Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

84%
16%

on January 8, 2008
I found it strange that there is no list of episodes, but decided to order the set anyway. I wasn't disappointed: there is some great classic stuff in this set. The episodes are 1 - 6, 34, 36, 37, 40 and 43 and the shop till you drop and MythBusters revealed specials. [...] There doesn't seem to be any region coding on the DVDs.

The episodes look very good, but sometimes I got the impression that the material wasn't filmed with widescreen viewing in mind, the framing can be on the claustrophobic side. (I.e., zoomed in a bit too far.) The earlier episodes have the myths one after the other, and you can select which one you want to watch. This is great. Unfortunately, in the later episodes we get the more familiar interweaving of the myths so you only get to select the beginning of the myth you want to watch but when the program switches to another myth you have to fast forward manually, there are no additional chapter stops.
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2007
Ahh, the Mythbusters: if you haven't stumbled upon this show on the Discovery Channel yet, what are you waiting for? Over the years, Adam and Jamie (and Tory, Grant, and Kari) have thoroughly tackled some of our greatest urban myths, legends, and simply bizarre ideas, using their vast areas of knowlege in the sciences. Watching an episode is like watching the scientific method at work, and the personalities of Adam and Jamie make the show extremely entertaining. The projects they do are great for kids to see (although sometimes their language might not be appropriate for young people, depending on how uptight you are about that sort of thing) because they show how working through a problem can lead to very interesting results. I've learned a lot by watching this show.

This DVD set is very bare-bones. Only one behind-the-scenes feature, no commentaries, just full-length episodes (I think there may be some extra footage thrown in here and there; there are a couple small experiments that I don't remember seeing from the TV version). Plus, the episodes they chose for the set seem kind of arbitrary, just random ones from seasons 2 and 3. However, the new low price is MUCH better than the $60 or so you used to have to pay at the Discovery Channel website. I recommend this set to anyone who has ever been curious about their world. You will not be disappointed.
Trying to find a present for my grand nephew is so difficult. He is 11 years old and loves to download apps for everything. The other night I asked my nephew what my GN was doing as he was so quiet. Lo and behold he was watching 'Mythbusters' which I had never heard about. My nephew told me he absolutely loved the show.

My dilemma of Christmas shopping was solved and if there are any problems when he receives it will update this review.

Most highly recommended.
on December 29, 2015
I have said this about all of the collections, so if you've read one of my reviews, you've read all of them. We really liked the Mythbusters series when we first saw them, but after Scotty left the build team and Carrie became the only woman, she got really annoying IMHO - very "cutesy." After a while the "clever interactions" - particularly from the era of the Build Team - seemed to take the focus over from the actual science, and we just got tired of it, especially when they wouod do things just to be mean to each other. What kind of role mode is that? But, we still did enjoy the science part. Maybe the thing to do is to not watch too many of the episodes from any one collection too often.
on March 1, 2014
Got myth? Who are you going to call?
Consider - the lovely quiet Jamie Hyneman and the eclectically loud and funny Adam Savage, THE MYTHBUSTERS plus (their beautiful and wonderful staff of Mythbusters: Kari Byron, Jessi Combs, Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, Robert Lee, Nikos Andronikos and so forth...)
I saw one of their TV Show Seasons and I've purchased all of their TV Show Seasons available for sale, plus all of the 10 Collections and All of their Specials.
Yes, entertaining, worthwhile and something that never gets old, great explosions, curious informational tid-bits everybody should have whether it is a James Bond special effects or some other show, etc... Something for everybody! Buy it before they're gone, hurry up! I love this show!
I'm not an expert.
I am NOT a professional reviewer--though I play one on Amazondotcom--
I live in a country ("across the 'pond'") where if I want to SEE this
show I have to BUY the videos.
I do know what I like.
Mythbusters: Collection 6
Mythbusters Collection 7
Mythbusters: Collection 8
MythBusters: Collection 9

and several other buying options. Such as:
Mythbusters: Urban Legends

You CAN buy entire seasons---if you can find them-- and even
complete--so far--seasons for as much as $400. Like:

Mythbusters Complete Seasons 1 2 3 4 5 (One Two Three Four Five)

Since you cannot list more than 10 inserted recommendations, there are SEVERAL
you'll have to find on your own.
I recommend buying the s-e-v-e-n [numbered] collections-- NOT seasons --like I did.
I bought some from AMAZON, and others when I saw them on the shelves of
the PX I work at.
Buy them here... some of the early collections are either unavailable,
or outragiously-priced.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on January 29, 2014
A friend's recommendation led me to order this DVD and I was not disappointed. A quirky presentation style makes all the episodes highly entertaining and we enjoyed seeing the fabrication of many of the props,
on November 26, 2007
Mythbusters is a great show for everyone! The hosts, along with their team, crack myths and urban legends using science. This DVD Set is a great value for the money. 4 Discs for $20. I also found it was much cheaper than the Boxed versions sold on the discovery channel site which retailed for $50 each. The show is funny and you will learn from it whether you realize at the time or not. Great for kids, teenagers and adults. I feel like it is a parallel to the fun science shows of my youth like "Bill Nye the Science Guy".
on June 26, 2007
I've waited a long time for some of these favorite episodes to come out in a collection, to make my mind up if I wanted to buy everything year by year or on iTunes. This Collection has many of my favorite episodes, but is not inclusive, so I'll buy the years as they become available. Go Mythbusters!
on July 3, 2007
The purchase was made for middle school science classes. I haven't really watched all the episodes, just enough to know that the students will enjoy them. The series was recommended by the eighth grade science teachers in my building. I plan on separating the four disks into different packages as I know if one teacher checks out the four disk pack I may never see it again.