Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Format: Video GameChange

on November 6, 2012
i was skeptical about buying this due to my disappointment in 2011, but let me tell you, this game is great! eutechnyx definitely showed that they can make a great game. the racing experience is near perfect, there are multiple difficulty settings (and let me tell you, hard is ACTUALLY HARD and their new mode 'champion' feels like youre actually out there on the track, it is tough!) the damage model was completely reworked and greatly improved also. there are just so many little details that make this game a great experience. definitely get this one.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
I was a PC sim racer for about 10 years and just got burned out on GPL, Nascar 2003, Crammond's F1 games, r factor, etc etc and just stopped playing about 5 years ago. Since then I've played a few of the Nascar releases on 360 and also the F1 releases in 2010 and 2011. The F1 game just took too freaking long to get to a race with the ridiculous trailer cut scenes. The Nascar games I played were just not drivable and just did not feel right. Over the last several months I have been following the pre-release of Inside Line and actually got quite excited about it and picked it up over the weekend. Some things are really well done but it needs work:

*The graphics with HDMI 1080 look fantastic. Everyone who walked into the room commented on how great it looked. Really well done folks. Sound not bad, for some reason I am not getting a lot of low end though.
*The load times are some of the best I have ever experienced and great framerates.
*Some of the on track action gave me the same feeling I used to get with GPL and F1 Championship Season, like I was really challenged.
*But OMG, there are some epic fails with the AI. At some tracks they make it almost impossible to race so I just drop back and let things get sorted out. Random stops, crazy lines, weird pit entrances, turbo race starts at a couple of tracks and on and on.
*The setup saves are somewhat confusing, half the time I do not know what setup I am going out in.
*Some bizarre yellow flag bugs or rules that don't really mimic Nascar racing at all. I can't even explain it to you, you had to be there for some of my WTF moments!
*Why can't I reduce the number of racers? Some of the greatest races I have ever had racing off line in other games were 30-40% runs vs. 10-15 drivers at highest skill. This game, at least from my 3 days of playing, makes you play with all 43. Given the AI problems that spells restart after restart after restart.

I don't race online so I can't comment but looks like they have a lot of problems. While I am obviously not real happy with the AI issues overall I really like the game. I think it was a tactical mistake to leave the obvious AI and online issues BOTH not fixed. You end up not making the off line sim and casual crowd happy or the online racers happy. Lose/lose. There is no one on this planet that could spend several hours with this game and not notice the glaring AI problems. But there is enough here to warrant your playing time, not so sure about $60 though until it is patched.
on December 5, 2012
a few glitches but nothing a patch wont fix. I've come to expect games to not be finishes when I preorder.
on July 9, 2013
My copy of Nascar Inside Line arrived on time and well packaged which is important to me when purchasing exspensive games. This game is not perfect but is a HUGE step up from Nascar 2011 with the deeper career mode and well developed versions of the All Star race and even the entire speed weeks event at Daytona. Graphics and sound also are a touch better and a download with the new Gen-6 cars is now available as well.
on November 13, 2013
This game is the WORST Nascar game ever released. On every track...EVERY track; on turns 3 and 4, the game would glitch and pull down over 300 hp or more. I attempted to return this game to find out that it could not be returned because of games being burnt and pirated online. This game SUCKED !! NASCAR needs to stick with contracts with EA Sports.
on October 25, 2014
First let me suggest if you have a steering wheel/ pedal setup or a microsft wireless wheel, you will have better control if and when the 'AI'cars bump you!..also if you apply the 'brake' as you're being can survive without crashing..and continue racing!I gave it 3 stars because it's fun to race period but,..there are some frustrating things also! ..there are too many caution 'flags' during the racing!..the 'AI' cars act strange sometimes ,like when you're just doing practise 'laps' before the race the'AI' cars want to block you from passing, or wreck you! ...This happens with the 'Race' mode 'Easy'...i have tried the 'medium' which is about the same,..however the 'Champion' mode is very hard ..also i race in 'easy' mode and my 1st season i missed the 'CHASE'..however my 2nd season i 'Won'. You just have to keep racing season to season, to get used to how the 'AI' move around you as you race!..and last but not least as you race listen for the engine 'sounds' when you are running a 'good' groove, the rpm's will stay 'steady'..when they 'drop' out, you lose momentum + position! Have fun!..and Good Luck.
on January 3, 2013
Good quality and a good improvement from last year. Paint Booth still freezes. Relive the moment section does not let the cars wreck.
on June 17, 2014
The A.I. on this game is ridiculous. The other cars will wreck at least once a lap and sometimes twice...makes it nearly impossible to complete a race without getting caught up in something you didn't even cause. There are drivers' assists that help, but then it is way too easy.. it's not very fun when you are an entire straightaway ahead of the field. I honestly have no idea what to do with this game.. It is nearly unplayable. It is criminal that Activision is knowingly making money by selling a game this flawed.
on October 29, 2013
This game got pretty old really quick. I remember the first Nascar games and they seemed to be a lot better. I guess if you are in to doing the whole car setup and career mode it is ok, but I found it too overdone and boring to keep playing it.
on January 16, 2013
NTGIL is a alright game, notice the lack of enthusiasm, when I bought it I had high hopes, they were quickly dashed. The developers promised a patch that would fix a majority of the problems ( it took THREE patches to make the last game tolerable ), and here I sit with my copy of the game and my wheel gathering dust better than two months later. The most disturbing thing to me is that this game was released with the huge amount of bugs that it has, what ever happened to testing and QA?? ANYWAY....all that said, this game has tremendous promise, there IS a good game aching to get out and used....IF and WHEN they get a patch out and IF it does anywhere near what they say it will....then the game deserves more than three stars.

EDIT....March 5, 2013.....STILL NO PATCH !!

Score changed to 1 star, the developer is inept.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse