Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoor Deals on bgg

Platform: PlayStation2Change

on March 8, 2009
Ok what the decription of this game says is bogus. If you played Nascar 07, be prepared for a simular game. There is NO own the track mode for the ps2. You start out with the Whelen Series like always. The videos they talk about, NOT in this game. All you get from Gordon are emails. He does not verbally talk to you. I think whoever wrote the decription for this game has it mixed up with the well detailed version for the Xbox 360, cause all that sure isn't in this game. PS2 made a cheap version of Nascar 09 so if you're buying this game for hopes of all the videos and own the track, you're gonna be mislead cause it's not in this game.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2009
Overall an enjoyable game for those who like stock car racing. Lots of things here are wanting. 1) You'll find with experience that the best way to win is to slow down. The AI drivers are set up so that the last place car will beat your lap times consistently. 2) Pit stops are stupidly slow. Average is about 18 seconds in this game. In reality a pit stop is slow at 15 seconds. You won't find yourself leaving the pits in first place, ever. 3) AI drivers will mow you down if you don't give way. Your best bet is to take the lead and avoid getting within a second of any other cars on the track. If they get to you, they will crash you. 4) Adjustable settings for car performance? Bull! With practice you will soon discover that gear ratio changes don't work. Gear set for Talladega allows speeds in the 200s. Same gears on Martinsville top out at 120. So enjoy the game but don't expect it to mirror anything in the real world.
on April 12, 2010
The biggest problem I have with this game, is that there is no default, for any of your car set up. if you get it wrong, to bad. The other, is they made it TO complicated, with no help in how to fix your car, if you get it wrong.
Overall, it's ok. And If you REALLY like to tinker with suspension, shocks, tire pressure, weight transfer, wedge, spring rate, grill tape, down force, and a lot more, then this is your game. If you just want to drive, and have fun, with only a little tinkering. Then stay away.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I got this game for my son, who wanted it for his 12th birthday. He really enjoys the '07 version for PlayStation 2 and thought this updated version would be even better.

Well, from what I can see, it's not. He has already gone back to playing the '07 version. Yes, the graphics are better and the drivers more up-to-date, but his complaint is that the cars can't go as fast as the earlier version. I see from other reviewers that winning is all about strategy, slowing down, pacing, etc. But for a kid, speed rules.

It's a good thing I got him MLB 10 The Show at the same time. I can hardly tear him away from the baseball game. I suspect that at some point, in order to get the best games, we'll have to buy a newer game system (which I've been avoiding), but for now, he's happy.
on August 4, 2014
I suspect this is a program flaw but the one I first had and wanted to replace would just freeze up in the middle of either a race or just changing between screens. Sometimes if I waited, the freeze would end and the game would resume, but only to freeze up again. Other times and most of the time it would freeze up and never resume. Well I went ahead and got me another one of these exact same disks because when it did work, I liked the way it worked. I thought the disk I had was bad, but the new one does the same thing. No other disks have any problems in the Playstation 2....just Nascar 09, the old one, the new one, they just are flawed.
on September 21, 2013
This game keeps the older kids out of your way for hours,they are very nice and not violent. These games have brought a lot of excitement to our whole family,they love playing and it is not anything bad about it. Just nice clean racing. Thanks
Brenda ONeal
on June 27, 2010
The description of the game is a little misleading, but has some improvements over the NASCAR 08 game. Very similar to 08 for the playstation 2.
on January 1, 2013
Bought this for my son who loves nascar he already had the newer disk so I thought I would get him this older version of course he lobes it
on June 25, 2010
I received Nascar 2009 very quickly, even with the holiday upon us. This game is great and I will order through again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
Looks very real and easy to play. Lots of different tracks as well. I'd recommend it for anyone who likes racing or car games.