5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
Published 23 months ago by Campfool

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good on a telephoto lens
Published on June 25, 2010 by Ben Schultz

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, August 16, 2012
This product is exceptional for the price. Sturdy metal constructioon with solid glass. Both the macro and wide-angle attachments produce very good results. No, they will not produce the same quality results of a $400 lens, as well it shouldn't. The majority of negative reviews of this product appear to be due to either grandiose expectations or a lack of knowledge. Yes, this lens can and will produce vignetting and other distortons under certain conditions, but so will a $600 lens. It may also jam up and damage the thread on your camera if you forcefully screw it on sideways, but so will a $600 lens. And, finally, no it will not produce Ansel Adams' quality landscapes... Unless you are Ansel. For the price, however, it will provide good photographs for good photographers.

5.0 out of 5 stars neewer wide angle lens, June 22, 2012
It fits on my nikon D3000 kit lens 18-55mm works great. I found a cool trick if you take the lens apart and flip the glass pieces it turns into a fisheye lens, so I got a wide angle lens and a fisheye lens.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good on a telephoto lens, June 25, 2010
This review is from: NEEWER 52 mm Telephoto Lens with Lens Bag for Cameras and Camcorders with 52mm size Lens Filter Thread (Camera)
It cost me $13 (with shipping), but I learned a valuable lesson: cheap lenses can make a big difference. I hoped this lens would give more telephoto capabilities to my 55-200mm (1:4-5.6) Nikon lens that I use with my D5000. However, at anything over 55mm, there is a lot of distortion and haziness that is produced. It worked ok on my 18-55mm kit lens; however, at wide angles, the lens itself gets in the way and cuts off the field of view). In summary, the photos taken at 18mm are unusable (lens obstructs view), at 55mm they are solid, and at more than 55mm, which is why I bought it, the lens is awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price!, August 6, 2011
This product does what it is supposed to - creat a wide angle @ 0.45x - it's a really low price but performs well. If you have a lens like 18mm with correct focus, it could creat a small vignette around the edges. What I liked was, that the lens had a macro in it too, so that's a really great addition!

I would recommend this product to entry-level photographers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with my Nikon D3100 SLR, May 9, 2011
I am a long-time, recreational, digital photographer & this is my first zoom lens for my new Nikon D3100. For my own purposes of taking outdoor shots, this lens has been great. My next purchase will be a tri-pod (mono-pod) to use with the lens because you learn very quickly that every little tiny movement effects your shot with a zoom lens. For the money, I feel like it was a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price. Perfect for beginners., January 5, 2013
I'm a novice photographer trying learn the ropes, but I didn't want to spend big $$$ on a macro or wide angle lens. This is an incredibly affordable alternative, and actually produces decent images. Both the macro and wide angle features work with my Nikon D3100 kit lens.

My only complaint (and the reason it lost a star) is that the threads on the macro adapter are in no way built to last. After attaching/removing a dozen or so times, it's visibly worn down in places, and doesn't screw on nearly as smoothly as when I first started using it.

For the price though, I think this is something nearly every newbie photographer will have a lot of fun with and it's definitely worth a look.

3.0 out of 5 stars 52mm wide angle lens, June 2, 2011
John Montes de Oca (Chula Vista, CA, US) - See all my reviews
For most of the range it does the job. The problem with the 18mm - 55mm lens at the 18mm range the photos come out with the encasement -blockage at the corners of the picture.

1.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly dissatisfied, August 13, 2010
The saying 'you get what you pay for' certainly holds true with this product; although the item was really inexpensive for what it is, i was expecting alot more. The image quality is severely degraded, there is a white hazy blur throughout the image, and the edges of the image are distorted and blurry, the difference in zoom is barely discernable, i had to look back and forth between two photos taken with and without it to see the difference. The degredation of image quality is by no means a fair trade-off for the minute level of zoom. If i were you, i would spend the extra money for quality, it is a total waste otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition...., March 13, 2013
Fits well on my other lenses. You do have to get used to focus range if you're a beginner like me. Excellent wide angle and macro addition to suitable lenses. Great for individuals on a budget!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, April 1, 2013
It came just in time. This fits my Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm kit lens. I would recommend this for beginners who'd like to play around with pictures!

Rate and Discover Movies