Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 1, 2012
Let me start this review with a disclaimer: I purchased these brushes via ebay,not amazon...so this review is strictly about the brushes themselves and not the seller.

I honestly wanted to like these brushes, but they just were not good. When I opened the package my first opinion of the brushes were that: 1) they were NOT soft 2) The bristles were already bent and 3) they shed ALOT!!! I tried a variety of things to improve them:
- washed them several times with Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver (the kind artist use on paint brushes)
- soaked them in olive oil (hoping to soften them)
- DEEP conditioned them(again hoping to soften them)

After all that I will admit that they were finally softer, but not as soft as some of my other brushes. With that being said, the eye brushes were already really soft (although they also shed a ton) straight out of the package. It was the three face brushes, and the fan brush that were rough and scratchy. After spending the weekend trying to salvage these brushes I almost decided to keep them with the hope that hopefully the would get better with more washing and conditioning, but in actuality these brushes are way to thin to be of any use. They are not dense and fluffy the way they should be.

Overall I was not pleased with my purchase... I went back through the seller's feedback on ebay to see if anyone else had the same problem, but almost 100% of the people that bought this set were talking about how great it was. This makes me think that I was just unlucky and received a bad batch of brushes. I contacted the seller and told them this and attached pictures(the same ones I uploaded on amazon) and they agreed to let me return the item. I cannot honestly say whether or not these are good quality brushes ( mine obviously weren't), but maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
77 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
I can deal with the smell of the brushes, I know that it will dissipate but I don't like that they are shedding. I've done cheaper brushes before and it hasn't been an issue.
on December 22, 2011
The brushes are wonderful and of good quality BUT the case is not. It smells strongly of gasoline or something of the sort and looks cheap. LOVE The brushes, HATE the case. Package arrived super fast.
Love my brushes!:-D
on December 19, 2011
The quality of the brushes were horrible. The hairs in all of the brushes come out when you use them and leaves hair all over your face.
on October 2, 2012
i bought this on september 19 and just received them today oct 2. i was honestly a little skeptical about these because of some of the negative or mixed reviews here on amazon but saw alot of decent ones on youtube so i decided to give thema try because the price was unbeatable ive paid more for really cruddy synthetic sets in stores before..and i figured if i didnt like them i could pawn them off on my sister lol. WELL I LOVE LOVE LUUURRRRVVVEEE them. taking it out of the package, there was a plastic-y paint smell, to me it smelled new in my opinion, like new plastic, my guess from the case it was in. i personally didnt find it that offensive, its been out of the package for maybe close to an hour now and the smell is just about gone now, and did i mention im 9 months pregnant and have the nose of a blood hound? lol anyways so i washed my hands, and opened it for inspection. my first impression of the brushes was how soft they were even the eyeliner brush was soft, softer than any ive used before. there was very very little shedding with mine. i plucked literally like 3 or 4 stragglers and that was it so far, remember these are goat hair so they might shed a little at first but its nothing 1 wash cant fix..you should wash them before you use them anywayyysss. ive bought worse and paid more (for less than 20 brushes!) shopping inside of a store before i really have no complaints about my set. anybody who complains must be a prude or maybe got a bad batch of brushes?? idk but i love these. i would absolutley recommend them might even buy a couple more because they would make great stocking stuffers for christmas. if youre still unsure about this set after reading the amazon reviews, i would take a peek on youtube..and that goes for most any beauty product you would buy on here..i like watching people use them in action ya know lol hope this helped
on June 13, 2012
Quick delivery. Great brushes for the price. Am sure to purchase again when these wear out. Sheds a little, but work well. I use my brushes daily many times and have had no problem with these so far.
on January 23, 2012
Good set of brushes! Some of the brushes are goat hair and I believe some are pony hair. The case is vinyl and not leather, the case did not smell like gas it smells like vinyl. I do recommend this set and you can't beat the price.
on February 21, 2016
Cute makeup brush set. It's perfect for beginners, which I was when I purchased this a few years ago. The bristles are very soft, and I like the wrap case it comes in. You can easily remove and replace the brushes, and when you're done, you can just wrap up the case and tie it close. It's been over three years, and they are still holding up nicely. Of course, you have to be sure to properly clean and care for them when you're done using them. Only recently did they start shedding their bristles, which I think means I definitely got my money's worth.
on July 10, 2012
The majority of the reviews on these brushes are negative simply because the brushes shed. They're natural hair brushes, there's going to be some shedding until you wash them. It's ridiculous how many people will hate a product simply because they don't know how to use it. Obviously they aren't perfect, I mean look at the price and the amount that you're getting. I think overall for what you pay for them, they're decent brushes. Definitely worth the price.
on April 21, 2014
Unsatisfied with these brushes. They are rough, too rough to use on sensitive faces. The hairs fall off of them when using them too, which is extremely annoying. I would not purchase these and do not recommend them when there are better similarly priced brushes out there.