Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 questions
vote
Yes they work. I am currently using 5 L300 units all with wireless keyboards and mice.
Jan 8, 2014 by matt
vote
This device has 2 USB ports, and 2 USB ports for a keyboard and mouse. It has an audio and microphone hookup. One VGA and Ethernet port. This device isn't meant to replace a high end workstation (it's a 0-client). It's meant for simple apps and maybe simple youtube videos. Again, if you think this will allow you to experience your high-end machine's experience, it won't. It's just for the simple apps. You're experiencing everything at a speed of what your network supports. Sorry my last post was about a different device, I had to revise this post.
Apr 22, 2014 by Sekander
votes
It is a thin client that hooks to a computer that can act as a server. In turn that computer can connect to a larger server.
Feb 9, 2015 by Dog lover
votes
I purchased two of those about a year ago to replace old PC's that were used in my digital signage project sending PowerPoint slide show to the 52" LCD screens via VGA-to-CAT5-to-VGA converters. I connected N300's directly to the LCD VGA ports and sent Ppt show to them via ethernet from a Win 7 PC though can't remember whether it was a 32 or a 64 bit. What I recall is that making it work wasn't as straigt forward as they described in their ads and instructions. When I finally got them to work after spending some time on a phone with NComputing tech support, I realized that it wasn't exactly a fully automated distribution of the slideshow file to the client devices I hoped for. My goal was to avoid manual shutdown/restart of a Ppt presentation as it was done with the individual PCs. However, the new setup still required some action on the client devices in addition to updating a Ppt file on a server. However, my main issue was jittery video sent by N300's; slide transitions were rough, jerky and with black breaks, much worse than what I was getting with the individual PC. Once again I contacted tech support, they had me try different configuration parameters but nothing could correct a problem. Finally after nearly a month worth of attempts NComputing admitted that N300 might not be a suitable solution for my application and I had them returned to Amazon.
Feb 10, 2014 by Mike
votes
L300 works with 8.0. Windows 10 is coming out to fix the 8 series. So there will be little testing regarding the l300 and 8.0 until 10 comes out. I would not recommend at this point. Unless you feel lucky. I would rather have software and hardware that is reliable then software that has quirks that give other peripherals problems.
19 days ago by Dog lover
votes
No, this is the reason I did not like these. It runs in it's own specific proprietary OS.
Feb 9, 2015 by Clint L.
votes
Yes, it is plug and play. Install the software on your server that comes in the package. Once the server software is installed plug in the L300 and it will be recognized by the server.
Nov 19, 2014 by St. O. Oliver Clarke
votes
A CAT5 cable runs from the computer to the NComputing component. No additional cards, cables, etc are necessary.
Aug 21, 2014 by Dave
votes
You only have 2 usable USB Ports available on each L300. I haven't plugged a scanner into it yet, but... I'm thinking each scanner is rated at 400mA (.4 Amps) not .4mA and I don't think an L300 can handle that. The USB ports are primarily for USB memory sticks, although I've successfully used them for printers as well. I do know that the dental x-ray sensor I tried once did NOT work reliably on it.
May 7, 2014 by Mauro D.
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers