4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected but needs improvement.
Published 14 months ago by Moemoe514

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to get excited about...
I reviewed this based off of how they improved the game from last years game. I believe that is how they should be reviewed because we already know that last years game was fun and a success and we know they could spit out the same game and it would still be fun, but I want to see improvement. So without further ado, here is my review.

-The presentation: The...
Published 14 months ago by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected but needs improvement., October 8, 2013
Moemoe514 (Birmingham, AL) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game to me is better than expected but still needs improvement in a few areas. I know I'm going to get bashed for this review but hear me out for a second. When I got this game on release day, I felt the same as a lot of people, pissed off. For a lot of years, 2K put out great games that were better than their predecessors. But for some reason this year, I felt that NBA 2K14 was, in a lot a ways, the same as NBA 2K13. It pissed me off immediately. Now, after playing it for a week, I can see the subtle changes that keeps me wanting to play this game time and time again. Such as shot blocking, easier play calling, CREW, international teams, bounce-passing, fancy-passing, online association mode, and more signature skills. These features give 2K14 a different feel than 2K13 for me. Let me also add that I mostly play against other players online or head-to-head locally. I don't care about My Player, association off-line, or Labron James's new mode. And also, let me add that on last years 2K13, when my network connection would default, I used to get a lost. This year it looks like they fixed that problem. As of yet, when my internet connection would disconnect, I won't receive a win or a lost. For me that's huge.

Now my CON's on 2K14 are the following: No new camera angle, players still have sliding movement, much needed improvement on passing, and for me that's about it. Oh, I almost forgot, I wish that 2K would do an overhaul on the soundtracks. I wish they can set up almost a satelite radio within the game so I can pick and choose what type of music I want to hear. Or, have a mixture of everything. I love rap and R&B, so I don't want to hear any pop music when I'm about to beat-down an opponent online. LOL. That's just a thought.

Overall, its a GOOD game. At first I hated this game but after playing it a while, I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10. This is my honest opinion of this game and I hold nothing against anyone who doesn't feel the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars NBA 2k14- Xbox 360, December 27, 2013
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I am 12 years of age, and I want to share my first hand experiences with the game, NBA 2k14, designed for the Xbox 360. This game was solid, but not amazing by my standards; and that is why I give it a four out of five star rating. In the paragraphs below, I will discuss the pros and the cons of this game.

First, I will start out with the pros: I enjoyed listening to the entertaining 'King James Soundtrack’ which included several popular songs from well known artists such as JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, etc. Secondly, I liked the overall presentation and creative color scheme presented throughout this game. This got a lot more polished compared to NBA 2k13. Thirdly, I enjoyed playing with the Pro Stick, it allows you to throw down show-stopping moves and toss flashy no-look passes with ease. Finally, I really loved playing with international teams, such as Maccabi Tel Aviv and thirteen other top international teams. This would be cool for people who have lived in countries outside of America and recognize some of the international stars, such as myself.

Now, I will describe the cons in the game: First of all, I notice a lot of glitches that also occurred in NBA 2k13, but this is not a major problem since usually, the glitches are recognized only once in a while. Secondly, I was a little disappointed that the “Creating a Legend” mode was gone. I do not understand why 2k sports would take of this feature, as it was such a big success in my opinion. Also, I have noticed that the “My Career” mode was not modified, like I heard it was on the Xbox One or PS4. This was disappointing and left me wondering why 2k can't just release the same game and let only the graphics become different in between the consoles. Lastly, I've also noticed that at times you constantly and unrealistically get the ball stolen. This can get very annoying!

Now that you know the good and bad things about this game, I want you to know that if you have NBA 2k13, you should probably hold on to it for a little longer and wait until the price of NBA 2k14 drops since although NBA 2K14 is very entertaining and fun to play, it is only a minor improvement over NBA 2k13. I think this is game is still solid as I said before, and I feel like 2k sports releases a great basketball video game once again. I hope this review helps with your decision making process and I thank you for your time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to get excited about..., October 28, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

-The presentation: The LeBron stuff was new and brought a different feel to the game but was otherwise nothing to go crazy about. But at least they tried something new. The most underwhelming part of the game was when I started my first game it felt like I was playing 2K13. I was legitimately concerned that I had gotten the wrong game because of the way the game look and sounded int he game presentation (not really but you get my point). Overall that was upsetting.

-The gameplay: The gameplay did not change much but it did have a few minor improvements. The passing was better but there were still too many sill passes that came out of nowhere. The layups were much better with less open layups missed (although there were still more than I think there should be for NBA players). Overall there were slight improvements to the game but it still felt like the same game as 2K13.

-Steals: The most annoying thing in my opinion was the stealing on the game. You might as well hit X every time the player that you are guarding is dribbling because you have a VERY HIGH chance of stealing it. It goes both ways, you lose the ball a lot and the computer/player that you are against can have it stolen from you very easily. I mean I was stripping point guards like D-Rose and Jrue Holliday over and over again. I would say that was my number one negative in the game. Stripping the ball from a player is a hard thing to do in basketball let alone in the NBA.

In the end I would still say that this is a very solid NBA video game and anybody who wants a basketball game should get 2K14. But the disappointing part of the game is for the players that would like to get the new game every year (such as myself) and try the new and improved gameplay along with new features, which this game is lacking compared to past 2K games. I hope this helps on the decision process on whether to buy it or not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Half a game, designed to annoy you into spending for the rest of the game., August 1, 2014
xxSavannah Boyxx (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
After a hard day's work and being infuriated by bosses, clients and co-workers, all I want is to sit down and enjoy a harmless fantasy. What this game does through their antics to force you to buy credits to make your player playable, is to make the most annoying game I've ever played. The game play is nonsensical and obviously designed to annoy you till you pay for them to stop. It's the worst basketball game I've ever played, and it seems that they get lazier and lazier each year, as they push out another annoyance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting Game!!, October 31, 2013
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Awesome game, excellent graphics.....got it for my over excited son & end up playing it myself and not much of a gaming person.....Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best gameplay the series has had., October 2, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I am not sure about everyone else, but i play the game for the actual game. I havent played my player and the assoication modes yet, which I love btw, but I can tell you from the actual gameplay, this game is amazing. The blocks are on point. The steals, the transition offense and defense are all great. It makes you feel like you are whoever you are controling in the game. If your lebron, you find yourself catching up to other players setting up a chase down block where if you are chris paul, you ll find yourself setting up for a steal. Now i have been reading some reviews up here and on other sites and i am not understanding some of your complaints. I read one guys comment in which he said he blew the computer out on the first game he played. I find this highly unlikely unless he played practice for about 4 hours and played on an easy difficulty. Reason being is that the controls are completly different. You cannot just hop in and do the same thing you were doing last year. The first game i played, I found myself passing out of shots because i did not know the controls, and thought it was like last years. Mind you, i was playing aganist a friend online who had the game for the whole day and had known what to do, so it was a bit bad for me. Any way, i am also not sure as to why people are so mad about the lack of changes in those modes. They were great last year. My player could have used a touch up or two, but if its not broke, why fix it? Why go in and make changes to a great system? Thats just my opinion.

To wrap up, I really do love this game. I will get to spend some more time with it after work, but from the 2 games i played, it feels so good. The timing of the shots, the movement of the players, the blocking system, the ablilty of the ball to always be live and touchable, these things and more are why i feel this is a great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool game, April 9, 2014
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I play this game with my two younger brothers all the time. Its a great game that never gets old.

5.0 out of 5 stars NBA Fan, April 6, 2014
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Gift item for the Xbox fan. The recipient was excited to have this game in his collection. He is already looking forward to the new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, March 31, 2014
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
i would say buy this game. its one of the best out there! really they did a great job. good job with the game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift., March 27, 2014
This review is from: NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Happy giver to the happy receiver. Bought this as a gift last Christmas and the receiver was so excited and happy bout it.

NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360
NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360 by 2K Sports (Xbox 360)
$39.99 $31.99