5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average yearly update....
Published on October 5, 2010 by E.S.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but oh so frustrating!
Published on July 20, 2011 by D. Forschler

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average yearly update...., October 5, 2010
E.S. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
You may consider this a premature review, but I thought I would share my initial feelings about the game anyways. It really doesn't matter the company, whether 2K or EA, but whenever the yearly edition of your favorite sports game is released, it's painfully obvious that the transition between one year to the next is subtle at best. Thankfully 2K doesn't simply add a new feature and highlight it as EA does year in and out with their games. For NBA 2K11, 2K knew it could not let down the legions of Jordan fanboys and fanatics worldwide by pushing out an inferior product and let me tell you, 2K11 has NOT disappointed me thus far. I received this game approximately 4 hours ago, THANK YOU UPS GUY, and after 4 hours of non-stop play, I am VERY satisfied. I'll attempt to break down what I've seen.

Pros:
1) Michael FREAKING Jordan. His presence is already the showstopper part of the game, but 2K does not simply include him in a "Legendary" team and call it quits. No, Sir. As you've already read, they include him on 10 of his legendary Bulls teams whether to relive his classic moments or to use them against current teams. Another cool feature is the ability to unlock all his Jordan brand shoes where upon wearing them, your player will gain specific stat boosts.

2) Inclusion of other legendary teams. They didn't have to, but they so kindly did.

3) Improved AI. Every year 2K and EA claim they have more life-like AI, this year is different. Basically once you pop the game in the disk you're already playing as a Jordan-led team and the difficulty was on Pro. I noticed immediately that the same passes to cutters will not fly. I played 2K10 on Hall of Fame and those passes were money. Well, not anymore. It takes a lot more know-how and timing to get things right and I couldn't be happier.

4) Buttons and moves. By this I mean 2K tweaked the buttons slightly and it's made things easier in my estimation. Circle no longer sets your picks (rather it is the "fake pass" button), as it's now L1. Pushing L1 calls your screener to get into position and releasing it tells him to roll. Rather than allowing the AI to determine when they should roll allows the player to better gauge what the best play will be. You can call a quick screen so that he simply slows the guy guarding you down and allow you to blow by for a layup or dunk, or you can set an adequate pick-and-roll (that would make Stockton and Malone happy) by allowing your screener to have a head full of steam before getting the ball. Performing moves is a lot easier for me this time around, it's hard to get into detail so you'll have to see for yourself. I say moves are a positive this time around because of the newly added animations allow for more variation when trying to break your defender down.

5) Clear difference between Stars and nobodies. When you're using a superior player and an inferior player guards you, performing moves will easily allow you to "brush your shoulder" of the guy. For instance, if you're using Derrick Rose and Robin Lopez switches to guard you, he's basically screwed. Higher ball skill ratings vs. lower speed means when you do a move against him, he'll be left in the dust. Also, star players definitely shine in this game. If you're using MJ or Kobe, being guarded perfectly doesn't mean your shot will clank. Everybody knows these two make/made impossible shots, as ridiculous as it looks/seems, they did it for real and you can do it in the game. Using Kobe in 2K10 was semi-frustrating because it would've been nice if I could've made some of those difficult shots that he makes in reality, now I can see them drop more often that not. Just my preference that I'd like to see some contested shots go down since some guys can pull it off. Again, you need to see for yourself how clear the difference is now.

6) Improved layout & presentation. You could do without this, but it does look nicer. Presentation looks especially cool, what you'd expect if you were watching a game on ESPN or any other live TV station. Massive improvement here that wasn't necessary but is absolutely a pleasure to have.

7) My Player. A lot of the things here will seem familiar to you, but 2K did add nice features here and there and allow for a more variation when developing your player. The combinations of shots, moves, etc. are endless. This feature was already solid in 2K10, but 2K added some nice little features here and there.

8) Graphics. I think the graphics this year around are fairly crisp and to anybody griping about looks, have you ever considered that maybe companies have already maxed out on how great these games can look? 1080p is basically the standard and if it doesn't look as good as you think it should be, try getting an LED tv and then get back to me.

Cons:
1) Same announcers, but they did add some new one liners. Either way, playing two games successively means you hear them rant about the same things. I don't think any game developer is willing to pay two new guys to announce their games every year.

2) I have not encountered any bugs thus far, but I suppose with more playing I'll see something? (SEE UPDATE)

Conclusion:
I think when word got out how amazing 2K11 was, EA finally accepted what they already knew. They were pushing out an inferior product year after year. It's never been more obvious this year as EA delayed their interpretation of basketball by 5 (FIVE!) months. If anybody even tried their demo, I don't blame them. Frankly, I'd get this game just for the Jordan factor... but I thank 2K Sports for merely letting his presence be an attention grabber while letting their actual game do the talking. Whether you're a 2K or Live/Elite fanboy, you really owe it to yourself to get this game. 2K didn't have to add a lot of the stuff that they did, but they did so anyways because they really wanted to prove to people that they've mastering their craft with dedication and thought. I hope that anybody who reads this review got something out of it because ever since popping the game in, I really felt the need for everyone else out there to see what I saw. If you have any questions or think I'm talking out of my ass, please let me know! And in the future, don't let EA sell you on their Great Balls of Fire (NBA JAM) to buy their games! Quality will always win out against HYPE!

UPDATE 9/10/10
The more and more I play this game, the more I am impressed. The emphasis this year around was actually SIMULATION of basketball. This is why so many casual gamers are upset, because they can't simply pick up the controller and score 50 with any star player as they'd hope. As good as those players are in real life, it's still insanely hard to pull it off on any given night, as it is in the game as well.
Year in and year out, the AI is ALWAYS a big issue. Game reviewers and connoisseurs, like myself and I'm sure many of you, always complain about the simpleton computer. Hall of Fame is NEVER a challenge....... until NOW. I read a review somewhere else on Amazon, complaining about how hard it was to score and how 2K made the game worse. These complaints are RIDICULOUS because the guy clearly didn't know what this game's about.

However, I've seen a few things that annoyed me.
1) Throwing hail mary passes don't work when you're doing them, but the computer can underhand a hail mary pass directly the guy down court.
2) Where are the Kobe shoes?
3) The new dunk contest. I preferred last year's version, though I'm glad that Sprite guy who announces it is gone.

These little things bug me, but the game is otherwise flawless. Game play is authentic and the animations are amazing.
My advice to anybody in the market for a basketball game is that, know what you're purchasing before you buy it. If you want some fantasy game where you can do whatever the hell you like and score a million points, you can purchase a copy of Live 2001-forseeable future or even a pre NBA 2K-11 2K game. This is the finest sports SIMULATION game ever and with that said, you cannot seriously expect to have things be handed to you when playing this. NBA 2K11 is meant for basketball purists who want the most authentic experience playing their favorite sport in virtual reality. Performing moves, running plays, making shots, etc. everything requires attention to detail and an ability to survey the situation at hand... as your favorite baller would in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars NBA2k11 Scores a Slam Dunk! Move Support, a Critical Miss..., October 5, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
For ages basketball games have been hampered by the clunkiness of their execution, poor AI opponents, and being far from an homage to the fans. NBA2k11 is the complete antithesis of all the above flaws. Is it THE perfect basketball game? No. But it comes quite close! Below you will find my thoughts on what was done awesomely as well as what was done poorly.

WHAT WAS DONE RIGHT...

Beautiful B-ballers:
Though graphics do not necessarily make the game, NBA2k11 paints true to life avatars of some epic b-baller greats. Bone structure, muscle tone, facial expressions...you name it! Each is done with lots of care and precision. Thankfully this attention to detail also translates well when it comes to the player animations too. One teensy flaw in this category though is the animations for coaches and fans are much less impressive. Where Kobe's court prowess comes off as smooth and silky, the Laker's coach comes off as robotic and rigid. There's also the occasional muddiness or lack of aliasing woes in the PS3 version. Regardless of the hiccups, the presentation is still a satisfying experience for whichever console you play on.

Arena Atmosphere and Sounds:
Everything about the arenas in this game make it feel as if you are in the midst of a fever pitched basketball game. The crowd is far from a mass of 2 or 3 clones but rather very unique looking at all angles. The cheer tracks do not sound canned and the excitement in the revelry rises when you score some sweet slam dunks or buzzer beater shots. Your teammates and coaches will even get in on the action and give you approving fist pumps. Besides the big picture stuff, even the little details will make you smile. For example, you'll catch glimpses of the court janitor leaning on his mop as you prepare yourself for a free throw. It's the tiny but thoughtful stuff like this that really adds realism to the game to me.

Great and Fluid Control:
Dribbling feels as natural as it would in real life. Nudging the controller in a rhythmic left to right or quickly backpedaling it feels flawless. Initiating plays through the D-pad is a pretty easy procedure too and won't halt the gameplay a second. Shooting is one stumbling block for beginners but once you get your timing and placing down it couldn't be easier. Things may be tough to grasp at first but once you learn to do effective passing rhythms and not to spam square to steal, you'll really start to enjoy how the mechanics of this game work.

My Player...Create a Pro the Real Way:
My Player is really one of the most satisfying career components I have ever played in a sports game. Not only do you get to personalize an athlete but you really get to create a legitimate reputation for him based on his actions later down the line. While some criticize My Player as feeling too dragged and long, I feel that the length of time to really see your Pro bloom is just right. It honestly is more fun to build up a player from nothing and use your skills to nudge him up to bigger and better things. If I wanted a Pro right from the get-go, I'd have just fired up a game with the Bulls and MJ!

WHAT WAS DONE WRONG...

Tedious and Buried Menus:
Though I understand how feature rich this game is, digging around the menus to find a certain feature is no fun. At first I wasn't even sure if the menus existed until I inadvertently pressed the analog stick. I'd much rather prefer that the popular game modes to be right at the front and the smaller features stored in other menus. The good thing is though, if you do not wish to go into Association play or the MJ challenges just yet, there's the ever easy Quick Game option right on the first screen.

The Move Doesn't Move Me:
I am quite underwhelmed with how the Move was executed in NBA2k11. The controls are responsive enough but I dislike all the different button configurations you need to remember while doing gestures (if I wanted more buttons I'd stick with the Dualshock). Plus what happens on the screen does not mimic your movements but rather executes a pre-programmed animation. One of the biggest thorns is the fact that the navigational controller is NOT recognized by the game. This means you are stuck with uncomfortably holding the Dualshock controller in your other hand. Hopefully 2k will patch the navigational controller in at a later time but at the moment it looks quite unlikely. Ironically the one thing the Move does incredibly well in NBA2k11 is shooting. I timed my freethrows way easier by lifting my move controller in a throwing motion than I did with the analog stick.

All in all, NBA2k11 is the sports game to beat this year, perhaps even for the next five years. It is a classic in the making and the future of sports gaming all in one. Hopefully competitors can take note of 2k's efforts and up the ante for their future sports offerings to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best Basketball Game Ever, October 5, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I am currently playing the game and have only taken a break from it for dinner today. One thing that I noticed is that the player movement is much more fluid compared to 2k10. Jumpers, especially, look really good (compare Kobe from 2k10 to this version and there is a glaring difference). Iso-motion controls are better this time, especially for the different shot types. The post-moves have definitely improved in this game as well. Another thing I liked is that defenders get posterized more often now by superstars. Before, a defender could be late to react to a dunk, and the AI would just hack you in mid-air (pretty unrealistic). That used to be really annoying, and I'm glad they fixed that. Oh, and for you Lebron fans, don't worry...he doesn't look like a gremlin anymore.

I'm sure some of you have seen the horrendous nba elite 11 demo video on youtube...if not, here it is: [...]

Now, if you thought Bynum was Jesus in nba elite 11, just wait until you see Jordan in nba 2k11. I mean seriously...the guy is an absolute monster in this game. He's basically unstoppable from anywhere on the court (except for the mid-80s and the 98 Jordan who aren't great from deep). Other than those two versions, you can put the game on any difficulty you want, and it still seems like Jordan can score at will, regardless of the defense. Personally, I think it's a bit unrealistic that Jordan has a higher rating from 3pt land than Kobe, but I guess their career averages aren't too far apart. Also, he has a 99 steal rating. I know Jordan got the DPOY and averaged high steal numbers throughout his career, but 99? really? Also, MJ will often posterize 2-3 defenders in a single dunk (sometimes while clearly looking down on the rim), and he does the ft-line dunk occasionally in actual games (unlike in real life where he only did that in the dunk contests). The Jordan challenge, however, is definitely a lot of fun, and it is somewhat challenging to finish with assists/rebounds and huge scoring nights. I haven't tried the Creating a Legend mode yet, but I'm sure that wont disappoint either.

One annoying part is that they've made the Heat lineup a little unrealistic. I sincerely doubt that Wade is going to play PG with Mike Miller at SG. Most likely, we will see Miller coming off the bench for Lebron during the regular season with Wade at SG, but I'm sure you can fix this in the roster settings. Another annoyance is the spin dunks. They're very slow in terms of game speed, but they're usually successful, which doesn't really make sense. You'd think the defenders would do much better against this with all the time it takes the offensive player to do a spin move near the basket.

Other than these minor annoyances, nba 2k11 is by far the best basketball game I've ever played (and I've played a lot), and, like IGN mentions, it may be the best sports game ever made. Graphics, gameplay, and the addition of Jordan make this release a must buy. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head and shoulders above the rest, October 6, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
NBA 2K11 is the best basketball game on the market, and the best I've ever played.

I was up until 2am last night playing the Jordan Challenges. Scoring 69 points with Jordan while shooting 50%+ AND dishing 6 assists with 8 minute quarters? Brutal!

Fortunately the game is so much fun that I didn't mind having to try about 4 times till I did it.

This game is going to consume a LOT of my time. I look forward to getting very little sleep in the near future.

I now see why EA Sports basically admitted defeat and went back to the drawing board with Elite.

5.0 out of 5 stars first impressions are very good. vastly improved over 2k10, October 6, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
NBA2k11 features Michael Jordan, and as I grew up with video games ever since the NES days, I can tell you that there were many basketball games that he didn't allow himself to be in. This game is like a makeup for all those lost years when they had some guy on the bulls, with no profile picture, and some generic name, but usually had mad skills! But even if you hate Jordan (i.e. Jazz fans), NBA2K11 is better than last years game, which had terrible team defense, with a hard to master shooting stick.

The gameplay is much smoother. On defense, you aren't so inclined to crouch down in some crab defensive posture, when instead you are trying to prevent a fast break. You back peddal at such a brisk pace that you are allowed to make some little mistakes on defense without basically giving the keys to the paint to quicker guards now. It seems as though the defense is still filled with some glitches though. It is very hard to pass to who you want everytime. I average way too many turnovers because of this, and the commentators are never slow in pointing that out either. And the defenders have great hands, and are always looking to deflect your passes, no matter how skilled of a passer you may have. Put the two problems together and you have moments when you get really mad, and offense can turn to defense really quick. You better learn how to defend the fast break unless you have found a way with the your playstation move controller that my PS3 dual shock control can't do, because you are going to give up the rock tryin to feed the post. Even on simple pick and rolls, on seemingly money plays, at the last moment the defending center can at the last moment raise his arm (with the back of his head faced to you!) and make the deflection!

Some of the amazing things that I have never seen in a basketball game are dynamic stadiums. Some games are not very filled with fans, while Laker games are really energetic! Nitpicking here, the Staples center usually lowers the lighting on the audience, and sometimes I felt that they had too much lighting on the crowd, and also, they had the crowd all in their seats at the beginning of the game. If you have been a Laker fan for long, you will know that Laker fans are awesome, but they are usually late to the game LOL! But this is a fantastic element to the game that I am amazed with!

Although I feel the graphics altogether to be better than last years, it does seem as though some of the players don't look like who they are supposed to be. I felt that Derek Fisher's game persona, looked really bad! And Kobe still looks like an alien, like last years. But I really enjoyed some of the reactions of the players. There are some really spot on behaviors done by alot of players.

As time goes by and I play more of this game, I hope to add more to my review. So far, I absolutely love playing classic Michael Jordan games, and seeing a better game dynamic than ever before. I have much to learn about this years game, even though I have played last years version alot, it is much different. I love this game, and it is the best basketball game ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's in the game...it's in there plus some., October 6, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
No wonder NBA Elite was pushed back (or canceled whoever you want to believe). NBA2K11 has set a standard that the EA Sports division as a whole needs to take note of. But then the 2K sports series always seems to have been doing this for awhile now and the only thing that is saving EA Sports right now is its lock on the NCAA and NFL licenses.

From the moment the game starts, you know you are in for a treat as the `new gimmick' of Jordan's addition is clearly apparent. But for those of us that have been gaming for awhile aren't looking at this as a gimmick. I know for myself, the opening game from the 1991 Finals brought back memories of the first of the EA Sports games for the Genesis Bulls vs Lakers but now it's come back full circle. High res graphics, player models and and great commentary (even a YOUNG Phil Jackson!) makes me almost cry! Remembering that all those years ago, the closest we got to playing this game were sprites and numbers makes this game a dream come true!

So, let me stop waxing nostalgic and talk about everything else. While the opening game is great, for those that could care less about this are going to be frustrated that they can't immediately go through to the menu. To me, that is one minor negative but once you do get through that one thing that I did like was that 2K cleaned up the mess of an interface from last year and made the menus this year a lot easier to navigate through. As always, customize as you see fit.

Some may complain that this game is another roster update but I know for myself, I played 2K6 and 2K7, skipped 8 and 9 but I got last year's game and was amazed with the Living NBA feature which has made it back and the NBA Today feature. One thing that I have always loved about this series that EA Sports needs to take notes on, is that the 2K Sports series doesn't always try to throw a gimmick every year with a `new controller feature' or something so totally lame that it breaks the game instead of enhancing it (YES EA GAMEFLOW IS BULLHOEY!!). To its core, NBA2K11 is essentially the same game that you have played for years following the philosophy of `if it ain't broke don't fix it" but the beauty of this is 2K spent more time tinkering with improving the AI and player animations and it shows. The control scheme is essentially the same but the ball animations and player reactions to the controls have improved much since last year. Playing around with NBA 2K11 shows that given time, it almost becomes a living breathing thing that, if you didn't know any better, you were watching an actual game rather than a video game.

Now as much as I like Jordan, one small distraction is that the game is littered with almost any and everything Jordan throughout the game but considering what it takes to get him to endorse anything and because of those endorsements, products will sell, I can let it slide.

One thing that is fun however are the Jordan challenges and if that is this year's `gimmick' which came along with getting Jordan to endorse this game, it's a great one and I spent a lot of time trying to play through these challenges so I can unlock Jordan. I haven't done it yet but I have unlocked a few of the sneakers!

I won't repeat too much of what the previous reviewers have said but getting back to the presentation as always it's slick even in between quarters, watching a pseudo commercial about upcoming matches tends to be fun, the ˝ time show is a bit more improved this time around as I liked how the commentating crew talks about other games being played in the league now I am wondering if I started playing the Association, if there will also be game highlights. The commentary and crowd reaction is as kinetic as ever and people always tend to get on the commentators repeating things but I mean come on, we know it's going to happen, but the commentating on here is better than what you get in some EA games. It's still cool to hear them talk about your player's performance from a few nights ago and instead of making up some imaginary number, that stat was indeed true.

As far as other extras, I tinkered around with the black court games and with that came some of the usual suspects of 21, 3pt Shootout and more. Definitely always worth looking at when you aren't in the mood for a full out 5 on 5 confrontation.

But there is one negative and that is the Move controller. I think any game that gets Move support needs to have a calibration/tutorial session built in before they just toss you to the wolves. It took me about 15 minutes to properly set my Move stick and I wasn't all that crazy about trying to play this with my dualshock. I also have the new Nav stick and could not figure out how to get it to work with the Move controller so if anyone has pointers on getting it to work, please let me know but the Move right now as it is, feels more like an afterthought than well thought out.

Otherwise, if you are a basketball fan or sat out of the 2K phase, then this is the time to get it. As I said, EA needs to take notes and it's no surprise that their franchise has been put on hold. 2K takes your expectations and surpasses them by making a sports game that easy to get into and hard to put down once you start to play. If you are a Jordan fan and want to relive some of his past glory, then this is as close as you are going to get short of a holodeck and once you unlock him you get to use him against today's youth so forget trying to recreate him in Create a Player, YOU HAVE HIM.

5.0 out of 5 stars best basketball sim ever!, October 6, 2010
Bryon Chang (San Gabriel, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
i gave this game 5 stars because the gameplay is improved, whether it is the smarter AI, the new animations included or the new moves that you can do. The game would've been amazing already without all of the Jordan material which 2K could've made an EXPENSIVE add-on but didn't. I'm sure if they charged $30 for a MJ DLC, nobody would think twice to get it because it's worth it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gameplay, but some bugs, October 20, 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I'm at work right now so I'm not going to go into much detail, but here it is:

Read the other reviews for gameplay - it really is great. MJ is fun to use, stars are significantly better but still realistic, etc.

However, there are a few bugs I've encountered that have really annoyed me. There is no way to get out of a fantasy draft after starting it - you have to sim all the way through. At least, I haven't found a way... and I'm a computer programmer.

Also, the Association mode interface is inefficient and takes too long to load at times. The simulating is inconsistent in how you sim up to the game you want. For instance, "Sim through Day" (or whatever) will sim up to and including the game you choose if you do multiple days. However, if you are on the day of the game and click "Sim through day" it takes you to that day's game.

Another annoying bug is the end of the year awards - there is NEVER a "Most Improved Player" award winner. It's literally just blank. Overall, the in-depth game modes are a little buggy from what I've experienced. The one complaint I have about in-game is that the "player of the game" or whatever highlights sometimes fritz out on the color and they highlight meaningless things at times.

Thanks for reading, buy the game anyways - some of these bugs can probably be fixed, and to be honest, it hasn't really curbed my love for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Legend, August 9, 2011
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
If your going to feature a legend, you have to step things up. In this 2K delivers.
With updated graphics and much smoother game play you almost feel like your watching an actual game on T.V.
The actual game play itself is much better this time around. The controls feel right and the game flow is all around improved.

If you throw in the ability to play Michael Jordan, one of the greatest players of all time, it makes this game a must have. Especially if (like me) your an old school bulls fan. There is nothing better than launching Jordan from the freethrow for a monster dunk all over baby Kobe.
Good Times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but oh so frustrating!, July 20, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Very rarely do I write a review on any product I purchase, but given the overall consensus with this product I felt obligated to take a shot. I have been an NBA fan since the early 90s during a period when Michael Jordan was still spinning the highlight reels in real life. I've been playing basketball videogames for even longer. You can imagine my excitement at the prospect of playing basketball on the PS3.

I was tired with NBA 2k10. I had beaten it in every way possible with the exception of playing on hall of fame mode. I'm a middle ground kind of guy and find higher difficulties kind of irritating. I like my sports games realistic, but manageable. I would rather games be close than bludgeonings. But, I still really prefer to win. I was therefore, very excited to hear really good reviews for 2K11. People were hailing it as the best NBA game of all time.

From the get-go the game seemed incredibly more challenging than its predecessor. It had been months since I had played that game, and the learning curve seemed pretty crazy in the beginning. After a few games featuring 20+ turnovers I finally started to come around to the reality that the jedi-like computer opponents were going to play the passing lanes ferociously. It didn't take me too long to change my strategy.

I began really destroying teams on Pro Mode. I'm talking margins in the neighborhood of 30-40 points. I decided it was time for a change. Over the last 4-5 months I have been playing on All Star difficulty and in that time I still haven't mastered it. There are several people on here that view this as a good thing... but in my opinion its terrible. I don't understand how I can go from winning games by 30-40 points to losing by 30-40 points! It's ridiculous. I also don't understand how people can go on and on about the games improved AI when all that basically changes is your shooting percentage, rebounding frequency, defensive intensity, and turnovers. Your opponents will also see a significant change in all of these categories, and its for the better.

On Pro Mode I was a basketball God. I wanted All Star Mode to be just a little more difficult in order to kind of even the odds. What I've gotten is a game that seems to cheat. I play against teams who hold me to 30 % shooting while they shoot 75 %. When I attempt to intensify my defense my players foul more often than block or steal. Sure... one could make an argument that realistically if an NBA team plays hard defence there will be hard fouls, but it's not fair the way the game does it. Wide open shots will not go down if your team is being defeated by 7, but soon after when you're down by 20 it will give you one. Of course... then the opponent will belt up a 3 with Pau Gasol just to rub their it in your face. Sure, I win every now and then by 15 or 20, but not too long after that game another team will have a 60 % shooting night and wipe me out.

I have never had a more frustrating basketball game in my life. I will be returning this game tomorrow. I'm giving up on it. I could go back to pro mode and win every game by 50, but I'm tired of looking at it. I gave the game 3 stars primarily because it is pretty to look at. I have had fun playing some games... but the frustration that unfair AI presents is not worth it to me.

NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3
NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3 by 2K Sports (PlayStation 3)
$39.99 $11.40