| Ninety-nine Nights II (N3II) is a high-energy "Hack and Slash" action-adventure game for Xbox 360 featuring epic battles against massive armies in a unique fantasy realm. This highly-anticipated sequel is the latest follow-up to the internationally-acclaimed Xbox 360 title, Ninety-nine Nights (N3), and features improvements over the original game including multiplayer modes via Xbox LIVE, including co-op options, leaderboards, a smoother frame rate and a new added emphasis on puzzle play. Story |
In a mystical world of miracles and magic, humans coexist alongside many other races including the elves, goblins, and ogres. But when the "Lord of the Night" suddenly appears, in a mere 3 months the fertile fields of the land are reduced to scorched earth and before long, Orphea, the sacred land to the north, is besieged by the Army of the Night. Amidst the roar of battle, one man thunderously bursts through the ranks of a legion like a bolt of lightning – he is "Galen," the ultimate warrior. Alone, he storms forward as he lays waste to the dark forces, letting nothing stop him in his path to Orphea Castle. Galen must battle through the hordes of enemies that await him and this onslaught escalates with imposing monstrous creatures that join the fray. Centering on "the inheritance of life," a new battle between light and dark begins.
| Draw swords against the Lord of the Night's global siege as Galen and 4 other warriors. |
Like the original Ninety-nine Nights game, N3II is a "Hack and Slash" action adventure game in which players engage in sword and magic based battles against hordes of enemies spewing from Lord of the Night's armies. Along with the main character, the warrior Galen, players will unlock 4 additional playable characters drawn from the different races of Orphea, as they progress through the game. Each of these have their own histories as well as weapons and special abilities, which must be mastered in order to succeed. Mastery of these skills, beyond their use in battle, is also important in that N3II also contains a certain amount of puzzle-solving aspects, occurring mostly at transitional spots in game levels. In addition, unlike the original N3 game, along with an engrossing single player campaign, Ninety-nine Nights II also contains several online multiplayer options via Xbox LIVE, including co-op play options. Modes include: "Survival," in which players help each other to defeat three waves of enemies in order to get to the light; "Race," where they compete against each other in a race to defeat the most enemies; and "Escort," where players escort a company of Elven soldiers to safety while defending against attacking hordes of enemy soldiers. Players can check their ranking in all modes via Xbox LIVE online leaderboards. Key Game Features
- Engage in Massive Epic Battles - Staying true to its predecessor, N3II will pit players against hundreds of enemies on screen for some of the most prolific 'Hack & Slash' gameplay to date.
- Enjoy Dramatic Visual Upgrades - Improved graphical presentation on the Xbox 360 featuring more enemies on screen, over-the-top destruction (Orb Attack), and uncompromised levels of violence including a blood camera system.
- Multitude of Fighting Styles and Weaponry - Campaign with various characters, each equipped with customizable weaponry/accessories allowing for enhanced combo attacks and features that progressively change enemy battles.
- Form Alliances in Online Co-Op - Combat relentless enemies with a friend in fully supported online Co-op play for 2 players via Xbox LIVE.
- More Multiplayer Modes - Additional online multiplayer modes including "Race" and "Escort."
- Smoother Frame Rate - Improvements allow for a smoother frame rate even when battling dozens of enemies on-screen.
- Puzzle Play - Utilize the special abilities of each character to solve puzzles as the game progresses.