Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

I am a huge fan of Nikon. I have been looking for quality coffee mugs fashioned as Nikon lenses. I tried a few on Ebay but they were junk. I bought this on a whim and boy was I surprised.

The mug has an incredible quality feel to it. Place it next to the real Nikon lens and you can barely tell the difference. I was simply astonished at the quality. The only problem is a minor design flaw, probably due to the accuracy of the design believe it or not. The only problem is that it is not a sip cup. You have to unscrew the lens cap, which serves as the top of the mug. Sort of inconvenient in the car, but fine in the office.

The inside is stainless steel. At first, there is a smell. Most likely from the manufacturing process. Simply rinse the cup and then leave it full of water overnight, with the top off. It worked for me.
on March 7, 2011
I have a Nikon D5000 and was also looking for a coffee mug. A great item pertaining to details. It doesn't seem 'cheap'. The inside is stainless. One of the cons I would say about this item is that the top makes it hard for travel, especially if you are driving, you have to totally unscrew the top to drink from it. That would make me dock one star down to four. Also, the blue seal inside the cap that prevents it from dripping has fallen out on mine. Otherwise it works and does what it's suppose to. Has no oder either.
on January 13, 2011
This coffee mug is one of the most unique items that can be found for a photographer! At first, I assumed the "workings" of the lens would be rendered nonfunctional, but I was wrong! The lens telescopes as usual, has working switches, and all the bells and whistles. It just doesn't have a lens!

The lid, or should I say lens cap, is complete with an insert that seals around the stainless steel to prevent leaking when on the go.

My best friend was shocked that such a cool item was his when he opened it. I know he'll use it for a long time, and get lots of conversation whenever he uses it.
on August 1, 2011
After reading the previous reviews on this Nikon mug i decided to purchase it. It is exactly that a mug designed to look like a Nikon Lense.

Pro:

1: looks like a Nikon lense (not two close).
2: it is stainless steel on the inside.
3: Neat in appearance.

con:
1: expensive for what you get
2: molded one piece unit on out side (not a con) but expected it to be more functional in appearance.
3: small base. can make it top heavy or tipsy at least
4: drinking from it causes minor spillage down outside of case (needs better lip)
5: removing and installing cap gets old between drinks. (screw type).
6: funky smell (could be materials out-gassing).
on May 4, 2015
Great looking cup that mimics the 24-70mm Nikon lens pretty well. Cap screws on and seals well. Downside would be that the body isn't a vacuum cup and heat/cold easily transfers to your hands. Has a pair of rubber grips (like the real lens) that abate some of this. All in all this makes a great mug for any photographer.
on February 6, 2012
Ok, So I got this cup for my sister for her birthday. I was so excited when I ordered it...then I got it. All the titles and pictures say NIKON! When I received it, it said Nican all over it. That is fine if they can't use the Nikon name but don't false advertise as Nikon if you're Nican. Just looks a little cheap compared to pictures.
on December 22, 2015
I decided to tease my wife by making her think I had purchased another expensive Nikon lens and played up the features of the "lens" - its compactness, weight, build, etc. Then I screwed off the lid and she burst into laughter as she saw it was a mug. It's extremely well made - looks exactly like a lens. The lid, when tightened, is extremely secure - coffee will not spill out. It's a solid mug and extremely sharp-looking and a great conversation piece.
on January 31, 2016
It is a "FUN" coffee mug, I get a little attention with it and have enjoyed pranking with it. I did discover that I am afraid to leave it in the cup holder in the car when I park.It could pass for an expensive lens.
on January 21, 2016
Ehh I was disappointed that this coffee mug doesn't come with a lid that you can drink from. The pictures are misleading because it looks like there's a flip up that opens to the mouth of the mug. However, this mug is purely made to just hold coffee (unless you're willing to drink from the screw rings.
on May 14, 2015
looks perfect. feels great. but not the perfect coffee mug because you have to take the top off to drink and the threads for the screw cap make the coffee drip down your chin a bit. not a deal breaker and I obviously have affection for the product but an opening on the lid would have been great.