test the saying: 'Bull in a China Shop.'
19. Myth Revolution In RFID Tags, Kari, Tory and Grant are putting the latest RFID conspiracy theorists to the test. Meanwhile Adam and Jamie are testing two myths about weapons.
20. Trail Blazers Myths Revisited offers Jamie and Adam the chance to clear their name! Returning to the most controversial myths, they repeat them to see if their original answer was genuine or bogus.
21. Exploding Water Heater Jamie and Adam get steamed testing if a water heater can rocket through the roof and into the atmosphere. Meanwhile, Tory, Grant, and Kari try on some all-American myths about blue jeans.
22. Idioms The MythBusters test the truth behind some time-honored sayings and conventional wisdom. Is it really as simple as shooting fish in a barrel? Are elephants really scared of mice? And what's really the best cure for a hot chile burn?
23. Pirates 2! In this piratical sequel, the MythBusters once again plunder and pillage for maritime myth, testing two Pirates of the Caribbean movie-inspired myths and the curse of a Sand Neck Tie.
24. Confederate Cannon Jamie and Adam take on a mythical confederate weapon: a steam-powered machine gun rumored to fire 400 rounds a minute at a 300-yard range. Meanwhile, Kari, Grant, and Tory put their lying skills on the line to test mythical ways to beat a lie detector.
25. Airplane Hour Jamie and Adam take wing to test if a person with no flight training can safely land a 747 and if a plane can take off from a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction. Tory, Grant, and Kari jump on some Hollywood-inspired skydiving myths.
26. James Bond Special Part 1 "The name's Hyneman. James Hyneman." It's tuxedos and martinis as the Mythbusters take on 007 in this James Bond special one-hour episode. Our stealthy secret agents are on a mission to explode the myths about Bond's gadgets, getaways, and guns.
27. Lead Balloon In this episode of Mythbusters, surfs up dude. The team tests if a couple of sticks of dynamite can create ideal surfing conditions and then test the proverbial lead balloon.
28. Airplane on a Conveyor Belt In this three-myth blockbuster the team takes a crash-course in remote controlled airplane flying, bug-out by testing the "cockroach survival" theory, then return to fraternity pranks with exploding cans of shaving cream.
29. James Bond Special Part 2 The Mythbusters dedicate this one-hour special to the ultimate action hero: James Bond. They put the gadgets and stunts to the test leaving them shaken, not stirred.
30. Viewers Special 2 On the first Viewer's Special we tested a bunch of myths from the Mythbusters fan site, and it was a blast-literally. So in our second Viewer's Special we once again open up Adam and Jamie's inbox for ideas.
31. MacGyver Myths This reverential episode of MythBusters pays tribute to the man who made something really useful from out of almost anything-MacGyver!
|Director||Alice Dallow, Tabitha Lentle|
|Starring||Jamie Hyneman, Adam Savage|
|Supporting actors||Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara, Kari Byron, Robert Lee, Jessie Nelson|
|Producers||Mary Donahue, Eric Haven, John Hunt, Tabitha Lentle, Linda Wolkovitch|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Season 5 episode 17, when they test super hero myths. I'd have to disagree on their "busted" decision on if you can leave a ring imprint/scar on skin with a punch. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Incognito
My favorite part of the episode is the test of whether or not a falling frozen turkey can injure a human's foot or, even better, a nosy pet looking for scraps of food. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Hyde Park
I enjoy showing this video to my class the last couple days before winter break.Published 7 days ago by Rachel
I love Mythbusters. My son does, too. He's five and is fascinated by what they do. Who knows... maybe a scientist in the making? Let's hope so.Published 16 days ago by Shawn Y
Love these shows, I just wish they were more reasonably priced. If they were, we'd have purchased every season... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Dee
Season 5 is one of the best seasons ever! It would be impossible to choose a best episode! My recommendation is to just buy the whole season! Read morePublished 9 months ago by Mike B.