Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

on October 3, 2012
Okay i rarely write reviews but i have some time at work to do so. Excuse my grammar ... i spend most my time typing on FB instead of term papers ;-).

The game is simply awesome. It seems like they finally got it right with the physics for this one. With 2k11 (lets skip 2k12 because that was clearly satans spawn) the game play was good once you figured out the controls, but they were missing the actual physic to basketball ... accurate first steps, bumps, defensive recovers, chase downs, spacing, etc. This 2k13 has simply put the NBA Players mind in the full frontal this year. I was surprised how fast and intelligent game play was this year. Please be advised if you dont have any concept of basketball IQ this game will not be fun at all. It seems 2k was holding back with their AI for the past couple of years because they flawlessly implimented most aspects of real NBA basketball. In MyCareer mode you get actual points for spacing or better known as "Good Movement" which is just as important as an assist. Back to game play though

Game play is freaking sweet. You cant just string together a bunch of dribble moves like And 1 "Hot Sauce" and expect to get past a player. You actually have to execute with 5 dribbles or less. D Wade isnt going to cross you up to the right and left then spin around to get to the rim, he is realistically going to blow right by you with a hesitation and examine ur distance from him ... then prowl towards you before doing a crossover and getting around you with a first step and if he cant, he will pass the ball, move with out the ball around a screen and get to the rim on a cut. Respect his Game!

Lebron is simply a beast, you cant guard him nor see him on the court he is beyond intelligent with and without the ball. Allevhe needs is one dribble to make an assist lay up or jumpshot and please dont attempt to post him up.

The physics are incredible, you can actually hang around your man who is sitting a pick, walk past him slow if you choose to in which forcing your man run into him.

Game play is very fast and mistakes arent excused, if your in the wrong spot on the floor and the opposing team gets a rebound or makes a basket during MyCareer Mode, you will be benched like your last name was Lin. The avg time on each side of the court is around 4 - 9secs unless there is a play being ran.

Graphics are awesome, contact is realistic ... you cant run down the middle and just dunk on everyone unless you have a super all star player who can just part the lane like Moses parting the red sea. You will more likely going in for a lay up. You must be set to make you jumpers ... can dribble than toss it up unbalanced, yes ... they have unbalanced jumpers this year!

I love the game, its not as fustrating as the previous games of last year where you know the computer cheated you out of a win, it soley is based of the "decesions" you make on the court, and you have to be quick making the right choices cus each possesion only last a few seconds.
33 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2014
Pleasantly surprised, this game came brand new in original packaging as a bundle. Has both NBA and MLB 2K13 in same case. It was not stated that way but its a nice bonus. Not sure if they are all coming that way or if we got some limited edition or something. Again factory sealed, brand new, discs play flawlessly.
on October 2, 2012
Finally this day has come, my most anticipated game EVER! Why you ask ? Well I'm a huge bball fan I play the heck out of these games, and the improvements they made this year I just knew from the videos and information I've watched or read it was going to be the best 2K yet.

The game opens up with a edit page for My Player. What is this, where's my intro ? It takes about 10 minutes to complete your My Player creation, then the intro starts...Jay Z's music kicks in with NBA highlight videos & Jay Z screenshots of him performing on stage; a perfect marriage hip hop & the NBA. Could Jay be the next Madden? Once the video ends the main page is shown, your hub; your newly created My Player dancing to the Jay Z song in some chill outfit, haha! The default OKC vs. Heat matchup, and My Career. I selected the game and changed the teams to PHX (CPU) vs. NOR. I heard PHX is surprisingly tough and my online association league I am using NOR so I was geeked to try them out.

I immediately switched to the the 2K cam that I couldn't use in the demo (drove me nuts in the demo, broadcast cam ? Ahhh!) and had a blast, the gameplay was smooth, much more so than the demo. I didn't expect the final game to be so different from the demo, but it thankfully was. The demo seemed to plod along and to me it seemed like maybe the new dribble stick which is great, would hurt the flow of the game as a result, but that wasn't the case the game flows beautifully !

I played on Pro, now Pro isn't a cake walk in past versions. Playing against the CPU is always a challenge, even on rookie, but it seemed easier to me, which means maybe I can play against the impossible to beat CPU this season. I never am able to play a 2K season because it's not fun losing on pro or all pro when I consider myself an above average player, they don't miss even with good D. I win 75% of my games vs. random online opponents (quick match)and next to none vs. CPU, it just was frustrating.It seems like Pro is really Pro this time around.

Well that's all I got so far gents, it was a blast game that I played, 59-54 NOR, it was 2AM, time for bed. There's a ton to do in this game and I just scratched the surface, but the Jay Z soundtrack and the gameplay is beautiful and perfect, I know the rest of the features are going to be whipped cream with a cherry on top. Buy the game with confidence bball fans this game was made for you. BTW in case you are unaware, NBA Live 13 has been cancelled as of last week, that's a fact not an opinion.

Lastly, if you want to test your skill please add me MoultonHawk, PSN.

Updated 10/3...There are new rosters coming out this weekend, so if you are going to start an Association, Create A Legend,or My Player, you should probably wait to start so the rosters are more attractive. For example my SG on Boston is Avery Bradley, he's a PG, and the Lakers still have Barnes (now a Clipper), etc. My Player hasn't been that fun for me in years past because you start so weak and you get no playing time, but I am going to put the time into it this year. I gave CAL (Create A Legend)a go which seems like My Player in concept but with already created real life players. I selected Rondo, and when I earned enough VC (your in game currency, pretty much anything you do that isn't practice earns you VC) I gave Rondo Ray Allen's shot; now this is fun! I played some more online games and I really like the Hornets this year. I'll usually run with a lesser team. SAC,MEM,DET are the teams I've used primarly in the past,it might be NOR this year. All my games were close except when I used Philly and blew out BOS.

Updated 10/5...OK there is this addicting new mode in this game that I have yet to tell you about. It's called MyTeam. It's similar to Ultimate Team in Madden. You can make it faster by buying credits and paying for superstars, but that's not me I earn my keep. Total blast, totally addicted. So you get delt this team and they pretty much suck and you then can sell them and buy lower end players to start but maybe a player you like; e.g. I started with Willie Green. I sold him for Wesley Johnson, huge upgrade but very close in VC (your in game currency value). You can also buy home and away uniforms and attributes with your VC, playbooks, attributes, super icons like defensive stopper, ballhawk etc. You have to play on a court so you can buy different courts and jerseys, etc. You also can spend your VC on these surprise boxes of 5 items. Then once you get your team together you can take them online vs. another created team and battle. They aren't going to quit cuz you get VC for losing. I've heard some idiots are paying for DLC instead of earning it and slaughtering people online with superstars I have yet to find those jerks thank goodness. I only had one bad experience the guy only shot under the basket so frustrating. They said they spent the most time on this feature this year, and partly because it is completely new, that would make sense. This years 2K game is FULL of game modes, more than worth your hard earned dollars as long as you are a big bball fan.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2016
I don't know what 2K be thinking when the release 2k like when you create your character and when you get your rating it always starts me at 68 which is an ass rating to draft any player into the NBA and you have rank up which takes about 7 year before you see your character improvement any results while play why I switched to live where in rising star that start me off at reasonable rating at 77 which is better then 68
on August 22, 2014
I almost never write reviews, but after owning the NBA 2k14.....I HAVE TO write one for this game.

This is one of the best basketball game that I've ever played. This edition was smooth and fun. If you were debating between 2k13 or 2k14...save yourself from the trouble and pick up 2k13.
on March 13, 2013
After playing this for the past few months, I must say that I enjoy the latest installment of the 2K series. My favorite mode is Career mode, formerly called My Player mode. They still have my player but its not a mode, it is actually your player, which you can edit or buy things for it. Skills points are now called VC points and I can understand the hate for them. The points they give you are peanuts compared to 2K12. Besides reaching milestones the only other way to get plenty of VC points are to buy them, which is ridiculous. I cant believe you have to buy accessories like clothes and other things with the VC points. Seriously, there is no reason we should have to buy headbands, hats, sleeves, arm pads, shirts, or tank tops. These things were free on 2K12, also on career mode they added Social Media, which is actually Twitter but its not called that. It is the same thing though, you get to choose an @ name, and you basically receive feedback from players, fans and analysis. Everyone critiques your game. Its a nice addition to the game. Create A Legend is exactly like Career Mode, the only difference is you can pick anyone from the current rosters or pick anyone from the classic teams that are featured on the game. Once again you have to earn VC points to upgrade your attributes. As far as My Team goes, you have to pick the players they offer. Don't expect any All-Stars to be offered though, they are basically bench players and little known players so you have to work your way up. If you want the bigger players you have to buy get them with VC points, see a trend here? Everything is mostly about VC points. I suggest playing some exhibition games in My team mode to build up your points.

Besides that the Playoffs, Season, and Association modes are pretty much the same as 2K12 so I have no issues there, I still enjoy these modes. Game play is smooth and I had no glitches at all so far, not to mention that the graphics are great. The controls are a little complicated, well as far as combination moves go. You have to press all these buttons just to pull off a great move. Once you get the controls down pack, everything should be good. Now about the soundtrack, it was a bad idea to put played out songs like "Run This Town", On to The Next One", and even Jays 2003 Pump It Up freestyle. I appreciate the classics, but none of the songs besides "Mercy" even came out within the last year. Most of the came out in 2008/2009. Other mostly came out in the 90s and early 2000s like Mobb Deep (95), U2 (2001), Nas (1994), Daft Punk (97), etc.. the thing that was so special about previous 2K games was that the soundtracks had mainstream and underground songs that people weren't that familiar with so we got to discover new music. Newer songs would of made the game feel even more fresh. Oh yeah the editing of the songs were horrible, why not just put the official edited version of the songs instead of blanking out the curse words? Missteps aside, 2K13 is a very good addition to the series but please get rid of those VC points and bring the skills points back next time around. 4.5 Stars
on March 25, 2013
If you're looking for a basketball game, you really don't have many options. Luckily the 2k franchise has been doing NBA sim genre right for many years. There's not many games that you know will be solid from year to year, but this game always delivers.

There's enough changes from last year to warrant the upgrade. They switched the mechanics of the dribbling to the right stick - it takes some getting used to to really do the moves you want to do, but it gives so much control over the ball handling. Plus you can still shoot from the right stick if you use a modifier button, which makes it seamless to transistion from dribble move to shooting/layup/etc. It does get a little confusing - there's many times I thought I was driving to dunk when i'd just end up doing a spin move wide open in the paint. But when you get it right, it feels that much more gratifying.

The inclusion of Jay-Z is pretty cool, in that he seemed to pick good songs to be included in the soundtrack. Its funny that most of these songs are censored way beyond even a radio edit - full sentences are just omitted like they never existed.

The signature skill is a fun inclusion. I remember how madden tried to do it once a few years ago and it was a mess, but this game does a good job of balancing their effects against their upgrades, etc. You can really start to customize players with the signature skills, which I liked.

One thing that i'm not happy about is how they scaled the point allocations for "my career" mode. You gain less points from goals throughout games and through the season, and even training doesn't yield too many points. But you can get thousands of points for just a few dollars from the online store. it's clearly tailored to steer you towards purchasing points online. And I did. I'm not happy about it but it was worth it to make my player dunk on everybody.

It's still far and away the best bball sim i've come across. The price has dropped since the latest round of sports games have came out (baseball, etc) and with the nba playoffs coming up, if you haven't gotten this game yet and you're a bball fan, you might as well get it.
on November 26, 2012
the rosters/updates for them are horrible! here it is 11/26 and they STILL don't have correct rotations/rosters... its becoming a joke now... also the player ratings on some players is a joke... they have guys like Drummond a 59 to start but still have Arenas at a 77... its horrible im so glad they have roster shares because there is some very good ones uploads by other players... they just don't seem to care about this, to me this is a very big part of the game... if they don't care about them, why do they shove the NBA today down your throat? its not today because there is still players missing from the game.. if you think im just being a whiner look at the 2k forums for roster discussion, there is many other people upset about this... some even made a list of players missing... to me this wouldn't be a big deal but they pride themselves so much over it... also i fee the teammate grade online and in myplayer needs some tuning... you lose too much for such little things like if a shot gets blocked... u honestly lose like 2/3's of a bar for this... it like yes i soon as i shot this i knew it was gonna be blocked my bad... and if your match up scores you lose too much, dont they know that there is not NBA game where there is zero points scored? i not mad they take points but the dont really account for how much d you play... if the guy is wide open then yes take a chunk away, but if im on him the whole play and he scores maybe take a smaller amount off... But other than these two things i feel this i an awesome game that i would highly recommend... graphics are great, gameplay is "almost" spot on and the announce crew is fun and very realistic! Also the myplayer is improved again and is actually fun now with twitter and now you collect VC credits instead of the points like prior career modes.. whats good about the credits are they can be collected over all game modes so you can really boost your players skills quickly if you play online or in other modes... oh and did i mention JAY-Z has his own soundtrack in this game! I love this game and play it daily, besides rosters this game is as close to perfect as you can get!

4.9/5
on March 9, 2015
NBA 2K13 - Fun game" excellent graphics, I always preferred NBA LIVE 10 but since they dont make nba games anymore i went to 2K series and have to admit this game is really good" i still prefer the play of NBA Live but having up to date rosters make a difference.
on March 5, 2015
Good game, but 2k Sports took down the servers, so all online functionality is gone. Also, I'm told that 2k14 and 2k15 (although you can play online) are the same game as this - the only gameplay updates go to the next generation of systems. Beware. The game itself is good, though, and the "myCareer" mode is an interesting mode to play through a player's entire NBA career, get traded, meet with the GM, win awards, etc. It's fun without the online functions, but disappointing that they don't work only two years later.