Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NBA 2K14 [Online Game Code]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Online Game Code|Change
Price:$29.99

on October 7, 2013
They didn't release ONE update for PC on 2k13 and it was full of glitches, cheese, and bugs. 2K14 is still under the "current-gen" title on PC and nothing is different from the console counterparts. Supporting developers that abandon the PC platform and that don't listen to their paying customers is not the way to go. 2K was constantly being told by fans to bring back crew. What did they do? They renamed the online NBA blacktop to Crew and made it 3 v 3 on the blacktop... The computer defense in this game is beyond stupid. Your CPU teammate will literally walk away from a great shooter to help double one of the worst centers in the NBA or the CPU will slide over magically and block your shot. Speaking of blocking shots, half the time you perform a layup your ball goes towards the rim and magically slides over mid-air to which looks like a block but it doesn't even record it. We still have the same generic player-create faces too. There are several more things wrong with this copy and paste game, but I'll leave you a link and you can see all the people complaining through the comments or you can look it up yourself.

[...]
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
I pretty much only play the career mode and in that case this game is 99.9% the same as last year. The selection of music and the graphic overlays are actually worse. I wasn't a big fan of the gaudy look of 2K13 but it was better than the plain look here. Obviously 2k are putting all their efforts into the PS4 and XB1 because there was none put into this. With that said it's still a fantastic game, just wholly unworthy upgrading to from 2K13. 5 Stars if you're new or a couple of years behind. 3 stars if you had 2K13. So I'll spilt the difference and give it 4 stars.
on February 15, 2014
Great game! I own it for the XBOX360 and now for the PC. I was a bit skeptical to purchase this game for PC because of all the negative reviews, but now after playing it for myself, I can say I'm happy I made the $13.99 purchase. The most common negative patterns that I was reading was that this game did not come with the next gen graphics that the XBOX 1 and PS4 have. I can understand that argument, but I will not rate this game 1 star because of that. The other negative issues was that this game is pretty much just a roster update from last year, and I can agree to that as well, but again, I will not rate it 1 star because of that. My motto is don't fix whats not broke, and this game is not broke. I noticed that animations were different, player shots were more authentic, shooting the ball is different, passing the ball is more creative, etc. I can go on. I guess you can look at these differences as minor updates from last year, but overall the improvements are good, just not significant.
on November 6, 2013
This is a PC version except when you max out the video settings it looks like a mid PS3 build. This game should look just as good on the XBOX One and PS4 but it doesn't and that is sad. Will there be an update? There is a laugh and a half. Buy 2K11 for a $1. Same game, only better. 2K should be ashamed to have released this garbage.
on January 1, 2014
the pc version is missing lots of things from the console version. if you have a console, you should pick that copy up. the pc version is like a barebones version of the game.
on November 2, 2013
The game didn't address many bugs from 2K10, 11, 12, and 13. Many of the new features, including improved playbooks, don't work. For example, many plays don't work. The CPU PG stands there dribbling until the shot clock expires.
on November 14, 2013
As with 2k13, the gameplay has improved from the previous iteration, and continues to be the best NBA simulation I have played. I only play MyPlayer and Association, so the PC version, which has less options than the console versions, is more than ok for me. What keeps me from rating the game with 5 stars is the fact that the AI is still very questionable. I'm not sure if this was "improved" from the previous year, but the AI definitely needs work.

A few examples of what I've encountered in my MyPlayer mode:

AI trades made puts one team with 5 point guards and 1 center (Nets)
Chemistry is very slow in going up, but very quick in going down--even with the best record in the league and a 12-game win streak, there was only a 1% gain in chemistry
While in game, the AI controlling the point guard changes play every few seconds in offense, resulting in last second shots far outside the 3-point line
AI controlling ball-handler will not pass the ball when I am running to the basket with an open lane, but will pass the ball when I'm running to the basket (without calling for the ball), with defenders around, resulting in a turn-over
AI will randomly pass inbound to no one resulting in a turn-over
And plenty more...

All in all, it's still a great experience, only if not for those small snags.
on May 26, 2014
This is a tricky review. Do you own NBA2K12 or NBA2K13? If so, don't buy this game. The graphics haven't made that huge of a leap forward. The game mechanics and modes are the same. What you're really buying is "updated rosters" that put players on the appropriate team. If you own the previous versions this is a 1 star rating for you.

If you don't own the previous versions, this is almost a 5 star game. The biggest complaint is the game caps your max skill at 90, or in a few cases 92. Meanwhile the NPC players in the league can go up to 99. The only way around this is to buy temporary (1, 3, or 5 games) stat boosts. This is a thin veiled attempt to suck up more money. Assuming you're cool occasionally spending 5 bucks here and there the other players won't be "running circles around you." However, you should know the temporary stat boost option is NOT AVAILIBLE for the PC version. You needed to buy this game for Xbox or Playstation.

LeBron's story line is kind of interesting. Block shots now have a better animation which actually makes it look like you're blocking a shot. If you jump early you can now land on and knock down other players which is more realistic than previous games. "Stealing" the ball has been overhauled and it's now possible to do so w/o fouling out of the game.
on December 23, 2013
I buy these games every year, and put way to many hours into them. I love the 2K franchise, and we play it at college all the time. This is a perfect game for my laptop cause I hook up two Xbox controllers and me and my roommate will play for hours. The association mode, and myPlayer are super addicting, and the game play is as smooth as butter.
on June 5, 2014
This game has everything I wanted for a basketball franchise game, and is the leader in the market, however many aspects of the game are difficult to execute, rebounding is nearly impossible even it seems like when you have position rebounds never come and the one or two times you are out of position your man gets the board every time. Open layups are missed and players aren't intuitive to game situations, For example in career mode on the shot with 2 seconds to go on the shot clock my player decided to do an up and under giving a shot clock violation. There is little to know coaching, even on the bench at the end of the game players take full court shots when a timeout is appropriate. This game is close and I am eager for future releases but has some flaws that make playing annoying at times.