|Screen Size||16 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.73 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Mobility Radeon HD|
|Card Description||Mobility Radeon HD|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
ASUS N61JQ-B1 16-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-740QM Quad-Core Processor 1.73GHz with turbo boost up to 2.8GHz
- 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM, 2 slots, 8GB Max; ATI HD5730 graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
- 500GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM); Super Multi Optical Disk Drive; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn
- HDMI Port; USB 3.0 port; Bluetooth; 2.0MP Webcam
- 16-Inch HD (1366x768) LED Display; Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
Top Customer Reviews
1) Press start, go to computer, right click mouse over computer selection, then select (left click) manage
2) That gets you to the computer management dialog box
3) Then on the left column, click on Disk Management (Under Storage)
4) On Disk 0, Do NOT Touch the 19.53 GB PRIMARY Partition as this contains your recovery and installations files
5) On the 350GB partition, right click on it, and click on delete volume after you move anything you want to keep.
6) On this same partition, right click again, and click on format.
7) Then on the 150GB partition with the OS on it, right click on it and select Extend Volume.
8) Magically you now have your OS on the whole 500 GB HDD which means your machine will work much faster and you will avoid the blue screens of death and crashes mentioned elsewhere because the OS will have the necessary room on the full 500GB HDD to do it's work.
This machine is lightning fast when you do all three things mentioned above, or as my wife states it is supersonic fast. I bought mine through Costco.com for more money (at the MSRP) and for the financing, but I get lifetime technical support through their Concierge Services and they helped me do the above because I knew it could be done but I was unfamiliar with Windows 7 at the time of getting this laptop. Now when I need more space, I will connect a ...Read more ›
So far, so good, though we've only had it about a week, so I can't comment on reliability or customer support. We always use it plugged-in as well. UPS lost our first order, but Amazon was very good about sending out a replacement via Fedex.
Some minor issues:
-Shiny surface: attracts fingerprints and dust (this drives me crazy!)
-Shiny screen: my mom complained of seeing her reflection while watching a movie (yes, she really should watch them on the TV, but she doesn't)
-Keyboard isn't backlit: this would have been a big help for my mom, who has poor vision
-No Microsoft Office: I just removed the trial version and installed Sun's OpenOffice
-Bloatware - not the worst I've seen, but I wish you could order a clean version
-fast enough for basic apps (I would NOT recommend it for gaming, but why would you game on a laptop?)
-built-in webcam and microphone
-slim and fairly lightweight
I wish I could love but this relationship is abuse. ASUS is abusive to their customers, dont believe me just google it or something
good luck hope this helps
Most Recent Customer Reviews
ive been using this laptop for more than 2 years, heavy heavy usage, gaming mostly, music, surfing the net. Read morePublished on December 13, 2012 by Gustavo
So we bought this laptop just over a year ago (01/19/2011). Everything was great up until today 02/12/2012 when the battery failed. Read morePublished on February 12, 2012 by Amazon Customer
Software wise-- at startup, the laptop flew off my fingers with its i7 processor. Read more
I bought this Asus Laptop i7 expecting it would be much faster than my 1 year old Gateway tripple core, which has been a real disappointment - The Asus was faster, but not by much. Read morePublished on March 26, 2011 by Theo
Overall, a pretty good laptop. I'm not sure though that a year from now that I'll be able to find parts for this thing. Read morePublished on March 23, 2011 by outdoorsy
This computer is fast. So far I am very pleased with it. It is not much bigger than the laptop I replaced and weighs about the same. Would recommend this computer to anyoe=ne.Published on March 21, 2011 by Amazon Customer
The computer work very well I just wish the battery was longer it seems to last only about an hour.Published on March 19, 2011 by Judith Lilyquist
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.