NEO3DO 3D Tablet with 8GB Memory 8" | NEO3DO-8
Price:$335.90 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 19, 2013
I'm Sean Fairburn, Having worked as an Award winning Cinematographer and Director of Stereography I have seen everything out there to view 3D. The Goal for find a "GOOD" glasses free display has always been the illusive.
The NEO3DO tablet is the best glasses free product I have seen yet. I purchased in advance many months ago and when it arrived I was very happy to test it out.
Images are strong, color and contrast look great. and as a Tablet it has all the bells & Whistles you would like for interconnectivity. I also love the Intervalometer to shoot timelapse in the camera.
I sat with it for 3 hours and went over all of my 3D content as well as a wide variety of 3D content from others. Now as a long time 3D viewer and a 3D Stereographer I must tell you that no display size will make perfect comfortable easy to watch 3d ALL of the time.
What makes the 3D good to watch is never wrapped up in JUST the quality of the screen, but in other factors LIKE:
1) How the 3D was Shot and the setting of Convergence Distance and Interocular/ Interaxiel distance This is the Math used by stereographers and is critical in starting good 3D images.
2) How close the subject is to the camera and how far away it is to the Background??. If Subject too close it will ghost and fall apart. if IO/C not set right it will not fuze together and wont work.
3) How big is the screen intending to be viewed on?? The math is set with a target screen size in mind usually big.
4) viewers capacity to handle fast moving and off screen images, (age of viewer and distance are a factor in what is comfortable) So what works for one may not work for another.
5) Angle the viewer holds the Tablet will affect how the images look. (I find that slightly below center and left of center is the best angle for me to see the whole frame clear in good 3D)
ALL these are very strong factors to consider when deciding if the 3D works.

That said the NEO3DO tablet is a MUST have piece of tech gear that i will be feeding 3D images to and showing off to clients and friends on set today.
I would like to see in next generation tablet have 3D camera front and back preferably a MIO 3D configuration.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 19, 2013
I was skeptical picking one of these up but the concept seemed sound. Very basically, instead of putting on 3d glasses the glasses are put on the tablet. Granted you have to look at the tablet at the correct angle, when you do, its just as good as a 3d tv with glasses which to me is impressive. It does lack 3d content so as of right now its limited in its 3d usage but it works fine as a 2d tablet as well. If and when the 3d media player is able to convert 3d streaming video from vudu and netflix and/or allow you to purchase 3d movies for download this thing will be awesome.
on July 28, 2013
I love technology, but I am very critical and very unforgiving. I have a 3D TV which I love and have been waiting for some glasses free tech to come out on a screen over 2 inches.

After months of rumours and seeing the NEO3DO starting on its production, I knew I had to have a look. The problem was the tablet didn't physically exist and even when it was available getting my hands on one the UK To play with before purchasing may not of even been possible. But it is now available to purchase in the US.

I took a gamble and have to say it is well worth it. As a 2D tablet it holds its own, its fast easy has a great screen and so far has full android capabilities. Then you get to its biggest feature the glasses free 3D, I have to say I was amazed and still am amazed and so is everybody I show. From the 3D content on the device to my own 3d content and even streaming from the worlds biggest online video streaming site. The 3D is immersive with lots of depth and pop. And with new features by the way of firmware it will get better and better.

Even the 2D to 3D video conversion if very impressive.

From a skeptic I cannot rate this tablet highly enough. I just keep picking it up and get lost in the 3D. If your looking for a new tablet, this is the one!!!!
on December 25, 2013
This tablet is superb for 3D and 2D applications! We are very into 3D at our household; we watch 3D movies frequently and I collect and make 3D holograms. This tablet plays true 3D shorts and movies and displays them quite well... without the need for wearing uncomfortable 3D glasses. So, if you are really into 3D... this tablet is for you! For split screen presentations -- that are, for instance, side-by-side (SBS) or over and under -- this unit allows you to match the format and play the 3D application back in the exact orientation that it was designed to function through. The tablet, additionally, allows you to change regular 2D videos and photos into more of a 3D orientation... and, surprisingly, this works rather well. The NEO3DO has great software included that allows you to, for instance, search for videos or photos that are in either 3D or 2D. (When specifically searching for 3D presentations, sometimes it is advantageous to include "SBS" or "over-under" in the search wording.... if one is looking to find 3D works in a specific format.)

We purchased a nice 7" Purple Carrying Case that this tablet fits into (nicely, though it's a tight fit)! The keyboard that is imbedded within the case works flawlessly with the NEO3DO. Amazon carries these cases. Be sure to use a USB 2.0 Type A Female to Micro B Male Adapter Data Cable between the case and the NEO3DO. You also have the option of getting a case that is bluetooth oriented... and the NEO3DO is bluetooth capable... but bluetooth cases are substantially higher in price.

So, if you are into 3D, and want a tablet that is different and "beyond the superficial"... get the NEO3DO. If you like to remain in the superficial and do not like to perceive things in depth... don't get it. ;)
on July 22, 2013
I couldn't believe there was a tablet out there that lets you view video in 3d. When I saw it for the first time I was moving my head out of the way when I thought things were flying in my directions. I have showed it to several of my friends and co-workers and they were all surprised. Beyond that the rest of the tablet is fantastic. I have found it to be easy for me to catch on to how it works (this is my first droid product).

The shipping of the tablet was prompt and everything was intact. I'm excited to see what the Neo3Do has to offer in the future with more videos and apps to build off of the 3D experience.
on December 18, 2013
Verified Purchase
First of all let me say Neo3do's customer service is first rate. The 3d on the tablet is truly impressive. The thing that is important to remember is the quality of the 3d recording is equally as important as the viewing device. I have found if the 3d looks blurred or appears as a double image it is the quality of the file you are viewing that is the cause. This tablet is really cool.
on September 12, 2013
The NEO3DO Android Tablet is the best autostereoscopic 3D tablet on the market! The tablet work in both 2D and glasses free 3D within certain apps. It runs Android (ice cream sandwich) and is surprisingly responsive for an inexpensive cutting edge device. I would wholeheartedly recommend if you enjoy 3D, and even if you don't require the 3d this is actually still a speedy little performer.
on July 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
The tablet came very quickly and the 3d is amazing. I got mine with some samples, one of characters in an anti-gravity environment, which is super to watch.

Anybody who buys this tablet will be very satisfied, in my opinion. The company went out of their way to see that I could get the tablet in as short time as possible, the service was excellent.

I wish there were more 3d demos without animation, but I will get the 3d movies and watch them.

I have been playing with it for about a week and have found it to work well, with anything that any android tablet can do, efficiently and timely.

Neo3do even offered me a tech review of the ability of the tablet by phone.

I am very happy with my purchase and want others to know that this company is definitely worth your time
on September 14, 2013
Verified Purchase
It took a little getting used to the setup of streaming YouTube. The first tablet I got I thought was defective because when I selected which resolution to use (HD 720p) Quality I pressed that selection till the next window came up, which wasn't BI3D but the video player app. So when I got the replacement I just selected (HD 720P) Quality instantly ( I just tapped it.) BI3D came up. DUH! The 3D is very good without the fact I'm not using any glasses. The only downside is the WIFI. I now understand why 5.0 GHZ is not an option on this tablet. (you'd never get a connection) at 2.4 GHZ my neighbor's apartment across the hall has the router in the kitchen which is right next to the outside wall of the hall across from my apartment. Speedtest.net has my download speed at about 1.5mbps and 0.5 mbps uplaod. So I use my mobile hotspot on my Galaxy S 4 to stream YouTube. For those of you that don't know what BI3D is, that's the GPU engine in this tablet that generates the 3D effect. BTW my neighbor's WIFI signal on my desktop is at 66% and has a 21mbps download and 10 mbps upoad. My Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 isn't any better when it comes to WIFI either.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 17, 2014
I have Glasses 3D laptop and Glasses 3D TV. I bought this device to experience with Glasses-Free technology. It does not work. The viewing angle is very narrow. You will see double images, etc. when you move your head. The viewing angle for 3D photo is worse than 3D video. I will give 3-star for viewing 3D video and 1-star for 3D photo. Note that Toshiba Glasses-Free laptop uses its camera to detect your head/eyes then adjust the viewing angle, and it only detect one head/person. This technology can not work for at least 10 years more.

The battery should have 0-star. You can play video for > 2hours. However, it is fully discharge overnight even that you fully charge it and shut it down (not sleep mode). It should use very little charge after you shut it down.

I do not recommend this product or similar product.

Update 12/25/2014
My device had bad battery and I exchanged for another one. The Shutdown mode does not drain the battery like above review (up one star). However, the Sleep mode will drain the battery in 2 to 3 days.
Update on 3D video. The device only play Side-by-Side Half-Width format. It can not play Top-Down format and SBS Full-Width. I have not test 3D Interlace format yet.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations