Most helpful positive review
19 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Must have 3D Tablet
on August 19, 2013
I'm Sean Fairburn, Having worked as an Award winning Cinematographer and Director of Stereography I have seen everything out there to view 3D. The Goal for find a "GOOD" glasses free display has always been the illusive.
The NEO3DO tablet is the best glasses free product I have seen yet. I purchased in advance many months ago and when it arrived I was very happy to test it out.
Images are strong, color and contrast look great. and as a Tablet it has all the bells & Whistles you would like for interconnectivity. I also love the Intervalometer to shoot timelapse in the camera.
I sat with it for 3 hours and went over all of my 3D content as well as a wide variety of 3D content from others. Now as a long time 3D viewer and a 3D Stereographer I must tell you that no display size will make perfect comfortable easy to watch 3d ALL of the time.
What makes the 3D good to watch is never wrapped up in JUST the quality of the screen, but in other factors LIKE:
1) How the 3D was Shot and the setting of Convergence Distance and Interocular/ Interaxiel distance This is the Math used by stereographers and is critical in starting good 3D images.
2) How close the subject is to the camera and how far away it is to the Background??. If Subject too close it will ghost and fall apart. if IO/C not set right it will not fuze together and wont work.
3) How big is the screen intending to be viewed on?? The math is set with a target screen size in mind usually big.
4) viewers capacity to handle fast moving and off screen images, (age of viewer and distance are a factor in what is comfortable) So what works for one may not work for another.
5) Angle the viewer holds the Tablet will affect how the images look. (I find that slightly below center and left of center is the best angle for me to see the whole frame clear in good 3D)
ALL these are very strong factors to consider when deciding if the 3D works.
That said the NEO3DO tablet is a MUST have piece of tech gear that i will be feeding 3D images to and showing off to clients and friends on set today.
I would like to see in next generation tablet have 3D camera front and back preferably a MIO 3D configuration.