Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 15, 2013
This is an awesome deal for the price. I'm writing this connected to the device. I've had mine for a month and it hauls butt.
***ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DISCONNECTS***
If you're experiencing disconnects, go into your settings and change the channel that your router uses. Most routers default to channel 6. Some remotes controls and other appliances and phones in your area may use other channels like 4 or 7. Signal interference is the #1 cause of drop outs. Test your channels. If your signal drops, change the channel. At my office Channel 7 works best. At my house, channel 2 works best. Channel 2 does not work well at my office, and vice versa. CHANGE THE DEFAULT CHANNEL YOUR WIFI ROUTER TRANSMITS if you want to stop random dropouts. PEACE
on March 25, 2010
I do not have time to write a long review but I can tell you this Router works lot better than my previous D-Link and Link-sys, which kept disconnecting once a while somehow. But I do not have any problem with this unit. Signal is good, I have N, G and even B wireless devices and it works on all and all together; never had to reset it since I bought it.
on June 10, 2012
This is a great router and is easy to set up out of the box. These people complaining about the fact that it does not come with a CD seem to not notice that it is REFURBISHED. Even beyond that, you do not need the software to set it up. You plug the cable from your modem(or other router)into the wan port then power it on. Type in [...] in your browser, default login and password is admin/password. Make your changes and it's running.

The software and manuals are available on netgears web site. If it is that difficult for you to set up you need to find someone to help you. This thing is a piece of cake.
on August 25, 2012
It's been an amazing experience with flashing Netgear routers to dd-wrt. Normally, I use router Netgear WNR2000v1. It's working fairly. Then, I learned that model WNR2000v2 allows users to set a GUEST SSID so that any guest coming to your home can share internet access without interference with your home SSID network. It's interesting to me, so I purchased a Netgear WNR2000v2. Unfortunately, I got a defective router model WNR2000v2. It works fairly as same as my old router WNR2000v1 but its wireless N connection dropping anytime. I found this problem too late to return the item for refund or replacement. I google and learned that dd-wrt firmware support Netgear WNR2000v2 router, so I downloaded dd-wrt firmware and flashed router to dd-wt hoping that wireless N connection would be stable. DD-WRT firmware helps the Netgear WNR2000v2 with improving to its full 300Mbps rate BUT does not help the router with its defective wireless connection. Sometimes, I still realize that wireless connection drops down that causes my computer to get disconnection with router. I google again and found that TomatoUSB firmware also support Netgear routers, so I downloaded TomatoUSB firmware with the instruction that users must flash Netgear routers to dd-wrt first and then upgrade firmware to TomatoUSB. My Netgear WNR2000v2 already flashed to dd-wrt, so I simply upgraded router firmware to TomatoUSB. Voila, the router also works faster with its full 300Mbps speed and even better with stability of wireless connection, no matter what kind of wireless connection B,G or N. Honestly, it has been an amazing experience with Open Source Firmware to me.
on July 25, 2013
I've been extremely happy with my Netgear factory refurbished N300 wireless Wi-Fi router. I've been using it for several months now and is worked extremely well. I have many devices that run off of it all over the house and it does not let me down ever. I would highly recommend this router to anyone who needs an inexpensive router that works wonderfully.
on June 18, 2014
I can't imagine that setting up a router could be easier. In that sense, this is as good as you can get.

I would rate the signal strength as average; if there are lots of walls between you and the router, you may find a reduced signal is the norm. For more open spaces, it's fine. Also, needless to say, the closer you are the better. And of course, the signal will go through sheetrock more reliably than concrete or brick.

The price is very reasonable; you're paying for the software; the construction is as cheap and flimsy as you can get. Most children's toys are made better than this. The upright design makes it a spacesaver but it could be a lot more solid and the exterior a lot more durable.
on July 7, 2014
The web gui is limited in features. there is no single quick way to add MAC address filters without writing down the MAC address first and entering manually. Some routers have a feature where you can go to attached wireless devices click the mac and add to mac filter list. not this one. QOS does not seem to really work. I have set my sons macbook to low priority in an attempt to prevent it from sucking all the bandwidth, but it does not seem to help. At least i have not had to constantly reboot this router like I have had to do with many of the other brands. its pretty dependable. last comment, don't attempt to use repeater function with multiple wnr2000 routers. I tried and it just seemed to slow all connections and cause unreliable performance.
on October 23, 2014
I decent router for it's time though I've recently upgraded to better technology. I never had any issues with this router. My only complaint would be it's range through multiple walls in a 2-story house. I had a Roku which had connection issues at times.
on December 30, 2012
As part of getting internet into our Church building, I needed a unit that would not "scream" router, but will have good signal (I'm only utilizing the access point feature of this unit) . This unit was placed at top of one of the building columns and a straight shot with no obstructions to the end our furthest classroom. This unit only dropped one bar at this distance (approximately 250ft.). Plus the band youth leader was also able to get signal within one of the older rooms built of brick and mortar. Needless to say, I'm impressed with the product.
review image
on May 14, 2010
I bought the Netgear 300 router and adapter (sold separately) to broadcast/receive a signal from the second floor of my condo to the 1st... maybe 45 feet away at most. I decided on a little overkill, and I have gotten killer speeds. Online gaming is no problem, downloading large files takes no time at all. I would highly recommend this setup, after pouring over amazon reviews and considering how wary I was of wireless hardware.

After doing all the research, and knowing I hated Belkin and wasn't going that route, I finally broke down at best buy and nabbed the netgear package. Setting things up wasn't too painful, and I have not been disappointed yet (after 2 weeks). Now, if only my comcast connection was as reliable! Good luck!