Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NARS Lip Liner Pencil
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$10.50 - $61.00

on May 10, 2016
Phenomenal lip liner, my new favorite. I purchased the color Fantasia and it went on a bit different than I expected (honestly I wasn't sure what color to expect) but I fell in love with it. The color is nearly coral but on the neutral end of coral if that is possible to imagine. I have very pale skin so perhaps on someone more tan or with darker skin it would not have such pop.
It goes on SO smooth and precise, I sharpen it every time I use it. It lasts for hours even with drinking or eating and I wear a lipgloss on top of it to add shine. A perfect color year round but especially for summer as it looks so nice with a bit of bronzer and peachy blush.
on February 22, 2014
NARS is my favorite brand of cosmetics, and this liner doesn't disappoint. It is a pinkish color, not pale or dark. It still goes well with my coral lipsticks, I just have to blend a bit more. It is PERFECT with their Dolce Vita lipstick. It is small, so you'll need the NARS double barrel sharpener. The great part is that it lasts a long time, and stays put. I use it every day.
on October 2, 2013
I have purchased no fewer than 8 of these liners of the same color over the years. it's my go to liner and goes with ANY pink shade of lipstick or gloss being a bit darker pink that most of the glosses and pinks I wear I get a bit of that look that I like where the liner isnt' the exact shade of the lipstick but totally complimentary. Most versatile lip liner I've ever used. And what a bargain!
on January 10, 2014
I was glad that I finally gave in and bought this lip liner. I had heard plenty about it but I'm not really a lip liner wearer. But I do own 2 different Nars red lipsticks. Since purchasing this liner, my red lipstick doesn't feather anymore and it last forever. Great product and I always stand behind the Nars brand.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 3, 2015
Nars makes nice lip pencils. They are waxy yet creamy and go on smoothly. My favorite color is Rosebud, which Amazon no longer carries. It is a great color and goes with any medium pink or rose lipstick. I also like wearing it alone with just lip balm over it. It doesn't feather and creates a barrier for creamy lipsticks that otherwise would migrate into the fine lines around my lips. The color payoff is excellent and the waxiness means that the pencil wears well, lasting quite a while without a touch up. Apparently this color has been discontinued because I can't find it anywhere. This is really too bad because it is the perfect color for wearing with any rosy or pinkish lip color. I only wish the pencil didn't need sharpening, which wastes product and is a real pain in the neck, especially when out and about. I hate having to stash a sharpener in my makeup bag. That is my only complaint. I guess I'll have to find another Nars lip liner color that will work with my lipstick wardrobe. But I am a big fan of Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils, which I prefer over lipstick. Although I have many Nars lipsticks, and they do wear well and are beautiful colors, I like the matte lip pencils better. They don't feather at all, are easy to apply and last for hours. My favorite shade is Bettina, a light nudish pink that almost exactly matches the color of my lips. I also like Sex Machine, a rosy pink, Never Say Never, a medium plum/purple, and Dolce Vita, a light neutral red. These are backbone of my lip color arsenal and I can never be without them. If I want a little more shine, I simply layer a little lip balm over them, but of course doing it this way decreases the amount of time between touch ups. Although the finish is matte, the formula is not drying at all and doesn't make my lips look chapped in any way. These pencils last longer than any other lip product I've ever tried (and believe me I've tried them all at one time or another, high end and drugstore). Although I do like the Nars lip liners, there isn't a color that's light enough for me. Rosebud is a medium rosy shade and if it's been discontinued, I'll have to search for something else that's appropriate. But I'm satisfied with the matte pencils I have. I'm a lipstick junkie and have to stop SOMEWHERE right? I definitely recommend the Nars lip liner, which is a really great product and worth the extra $$.
on December 14, 2012
I love this lipliner. It works well with most lipstick shades which means I can use it everyday. I've tried it with my neutral shades of lipstick for everyday as well as my bright reds for occassion lipstick. Great all rounder.
on February 1, 2012
The color is a very pretty vibrant red. I had bought it to go with my NARS Red Lizard lipstick. I wasn't too wow by it. My lips looked a bit cracked after I put it on. Maybe some feathering too. I normally don't wear lip liner or red lipstick! so it might just be me not knowing the techniques.
on January 11, 2013
Honestly, this is a bit pricey for lip liner. It doesn't last any longer than any other lip liner I've purchased. After I purchased it, I had buyer's remorse especially finding that it's not any better than some cheaper liners I've purchased. In my opinion, save your money. I certainly will not purchase it again.
on November 9, 2012
Im officially hooked on nars. Loveeeee this liner. Its smooth and vibrant color. You dont need much to have a strong effect. I wear bare minerals for foundation but for blush eyes and lips nars is my go to line for the best quality stuff. Very happy
on June 1, 2012
Beautiful color and works well, but pricey. Good quality. Goes on easily. Shipping was OK. I have reordered several times. Sometimes I use over clear gloss as lip color.