Published on March 25, 2009 by Mir

2.0 out of 5 stars Try Deep Throat instead, if you don't like SPARKLES
Why do they call this 'orgasm'? Because all you see are sparkles??? ugh.

Published on April 20, 2012 by Mrs. C

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the absolute BEST blushes out there--beautiful colors, blendability, durability, March 25, 2009
Mir (North Miami Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NARS Blush (Health and Beauty)
Some of the colors look scary in the compact because they are so highly pigmented. Exhibit A, for example, is a bright clownish looking orange-red that surely has scared off many a gal. But for those who know how to use a blush brush properly (ie, high quality bristles, good construction, a judicious amount of pressure, good blending), these babies pay off. And I mean pay off not just in beautiful color, but in how long they last, because this quality and pigmentation means you don't need to use a lot. One of these can last you a long, long time, even with daily use.

I have Exhibit A, Torrid, Taos, Crazed, Luster, and Mata Hari, which covers a range of warm and cool tones. Exhibit A is my fave go to red blush. Using just a touch of my duo-fibre MAC brush on it (ie MAC 187 brush), this deposits a beautiful, face-brightening blush to the cheeks. Too much and you look like Bozo, so this does require restraint.

Mata Hari is a lovely, feminine, cool pink-rose tone that I, who have olive skin, can wear and look like I was out walking briskly. Those two are my fave ones from NARS as they are matte. The others have some shimmer and require even more care in application and go well with a shiny gloss on the lips.

Luster is more like a highlighting color for me (it's a goldeny-lustrous color on me). It's pretty much the color of my skin with shimmer, so I can put it on without a color payoff, but it gives a nice glow that I like for days when I look "tired". A perking up thing. Also nice for adding glow when going out at night/to a party. On a lighter person, it's probably a nice warmth on the cheeks, sort of like a subtle bronzer. Could probably highlight eyes, all over, too. It's versatile.

Crazed is a deep raspberry pink with shimmer (ie, a cooler color that has glowiness). Taos is like a somewhat warm deep rosed-up red. It's a color that will definitely suit darker tones, but can be used by fairer women with much restraint. Torrid is a gorgeous deep peachy sort of tone with shimmer. I'm wearing it today with Manhunt by NARS (lipstick) overlaid with Red Devil coral-red gloss by MAC. Torrid is not as deeply-intense as Crazed or Taos, but it's not a shy color either. Will give a nice payoff.

I'm med-dark olive toned (NC44 in MAC) and all those look fine on me. I'm ordering Gilda to add to the peachy colors in my blush collection (which right now includes two MAC peachy tones and one by Physician's Formula). With summer coming in, I'm looking for peachier/warmer tones.

These are expensive-ish, but these are top-notch, and it's no wonder makeup artists and celebrities love NARS blushes. (Note: I don't own the much-touted, much-beloved, nearly legendary Orgasm, though, which is more suited to ligther-than-me gals, but it really is pretty in the pan. I have heard good things about Super Orgasm colorwise, if you don't mind having chunks of glitter fall off your brush.)

UPDATE: I got my Gilda blush and it's lovely. A soft-textured, nicely-pigmented matte peach that will look fabulous with peachy-coral and more orangey glosses for Spring and summer, or even with nude glosses.

2.0 out of 5 stars Try Deep Throat instead, if you don't like SPARKLES, April 20, 2012
This review is from: NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz. (Health and Beauty)
Why do they call this 'orgasm'? Because all you see are sparkles??? ugh.

I am very pale, and have auburn/reddish hair. This color SHOULD in theory look pretty spiffy on me, but I can't get past the fact that it looks like a GLITTERBOMB exploded on my face. What the ..>?!?!?!?!? And easy to overdo? Yes indeed! This blush is very very silky and soft; use a light hand. You can always add more but woe be to anyone who overapplies it. You'll look like a feverish clown!

For us (ahem) older ladies, try the Deep Throat. Pretty much the same color, without the glitty garbage all over every pore on your face!

UPDATE: I have the Orgasm/Laguna duo (reviews and photos and comparisons to other products coming soon) and it has been sitting ever since my horrifying discovery out in daylight, that there were glitter bits on my face from using the Orgasm blush. I have since discovered---your brush makes a LOT of difference. I switched to a very fluffy Real Techniques brush instead of my usual blush brush; it deposited gentle color and the glitter was very iffy. (As in, you couldn't really see obvious glitter but if you were verycloselikethis you could see tiny bits) I have revised my review a little bit. Still giving the advice that it's easy to overapply and, this color is sure not for everyone, but I don't want to shoot it with a silver bullet any more. If your skin has any tendency towards redness at all, I implore you to do a test run with this before you count on it looking good for any important (or public) event! I practically have to get microscopic amounts of this on the brush or it's too much for me, and does nothing positive to enhance my complexion. Pretend it's poisonous if you put on more than three nanospecks of it, that will help :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam Fine, Author of Fine Beauty, Was Right, March 22, 2010
Sam Fine, known as the master makeup artist for women of color, pointed to NARS Taj Mahal blush for any women of color in his blog. I am so glad that I read the blog and followed up on his valuable pointer. The color and properties of this blush are worthy of praise. Because the pigment is rich in color, I underline the importance of a gentle initial application, building color to fit your need. Upon seeing the color, I was concerned it would be too loud. I had never worn a pigment this bright or this orange. Also, I'd never worn a blush where the pigment carried so much color. It was with delight that I realized a far better outcome than had been my experience with Bobbie Brown and MAC cosmetics, two exceptional brands. Beyond the need for a light hand in applying the product, I'd recommend that other products used on the face be neutral, golden, bronze, brown and/or have an orange hue. For example, this burnt orange color blush will not work with pink or berry lipsticks. I found it to work very well with Cargo's Dark or Medium Bronzer, depending on your color. Cargo Bronzer is another Sam Fine pointer. I've been very pleased with brown and vanilla eye shadows and MAC's Chilie lipstick, a burnt orange color. For detailed and foolproof directions on how to apply, I recommend Sam Fine's DVD: FINE, the Basics of Beauty. Additionally, because the blush does not come with an applicator and the color is rich, it is important to have a blush brush to apply and blend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly universally flattering, but a nice blush, December 24, 2007
This review is from: NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz. (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this blush after buying in to the TONS of positive reviews I read online -- that this was a universally flattering shade that just made skin glow.

While it's a nice blush -- it lasted a long time and imparted great color on the brush and skin -- it was just a bit too brownish for me. I have very fair skin (as in hyper porcelain), but this would probably look beautiful on someone whose skin was darker.

Next time I'm able to see the Nars line in person again, I'd love to try a different hue that flattered my skin a little better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Found it kind of dark...., August 29, 2013
This review is from: NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz. (Health and Beauty)
At least for my complexion ....
But if I use a "light " hand applying it ....
It works....not too impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 16, 2013
This review is from: NARS Blush Deep Throat (Misc.)
This color is beautiful! I purchased this color over the popular color Orgasm because it didn't have a ton of sparkle. Deep throat is a pretty build able pink color with a small amount of shimmer. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars NARS Deep Throat, February 8, 2013
Coley (North Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NARS Blush Deep Throat (Misc.)
Although I am a dedicated MAC girl, their blush shades just don't do it for me. I went looking for the legendary Orgasm blush but was put off by all the glitter. Deep Throat is slightly softer and with much less sparkle. It is highly pigmented and requires a soft touch. It is also brighter than the picture on my screen. On me, it looks like my natural flush. This is definitely my HG blush.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best blush I ever found, December 27, 2012
Ladyblue (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz. (Health and Beauty)
I have an "olive" skin tone that usually turns blush an orange shade. This blush stays true to color and blends easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars puuurrrtttyy, July 31, 2011
im dark skin, mw45 in mac terms or cocoa in maybelline, i love it it doesn't make me look clownish and gives my cheeks such a Orange bronze glow. omg loves it

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but nothing great--especially not at that price., February 17, 2011
This review is from: NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz. (Health and Beauty)
PROS: The color is very pretty and (I believe) fairly universal for many skin types. It applies smoothly. That's about it for the pros.

CONS: For this price I was expecting something way different in pay-off. I don't pack my blush on my cheeks, but I like to have some hint of color, but apparently NARS doesn't agree with me. I have to apply multiple times to see ANY evidence that any blush has been applied. I use good brushes and do tap the product out before applying, but that is only to ensure even coverage, and is NOT a problem with my other blushes. The other maaaajor problem with this blush is that it doesn't last. I don't touch my face a lot, but somehow at the end of the day my cheeks always seem to be bare when I wear this.

I won't be buying this again, and I recommend any Lorac blush over this----amazing pay-off and lasting consistency, plus beautiful colors.

NARS Blush, Orgasm 0.16 oz.
$30.00