Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
WD My Net N900 Central HD Dual Band Router 2TB Storage WiFi Wireless Router
|Price:||$111.58 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$143.41 (56%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Installing customer-supplied router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- FasTrack Plus technology accelerates your entertainment
- Internal storage and wireless backup
- View and share your files with WD 2go remote access
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1USB port
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: WD My Net N900 Central HD Dual Band Router 2TB Storage WiFi Wireless Router
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HyperTech Bargain||cables4computer||Etekdirect||Amazon.com|
|Data Transfer Rate||450||300||450||450|
|Total Lan Ports||4||4||7||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 A||802 11 ABGN||802 11 ABGN||802 11 A|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
My Net N900 Central HD Dual-Band Storage Router – All-in-one effortless HD entertainment with internal storage for backup.
Accelerate your entertainment and protect your data with My Net N900 Central HD Dual-Band Storage Router. Fastrack Plus technology delivers smart, real-time prioritization of entertainment traffic while the automatic backup software wirelessly backs up all the PCs in your network to the built-in hard drive. It features combined wireless speeds up to 900 Mbps, 4 Gigabit ports and one USB port.
FasTrack Plus makes these routers even smarter. It instantly analyzes and prioritizes all network traffic and provides more bandwidth to the services that need it, for a brilliant HD experience.
Up to 450 + 450 Mbps speed with dual 2.4 and 5 GHz bands working simultaneously. With superior range-amplifying technology this router provides the best range for larger multi-floor homes.
Wireless backup personal files to the built-in storage from all the computers in your home. Set it and forget. Performance and security all-in-one HD wireless router.
Brilliant HD streaming with FasTrack Plus - This technology doesn't just recognize pre-identified popular services and standard data packets like traditional routers. FasTrack Plus instantly analysis and prioritizes all movies, videos, games and chat sessions delivering faster, smoother, HD streaming with more efficient load times - even when it's all happening at the same time.
Built-in hard drive for wireless backup - With 1 or 2 TB of storage built-in, now it's easy and convenient to back up all the personal files from all the computers in your home. Set it and forget. WD's included backup software will automatically and continuously back up your data over your wireless network.
Speed that keeps up with you - With Dual-Band speeds up to 450 Mbps on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, My Net N900 Central delivers the ultimate Wi-Fi speeds for your entertainment.*
* Maximum wireless performance rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage may vary based on wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on factors including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, configuration of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions. As used for transfer rate or interface, Megabits per second (Mbps) = 1 million bits per second, Gigabits per second (Gbps) = 1 billion bits per second.
More bandwidth, less interference - Double your bandwidth with 2.4 and 5 GHz bands working simultaneously to increase throughput. Additionally, the 5 GHz band offers a dedicated network that streams your entertainment without interference.
Superior coverage - Range-amplifying technology reduces interference and additional antennas broaden the wireless signal to provide superior coverage for larger, multi-floor homes. Stream your movies, shows, games, videos and music to all the laptops, tablets and smartphones anywhere in your home.
4 Gigabit Ethernet ports - With 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports you have plenty of high-speed ports at 10x the speed over Fast Ethernet for your connected devices - HD game boxes, media players, Blu-ray Disc players and more.
USB port - The convenient USB port makes it easy to add external storage such as My Book or My Passport hard drives, shared printers, scanners and other USB devices to your network.
More control - My Net Dashboard makes it easy for you to customize, monitor or change your network settings. Access parental controls, Internet security, network name and password, printer and scanner settings, and connected storage drive settings all in one easy view.
Parental controls and Internet security - Use the available parental controls to limit the type of websites your children can view, set access and time limits for their web access and set Internet security to prevent malware and spyware attacks.
Keep your network up and running - The included network diagnostics tool monitors your network for you. It shows how many devices are on your network, continually analyzes common network connectivity issues and helps correct them when they occur so you are back up and running quickly.
Share your network with guests - Set up your own secure wireless hotspot in your home so your guests can wirelessly access your network. Password protection allows you to control access to just wireless web browsing.
Easy setup - WD's streamlined CD or browser setup is designed to get you up and running in minutes with just a few quick steps. You can set up your router with the included easy setup CD or set it up wirelessly with a browser on any of your connected devices. The intuitive user interface is designed for touch screens, making setting up your router on a smartphone or tablet a snap.
Easily connect and expand your network - With UPnP, it's easy to discover and auto-configure other devices on your network to provide the ultimate entertainment experience.
Create your own personal cloud- Access your files, music and photos with your smartphones and tablets using WD 2go free file viewer and WD Photos free photo viewer mobile apps. Connect My Net 900 Central with its built-in hard drive for an instant personal cloud solution. Keep your files safe at home and always with you.
Push button setup (WPS) - Easily connect new devices to your wireless network with the push of a button. It's as easy as syncing your mobile phone to your Bluetooth device, and within seconds you can expand your network to include PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other UPnP enabled wireless devices.
Advanced QoS (WMM)- In addition to industry-standard Advanced QoS which prioritizes devices, My Net routers feature exclusive FasTrack Plus technology that delivers smart, real-time prioritization of Internet movies, shows, games and video chat for the smoothest possible HD entertainment streaming.
WPA/WPA2, SPI firewall - We protect your wireless network with WPA/WPA2 and SPI firewall security. Only the data you want gets through, hackers are blocked, and your network is protected.
Antenna amplifiers - Built into the sleek design of the routers are multiple antenna amplifiers that help boost the router's range so that you get excellent coverage and speed in almost any size home.
IPv6-enabled - Future-proof your network with support for the latest Internet Protocol technology.
- Upgrading to smart HD dual-band speeds
- Wirelessly backing up your personal files from any PC in your network
- Smoothly streaming HD entertainment to smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, computers and other connected devices
- Multimedia households with multiple connected devices
- Viewing photos and files with your tablet or smartphone
- Connecting to your home network in just a few quick steps
- Quickly connecting new devices to your wireless network with the push of a button
- Setting up parental controls and Internet security to keep your family and network safe
- Providing guest access to your home Wi-Fi network
- Expanding your wired network at 10/100/1000 Gigabit speeds
- Connecting external storage, shared printers or scanners and other USB devices
What's in the box
HD dual-band storage router, Setup and resource CD, Ethernet cable, Power adapter, Quick Install Guide.
CD setup for PC: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3)
Web setup for Mac: Safari 2 or higher and type in //wdrouter or 192.168.1.1
Supported browsers for setup and advanced settings: Internet Explorer 7, Safari 2, Firefox 2, Google Chrome 7 or higher. Type in //wdrouter or 192.168.1.1
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
Features at a glance
- Auto-prioritizes all entertainment services for accelerated HD streaming
- Built-in WD hard drive for storage and wireless backup
- Dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz bands double your bandwidth and reduce interference
- Superior multi-floor coverage with range-amplifying technology
- WD 2go and WD Photos remote access
- Smartphone and tablet friendly for viewing photos and files
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for viewing photos and files
- USB port for connecting shared printers or scanners
- Parental controls, Internet security and guest access
- Network diagnostics to help monitor your network status and repair it quickly as needed
|My Net N600||My Net N750||My Net N900||My Net N900 Central|
Fast HD streaming with simple setup.
Seamless HD streaming for watching movies on multiple devices.
Smart HD streaming for accelerated video to all your Wi-Fi devices.
Smart HD streaming for accelerated video plus internal storage for wireless backup.
up to 300 + 300 Mbps
up to 300 + 450 Mbps
up to 450 + 450 Mbps
up to 450 + 450 Mbps
2.4 and 5 GHz
2.4 and 5 GHz
2.4 and 5 GHz
2.4 and 5 GHz
4 Fast Ethernet
4 Gigabit Ethernet
7 Gigabit Ethernet
4 Gigabit Ethernet
Tablet and smartphone friendly
Simultaneous HD streaming
Prioritization technology for accelerated HD Streaming
Size: 2 TB
Top Customer Reviews
Not too long ago, achieving this sort of a solution required multiple networking components to be purchased separately and needed serious networking skills to get it working on your home network. But WD's bold move into this market with Router NAS in a box surely deserves a big applause! - Good Job!
You may have seen my other reviews of networking products here on Amazon; I have been involved with Storage and networking for more than a decade and I do this for a living. Just to give you my background, I am an Enterprise systems engineer working for a global IT company. Also, I am a great admirer of WD's products; I own several of their product line and always pleased with their product quality. The first time I got introduced into WD family was their First Generation Western Digital WDTV Full HD Media Player and I was blown away by this device- years ahead of the technology at that time! After that I bought several of their 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drives, ...Read more ›
I'm on my 3rd replacement router from Western Digital and I've found the following:
1. You can not transfer large volumes of files to it. I was trying to use this as my network "NAS" for backups, and when trying to transfer anything more than around 50GB's of data to the router causes the network to crash about half way through the transfer. So much for using this for backup
2. Performance - This is advertised at 450mb would would translate to at least 45MB per second transfer rates. I just upgraded 2 computers one with an SSD drive and the other with a 7200RPM drive, and the fastest throughput I can get is 11 or 12MB's per second. Yes, I know there is overhead and performance limitations of the hardware connected...but give me a break, it should be doing at lest 25MB's per second.
3. Crashes constantly - I will say that each router they send me seems to be getting better. First router would crash and I would have to reset the box every other day or so, the second one was about once a week. My third one hasn't yet and it's been about 5 days, but I still have problems with transferring larges amount of data to it.....seems to always brings this router down.
I wish I could go back in time when I made this purchase and did my research, but unfortunately this product hasn't been out THAT long so there wasn't a tone of review. This goes down as my WORST ELECTRONICS PURCHASE EVER and I've been buying electronics for over 30 years. WD, you completely lost me as a customer on this one. Thanks for nothing.Read more ›
The installation was not complicated, though a little awkward. I followed the instructions, for once, as I had read it was a bit different than older routers. The router generates two SSIDs, one for the 5Ghz band and another one for the 2.4Ghz band.
I haven't done much with the internet portal, because I have no need at the moment, but I do have to explain to my wife in more detail how to transfer all data to the centralized HDD.
- When it works, it's very good. Can provide streaming to several machines at the same time without an issue.
- Sending files to router and being able to open from a different computer was effortless.
- SPEED SPEED SPEED: Amazed that on my 30mbps internet connection the speedtests reached over 50mbps in the bedroom, where I used to barely get any signal. The connection does have a 50mbps speed on turboboost (whatever that really means)
- Skype is unusable with the router
We were excited about the skype improvements since my family lives overseas and they like seeing our daughters through the webcam. Since we installed the router we can no longer use Skype. We have a 30mbps internet connection, with 50mbps boost, and even when there's no streaming going on we cannot have a reliable video session with any family member, even those who live just a few miles away. Can't even use the skype phone call (the one that costs money). I have had to rely on Google talk's webcam app to be able to chat.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had some issues with it dropping WiFi randomly, had to reboot router, it would stop shairing the interal drive. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Phil Gregg
This thing has been a complete waste of my money. It consistently goes out for no reason. When I registered it I found out it was already out of warranty a year ago. (how? Read morePublished 4 months ago by Celestina K
Hard drive missing on arrival. Works well enough with my own HDD. Beware of Amazon Warehouse deals on this product because its very easy to pop the top off and get a free 2TB HDD... Read morePublished 5 months ago by C. Garrity
Router function is reasonable, but incredibly slow upload to onboard storagePublished 5 months ago by Bob M.
I really wanted this device to work out. If only it lived up to its potential. A built in 1 TB hard drive combined with a fast router. What's not to love? Read morePublished 5 months ago by Thomas
Super pissed . I had to crack open up this thing to realize it did NOT have a HDD inside as advertized. Read morePublished 9 months ago by joshua faucett
the worst router ever... really expensive, is not working properly, it doesn't have any support... I really put my money into the trash. Don't buy it!!! Read morePublished 10 months ago by Victor Mario Reyes Rojas
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.