Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 11, 2013
Crimson Typhoon is unique among the other Jaegers in the film 'Pacific Rim' for having 3 pilots, and unique among NECA's Pacific Rim toyline in that it boasts the highest number of articulated joints (I counted 20 points of articulation) - due in no small part to it's 3rd arm, which you will find seperated from the body of the mech in the packaging. It snaps on quickly with a flexible ball joint.

All of NECA's Pacific Rim figures are incredibly sturdy, and Crimson Typhoon is no exception. It features a striking read paint job with beautiful Cantonese dentailing. This figure's joints are pleasantly stiff and highly posable. The only real complaint I have is that its feet do not rotate horizontally, preventing the mech from planting its feet firmly on the ground at a wide stance. It can be tricky finding the right stance to get his feet planted firmly on the ground. That said, contrary to what a fellow reviewer has stated, I had no difficulty standing Typhoon with his legs fully extended.

Purchasing this figure in anticipation of the movie has made me want to collect the rest of this very quality figure line. I highly recommend this figure for collectors and kids at heart.
on July 19, 2013
It looks just like how it did in the movie Pacific Rim. The paint is done pretty well, and is quite a large figure, standing at around 7in. The only complaints I have with this figure are the arms and ankles. The figure's back arm is quite posable, but the front one only moves back and forth. And the ankles do not go flat onto the ground if you spread the legs for a pose, so it looks like its standing on the sides of it's feet. Overall, I thought this was a pretty awesome figure, and I'm happy to add it to my collection.
on May 7, 2014
This will be re-released in a 2 figure set in June 2014 for half the price, the other figure will be Striker Eureka
on October 23, 2013
As a fan of Pacific Rim, fan of Crimson Typhoon. This action figure is awesome, I love it. It's very good for it's size (it's highly detailed too) however I think it was very overpriced. I paid $39 and I think that's outrageous if you ask me. I seen some on eBay that was $40 and up. I don't understand how these sellers are selling at this price when it's not worth $39/40 dollars, this item is not even rare! The price should been $22.99 or $24.99 at the most. If your a fan, it's worth buying but at the same time it's kinda not because the ridiculous price.
on November 19, 2014
I've been a huge fan of the movie "Pacific Rim" since seeing it in theaters, and have been amassing quite a collection of merchandise from the movie. Among said merchandise has been the NECA series of action figures, which have since joined my ever-growing robot figure collection. I was originally going to just stop at Cherno and Gipsy, but then I grew to love the other two main Jaegers of the film and set about acquiring them. And due to various circumstances, Crimson Typhoon was the last of the four main Jaegers to join the collection.

Curiously, the last Jaeger to join the collection may also be the best -- Crimson seems to be the best figure of the NECA Pacific Rim line.

Like all the Jaegers, Crimson is gorgeously detailed, with a marvelous sculpt and intricate paint applications. He has a distinctly weathered look to him that adds to the realism, and is quite poseable. I especially love his legs, which are built differently from the other Jaegers and more resemble bird or dinosaur legs than human legs. He doesn't come with his saw-weapons, but that's a minor nitpick.

I'm not sure why other reviews complain about Crimson being flimsy, as he seems pretty solidly built to me. Perhaps there are some flawed figures in the line, and I just lucked out with a well-built one.

Well worth the money, and probably the best figure so far in the Pacific Rim line. Crimson has a place of honor in my collection.
on August 19, 2013
This figure is the better Jaeger figure so far compared to Gipsy Danger. Highly detailed with 3 arms and two chicken legs. One thing to note is the the back arm is tricky to move, as it was lightly glued to the peg, but a little friction popped it loose. Just be careful doing it. To have free range of motion for the arm was a risk I took that paid off. I have heard of people breaking the peg at the shoulder joint. The other drawback is the loose joints in the lower body particularly for me at the ankles. I am going to take care of that, but it's just too bad. I want mine to stand because given the fragile nature of NECA stuff, I can't risk it falling and breaking. Overall, I love the figure and loved the movie. It's a must buy for fans.
on September 3, 2013
This is by far one of the coolest and most detailed action figures ive ever seen, not many toy companies can really top the look of characters and stuff on the screen but this figure looks so good that its like they took the same crimson typhoon from the mvie, then made it in real life and then shrunk it to a toy size! its that detailed! anyways, its really cool and awesome, its articulation (how well it moves) is pretty good and its overall very cool. as with most larger more collectible action figures its not so much for kids to play with, keep that in mind, its more just for show.
on January 29, 2014
The Crimson Typhoon figure can be a bit difficult to work with. The main right arm has some sort of glue stuck in it's shoulder joint so u might wanna pop it off somehow and scrape the glue out. The paint work on this figure is amazing and its also super detailed. Points of articulation is also good except there's no articulation in the feet at all. The three arms concept is good and the hips can completely rotate (just like in the movie!). Unfortunately, his hands don't turn into blades so no Thundercloud Formation here people.
on October 10, 2013
So, I got all of the 3 pacific rim action figures for my birthday. I love them all, but the only problem is this one. The figure is probably the flimsiest I've ever seen, as I dropped it on like the softest carpet known to man and the leg joints went completely freaking limp. That is one thing that made me extremely disappointed about the figure. The legs, before they were limp, were so weak the figure was stuck in a permanent squatting position. Other than those major points and major annoyances, the figure is nice.
on April 18, 2014
What this Jaeger lacks in poseability, she makes up for in looking so friggin awesome and screen accurate. Now she is poseable and can be put in WAY better poses than Wave 1 Gipsy and Knifehead, and considering Knifehead and Gipsy have gotten new molds to allow better/more movement (Gipsy Danger 2.0 is coming soon with changable battle damaged parts, two plasma gun arms, and a hand that holds the famous oil tanker baseball bat.), so with that in mind, hopefully Crimson Typhoon 2.0 and the rest will follow!