Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

This book has some of everything in it: game strategy, program organization, teaching ideas, coaching philosophy, defense, offense, you name it.

Better yet, it is readable! It comes with diagrams that are understandable and not so complicated that nobody can understand what is being shown. Some coaching books I have read have outstanding information, but the manner in which it is described is so complicated that it becomes an exercise in translation to understand the information. Coaching is about making the complicated simple. This book does that.

Beginning coaches can get stuff from this book and so can veterans. It is a valuable resource for any coach.

Kevin Sivils - author of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball
Game Strategies and Tactics for Basketball: Bench Coaching for Success
on November 3, 2015
I've read that book as a fan in order to gain a deeper understanding of a sport I love very much and it delivered somewhat. Not all the volume was relevant to what I was seeking and it could've went deeper in every chapter, but I gained sharper insight on the main offensive and defensive strategies as well as some keen details of the game, such as what makes a good defender in a game and what are the symptoms of shot deficiencies (as well as how to fix them). I'm conscious that it's a bit of a money grab, that it should've been a lot more layered and subtly broken down, but I liked it somewhat anyway because I'm a crazy person.
on October 5, 2011
My son loved reading about Nba game strategies, intermediate english, full of tactic schemes. Would be a great gift for children in love with basketball
on May 18, 2013
I read the book from front to back. It was interesting if you're into basketball and coaching/teaching strategies. Each chapter was written by a different coach. Some sections were excellent as the coach explained the idea of the drill/play while others were just x's and o's without too much explanation besides this player goes here and does that. I love coaching and studying basketball strategies, plays, drills, etc.. for fun, but at times this book dragged on and lost my attention, which is hard to do with me and basketball strategy.
on March 1, 2016
I found this book to very good in covering and explain details of the various fundamental skills of teaching the game. Vitally important information on coaching along with proper attitude of handling players, situations, and your coaching methods, this book is a must for any serious coach at all levels of the game.
on February 24, 2013
I am a basketball coach at a public school. I found the contents of this book very helpful. I am applying the infomation weekly and will use mre often next year. Book was in perfect condition and arrived earlier than anticpated.
on February 25, 2014
This book probably has the most complete basketball strategy for all basketball coaches. It has all the drawings and diagram for famous plays in the NBA. The only downside of this book is the size. It's pretty heavy and big (like hardcover big). I can't bring this book to a plane to read. A must read for all basketball players and coaches.
on June 11, 2015
I bought this book from Boarders some years back and it has been helpful. Helpful in seeing what select professional coaches choose as their one play to share. It's a collection of a handful of go to plays from talented coaches past and present.
on February 15, 2010
I like this book a lot. The only problem is that I bought it as a person who never played basketball growing up. If you're unfamiliar with the game as I was you may find yourself wishing this book had more visuals to accompany the text.
on November 20, 2014
I purchased this for my son, who is a new coach. He is thrilled with it! It is very informative and helpful, he has found it very useful. Price point was great...I highly recommend.