5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent projector for the money!
Published 13 months ago by DavidM

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective
We received our projector...as a small business we decided to invest a bit more in hopes of getting a longer lasting product.

1) The stand is defective...only 2 legs are adjustable, making it impossible to have a balanced position without stacking books etc.

2) The remote mechanism that allows you to change presentation pages does not work without a...
Published 7 months ago by Monique Terrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent projector for the money!, August 5, 2013
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
My project team has been using this machine in workshops for the last six weeks, 10-12 hrs a day, five days a week and it has proven to be a real workhorse. I was hesitant due to the price point as to the quality of the projector, but it has performed very well. It is very quiet, has a sharp image, and heat dispersion is very good. Well worth the investment. We are only 1/3 way through our project, so time will tell if the level of performance continues, but, thus far we have been very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars NEC NP-VE281X, May 25, 2013
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
So far its a very nice projector. Price was great and picture quality is awesome! I would recommend this projector to anyone I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars The NEC NP-VE281X was a great choice for us., June 1, 2014
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
Speaking to both small and large groups with crisp, clear and true-color project to enhance the audible communication is a "no-worry" with the NEC! It is lightweight, easily transported in a small satchel and is easily adapted to any environment. The projection is bright and crystal clear. We love it, and have recommended to others as an inexpensive, quality piece of equipment. While adequate in small group settings, the built in sound option could be improved to make a great projector even better. Would I buy it again? Absolutely!!!

Dean Hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job, January 13, 2014
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
This is half the size of the other projectors we have, and I can carry it anywhere. It is very bright even with the lights on and beyond sharp in dimmer light. No need for a dark room with this projector. It is easy to use, very portable, and as someone else said, cools down quickly so that it can be put away at the end of a meeting. You need to get your own HDMI cable if you don't have one - an inexpensive accessory to buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars No USB Port!, October 28, 2013
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
There is no usb port, which was a surprise. Otherwise, it works fine. I have nothing else to say at this time.

4.0 out of 5 stars great projector for the price, May 20, 2014
i_reader (Merritt Island, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
Nice, bright display, and it will push to the native 1600x900 resolution of our laptop without much fuzziness. I like having both hdmi and vga connectors, and both work fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars great picture!, July 20, 2014
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
Very bright, great picture!! We bought this for outdoor movies and the picture does not disappoint. The only reason we give it 4 stars is because of the lack of an audio out port. While the sound is ok for an indoor presentation, we needed big sound for outside and it complicated the setup trying to output the sound from our other device. We got it figured out, but it would have been much easier if the projector had an audio out.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good a picture as our 1080p 46" LCD flatscreen if not better !!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
4th projector I have had...2 Sharps and a previous NEC V260x...This one is BY FAR the best picture of any of the rest !! $350 for a 100" HD TV with 3-yr warranty including shipping is a steal...Works great on wall . No screen necessary. Can get bulbs for $50, even 2-yr factory warranty on bulb !! Unbelievable picture..Most reviews on here are by business people that use these for presentations.. I have been using projectors as bigscreen TV in living room...Running an AV receiver with 20 yr Bose sound system takes movies(especially BluRay) to levels you can't imagine. Takes TV to a totally different level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Picture ... but no output for ext speakers, July 6, 2014
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
Brilliant picture. Very loud internal speaker. However, NOTE THAT THE UNIT DOES NOT HAVE EXTERNAL SPEAKER JACK. External speakers were critical to my application for large groups, so I had to return the unit. But, as usual, Amazon Customer Service was superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hubby, April 17, 2014
Dianna Flowers (Savannah, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEC NP-VE281X Projector (Electronics)
Thanks for such awesome service and an equally awesome product however it didn't arrive the day it was told to us it would but its ok with that since it turned out to be such a great picture on our movie screen. Kudos y'all

NEC NP-VE281X Projector