5.0 out of 5 stars The new standard for high end dual band WIFI routers!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:49 Mins
Published 6 months ago by jjceo

1.0 out of 5 stars Look Elsewhere
Published 6 months ago by Mak44

5.0 out of 5 stars The new standard for high end dual band WIFI routers!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 8:49 Mins

This is the best wireless WIFI router available at this time (IMHO). I had a very good router installed in my home and a secondary powerful AP (Access Point) that covers several acres of land. I can get a WIFI connection in some directions almost 500 yards away from my home. I removed that primary router (ASUS) and installed this one and then I took signal strength readings on the 2.4 GHz band at varying distances within my home and on different floors. The results show that on longer distances this router's WIFI signal strength is more than 10 times stronger than the one I removed. I will post that detailed data later.

When you unbox this router you will be shocked at its size. It is more than twice as large as my other routers and it takes up a lot of desktop real estate. Its performance makes it worth it though, especially if you have a larger home and need longer transmission distances.

What's in the box?
* A high quality Ethernet cable to go from your cable modem to the WIFI router. The cable is 60 inches long.
* An AC power supply to power the router. It is rated to operate from 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. It is UL approved. The cable is 74.5 inches long from the tip of the AC plugs to the tip of the DC output plug. The power supply outputs 12 VDC at 3.5 Amps.
* Three adjustable antennas that can be used to adjust the directionally of the WIFI coverage. They are also used to amplify the WIFI signal output from the router.
* A brief instruction manual
* There is no detailed user manual or disk included. (My only negative)

On the top of the unit is a label and there is also one on the bottom that list the name of the default SSID and the network password key. On the back of the unit you will find:
* Three gold plated screw on antenna connections.
* A recessed reset push button.
* Four Ethernet LAN ports rated at 10/100/1000 to allow up to a gigabit Ethernet connection which is ideal for the faster wired data communication speeds.
* One yellow WAN Ethernet port that is to be wired to the output of the cable modem.
* A USB port for use as an input/output for a network printer, external thumb drive or and external HDD for backups.
* A power On/Off button for the router
* The power input jack

On the front of the router is a USB 3.0 port for connecting your devices like a USB flash drive or a HDD for back up processes. Since it is a USB 3.0 port save it for your faster speed requirements and use the slower USB 2.0 port on the back for items like your network printer. On the bottom of the router are labels that provide you with the factory SSID name, SSID password, Router admin password user name and admin password. If you change them to another value, WRITE THEM DOWN!

The antennas are adjustable to allow you to adjust the WIFI transmission to achieve the best coverage for you home. There are several good WIFI Analyzer Apps available for your tablet that will help you to measure signal strength, look for open channels that you should use for a better signal and to help you possibly adjust your antennas. The beamforming+ functionality will help improve the coverage area of the WIFI network. This router will provide adequate coverage for most homes.

This router has a 1 GHz dual core processor that helps speed up data communication and the use of the Admin functions. This was obvious to me while using the Netgear Genie software. This faster CPU speed is also ideal for fast gaming situations and the streaming of HD video. It provides faster and stronger WIFI signals with less stalling, stuttering and buffering.

In addition this is a dual band router that provides a 2.4 GHz WIFI and a 5 GHz WIFI. This allows you to use the 5 GHz WIFI for video streaming and you will be able to control the video feed as well as you would a DVD player for fast forwarding, fast reversing and pausing. You can also split the workload between bands to maximize the speeds of the different tasks you are doing. For example, you can be backing up a computer using WIFI to a server while streaming HD video on the other bandwidth. This router is capable of up to 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz WIFI and up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz channel. In my experience you will get much faster streaming on the 5 GHz WIFI but better range on the 2.4 GHz WIFI.

This router also has programmable QOS (Quality Of Service) settings where you can prioritize certain applications like gaming or video streaming and assign the bandwidth you want to set aside for those applications. Some applications are critical for bandwidth considerations like VOIP, fast action gaming and streaming HD quality video.

Here are some of my experiences from setting this router up:

1. No disk is included in the kit and one is not needed to install the router to your internet. I did find though that I had several critical system components like 3 servers and an older laser printer that were set with Static IP addresses. The router would not connect to those items and I had to use multiple tricks to get them to properly communicate. Having a good instruction manual would have saved me a lot of time. I recommend that your make sure that ALL STATIC IP ADDRESSES are set to dynamic before you install this router.
2. It was fast and easy to set up and use with the internet connection. Let the wizard do the work.
3. This is a big router and it will require a lot of desktop space. It is about two times bigger than my existing router.
4. I have a lot of Netgear equipment in my home and I also purchased it for my company years ago. Why because it is reliable and it worked properly for years and so I knew there had to be a way to get the router to do whatever I needed to accomplish.
5. Upon connecting this router it fired up its Wizard and walked me through getting connected to my cable modem, then that was it. Very simple and fast.
6. It works perfectly with my ROKU and always allowed the highest resolution of video to be streamed without any buffering or stuttering.

Here is my test data of signal strength versus distance. Some of these measurements even involved shooting through several floors of my home. All measurements were made on the 2.4 GHz WIFI band:

Position-----Distance in feet-----Old ASUS WIFI signal strength-----Netgear WIFI signal strength
A-------------10---------------------------minus 50 dBm----------------------- minus 48 dBm
B-------------20---------------------------minus 50 dBm----------------------- minus 50 dBm
C-------------30---------------------------minus 58 dBm----------------------- minus 54 dBm
D-------------45---------------------------minus 70 dBm----------------------- minus 61 dBm
E-------------65---------------------------minus 74 dBm------------------------ minus 66 dBm

Please remember that the smaller the number the stronger the signal. As you can see the two unit's WIFI signals were very similar on the up close distances but the Netgear began to shine on the longer distances. At the 65 foot range and shooting though a floor the Netgear was more than 10 times stronger signal than the ASUS. Remember the units are logarithmic.

This router changed the network address for itself to 10.0.0.1 so all of the addresses for every wired and wireless device in your home must be changed. That is why I strongly recommend that you set all of the devices to DHCP settings for dynamic IP address assignment.

I rated this router as a 5 star item and I recommend it. I do look forward to the insertion of a manual or a manual on a CD.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just... Holy... Crap!, October 19, 2013
David "Digital Dave" (San Jose, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
My Experience: 19 years in the IT industry as a Systems Administrator. I have worked for the largest companies on the planet (IBM, HP, Intel) and then did 10 years in the start-up world. I know how to put a network together. I know what works and I know when it doesn't.

Like a lot of the reviewers here, most of us seem to be coming from either older routers or replacing Asus routers (at an alarming rate I might add from what I have been reading.)

Like a lot of you, I am ALSO replacing an ASUS Router I have had for about a year now. It's not that I wasn't okay with the Asus router I just needed more from the router!

I live on the East Coast and I have a tri-tiered house and getting a signal to the basement has been a challenge. I ended up having to put in a powerline Network (el-sucko when it comes to speed) and wanted to improve that throughput several times over. I also have, at times 3 kids who LOVE (and I mean LOVE) videos and online gaming over a wireless connection. I needed a router that could keep up and going from a single core CPU router to a dual core with TWICE the throughput sounded like what I needed as my house has the following (all talking to my router):

- 4 Roku's (HD)
- 4-6 phones
- 6 tablets
- 4 DVR's
- 4 TV's (wireless and LAN)
- 4 Blu Ray players (firmware updates)
- 2 Surround Sound systems (firmware updates)
- 2 gaming systems (if you have teenagers, you have gaming systems): 1 - XBOX 360 and One PS3. Both wirless connections.
- 3-4 laptops (depends on which kids happen to be home)
- 1 Desktop machine (mine, multiple NIC's and active connections)
... and I believe a Partridge in a pear tree (up in the attic!)

Bottom line... I have a hell of a lot of things that have to talk to the router who are constantly chewing data. I needed more and I needed more fast!

For me to purchase a new Netgear router took A LOT! I have been VERY disappointed with Netgears offerings as of late as prior to my Asus router purchase I had Netgears 'other' TOTL router, the R6250 Smart WiFi Router. That router was so bad, I had to take it back to the store once AND had to return the router to Netgear once (so x2 total) because it kept dropping connections and rebooting... all on its own. I had (up until that point) never had a router perform that bad. It blew...

That said, it looks like Netgear has FINALLY listened to me! I wanted router that had a dual core processor and could cover my ENTIRE house or at least "talk" to my access point consistently without 'losing the connection' every time the wind blew.

I do want to say upfront, I did look at the new Asus "super router" which also sports a dual core processor but I read a few reviews over on Newegg and it just doesn't seem like it's as good as what Netgear is offering (I know... mind blown also!) - [...] - so I decided to give this spaceship a try.

I bought this from my local Best Buy store as if it sucked I wanted to be able to take it back and not have to mess with the shipping.

Like a lot of people state here this router is twice the size of any router out there (but looks really cool!). I honestly like it better since the cooling of the router seems to be much better especially when we're cranking multiple video streams to multiple devices throughout my house. I can also tell you that after getting it hooked up and set up on the 'inter-tubes' I've noticed that even my wired LAN speed seems to be much smoother (not necessarily faster but smoother) than it was on my top-tier Asus router.

Setup of this device was ridiculously easy. Actually easier than most other routers that I've set up over the years. I changed a IP addressing range and subnet, change the password, plug it in, and off I went.

So far this has been an absolute pleasure to work with! That said I'll see how it is in a couple of weeks but the smoothness of this router and the wireless speed I now get throughout the house is better than anything I'd had before.

I'm not getting rid of my Asus router just yet. What I'm going to do is actually use it as an AP point in the basement after purchasing some very large antenna extenders so that I can get rid of the powerline adapter that I have down there. I believe any kind of wireless connection is going to be 10 times faster than the powerline adapter that I have down there right now.

The only word of caution I have for Netgear is don't screw up the firmware updates! Netgear has a tendency of putting out updates that actually cause the router to become unstable over a period of time. I just want any Netgear folks who happen to be reading this review to 'take note' of that. You put out a really nice product, probably the best product you have put out in several years... Don't screw it up!

Again, if you're looking for a router that can handle all the devices that you have in your house especially when it comes to mobile and video you need to pull out your Visa and get this baby in your home. Going to Best Buy and purchasing a $30 router and then hooking up 20 to 30 devices to it just doesn't cut it.

So far... A pleasure.

If you're in the market for a new router or you just need more than your current router can provide, so far, I have to recommend this router. I'm actually stunned it's this good.

//Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing.. and here is why, January 14, 2014
Ron (Maryland) - See all my reviews
This router is exactly what my family needed. I will give you a brief summary of our use and how it might apply to you.

In our home we have Verizon Fios 75/35 and have been using the supplied Actiontec router for the past several years. Because my kids have gotten tablets recently and are constantly streaming Netflix, I have seen a decline in my wireless quality for my own use. I initially tried purchasing the newer wireless N router from Verizon, but that only gave a slight boost in my speed, if any. I also recently purchased an Nvidia Shield and needed a 5ghz AC router in order to take full advantage of the PC game streaming ability. At our highest usage we will have the following electronics connected wireless:

Xbox One ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless N )
Playstation 4 ( Capable of up to 2.4ghz wireless N )
Ipad Air ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless N )
Nexus 7 ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless N )
Kindle Fire HD ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless N )
2X Galaxy S4 Phones ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless AC )
Nvidia Shield ( Capable of up to 5ghz wireless AC )
Laptop with a recently added dual band wireless AC card

With only one of these devices connected, using my supplied Fios router I was lucky to get 20/15 and that was close to the router. If I tried to go upstairs with a tablet my speeds would take a severe plunge to as low as 5mbs download speed. Needless to say, I have been searching for a better solution. Just on a side note, my speed on my PC when connected by ethernet averages 85/40

After a ton of research my choices were narrowed down to three routers. The Netgear R7000, Asus RT-AC68U, and the Asus RT-AC66U. All three routers are fairly close in price, with the AC68U currently being the highest and the AC66U the lowest but also the oldest of the three routers.In the end it came down to the AC68U and the Netgear R7000. I'm not going to post all the specifics here but I will lead you to one of my sources so you can do your own research and make a logical decision for which you feel is right for you.

[...]

The above website is a comparison between the Asus 68U and the Netgear R7000, and from my personal opinion is one of the best articles I have found during my research. I obviously went with the Netgear, but I will say it was a tough choice and I am sure the Asus performs very well and neither could be a bad choice.

After researching various options I chose to keep my Fios router as a modem and disable wireless then bridge my Netgear to my Actiontec and use the Netgear as a wireless access point. Using this option I was able to keep my Verizon Fios TV guide, on demand, and DVR working as normal. If you try and take the actiontec router out completely, just keep in mind that you will loose some or all of those TV features.

All of that might sound confusing, it did for me.. but it's really not. Use the link below to research your various options and decide which is best for you. Then just follow the steps listed and you will have it running in no time.

[...]

So how did this all work out in the end? Very very well and extremely pleased. It took me around 20 mins to set up the new router following those directions. After I applied all my new settings I then updated the Netgears firmware. For some reason I wasn't able to use the " search internet for upgrade" so I just went to the Netgear support page and downloaded the file and manually inserted it, worked like a charm.

I live in a 2 story, 5400 Square foot home and regardless of where I am in the house I cannot loose a single bar. My signal is so strong and fast regardless of what device I use. I can even go outside in my yard and I am still able to maintain all the signal bars. Using my Galaxy S4 and my Nvidia shield i am able to get over 80mbs download speed ( keep in mind both of those devices take advantage of wireless AC ) My shield just gave me 85/39 with a 18ms ping after running another test just now.

And speaking of the Nvidia Shield, what a great device it is. I won't get into how much I love my Shield, because I do :)
I picked mine up from a different retailer on a special and don' regret it one bit. I know it hasn't caught on much but someone out here might be interested to know that this router works flawlessly with Shield. Another reason I purchased this router, because it is listed on the Nvidia website as a recommended game stream router. Using my fios router my pc game streaming my choppy and barely playable on my Shield. Using this Netgear router I can now stream perfectly without a hiccup. I have been playing Batman Origins and Borderlands 2 streaming from my PC all day and I couldn't be more satisfied.

So all in all, I would obviously recommend this router to anyone with similar needs. Don't let some of the negative reviews steer you away like it almost did to me. I would have to suspect that either those people were unfortunate enough to get a defective unit, or they did not know how to set up properly because I have had zero issues. Drop me a line if you need any help or advice on setting this thing up, I will do my best to assist. I hope you leave this review knowing you are making a worthy purchase. Good luck!

*****

So I guess Amazon wont let you post links.

Google this " Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router? "

and go to the website dslreports for the instructions on setting up the router.

Google this " AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U "

for the comparison article on the two routers from small net builder.

*****

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Reliable, October 4, 2013
Earlier this year my $200 ASUS router started dying. From all the problems I had with that router I was ready for something different. Before it I had one of the highly regarded D-Link 4100 gaming routers and love it until it died after about 2 years (seems the norm for consumer level routers). Well, I tried out the latest D-Link gaming router and HATED it! It was a seriously dumbed down router, definitely NOT for the power user types, like it's predecessor. Plus many of my wireless devices didn't work well with it. D-Link tried to say it was a defective router, but I wasn't convinced nor did I want to put up with RMA process. I sent it back for a refund.

Now, I have the newest router from Netgear, the R7000 "Nighthawk" router. WOW! This little (little? that's a joke...) router is FAST compared to many of the routers I've dealt with. It's newer CPU really does pay off whether working in it's admin pages, or by using it's connectivity. Spoiler: I'm a professional IT guy, and mess with routers on all levels almost every day. From a few home routers, to much larger and more complex enterprise routers. I don't have the level of knowledge of a Cisco Certified technician, but I do know my stuff. I've toyed with the idea of using a much more business level router at home, but like to have fun at home and try equipment I don't usually mess with at work. So I buy the higher end of home routers for my house.

Upon connecting this router it fired up it's "wizard" and walked me through getting connected to my cable modem, then that was it. It was 100% good to go. But, being the person I am, I didn't leave it alone. Dove right into the settings, played around a bit with the basic settings. They were impressive and simple. Then jumped into the advanced settings, and found what I'm much more used to in a router that a REAL power user type would buy. Settings for all types of different connections and wireless setups. As much as you'd find on any top end router (except for the newer D-Link P.O.S. routers!) The layout makes a LOT of sense and is easy to navigate. One feature that impressed me was the semi-automatic firmware update. There was a text bubble in the top bar of the admin pages letting me know one was available. Found it in the admin pages and clicked one button, then the router automatically downloaded the firmware and updated it without me doing anything else. Why haven't more routers been able to do this in the years past? You'd think it would be a simple trick. Hats off to Netgear for finally getting this feature in their routers.

I use Netgear switches quite a bit in my work, because I like their stability and longevity. But had not tried their consumer level routers until now. Their business level routers are beasts as far as features, and was afraid I'd see the same here and didn't want that complexity at home. Not so much as I'd feared if not actually quite a bit more simple and easy to use. But they do include everything that's needed and make it very simple to operate. Not too fancy and not too much. Fast and easy, well laid out in the admin pages and properly labeled so you don't have to spend time trying to figure out what in the World they were trying to provide. Most settings provide automatic setup and updates, or manual whichever you prefer. Very nice touches on these settings. The router physically is BIG, you could fit two normal routers or more in the same space. I've found though that this big case allows the router to run MUCH cooler than the other high end routers I've tried in the past. I believe that will lead to a much longer life expectancy.

If you're in the market for a high end router for gaming or a full house of connectivity, this is your router. Hands down!

1.0 out of 5 stars Look Elsewhere, October 9, 2013
Editing my review from 5 Stars to 1 Star because this router can not keep a reliable 5GHz connection. I believe this to be a software issue/glitch because it has happened on (2) R7000 routers. Also let me add that Netgear support sucks donkey nutters. They are rude and arrogant and try to get rid you you ASAP (phone and live chat). This reminded my why I gave up on Netgear products 4 years ago - but I decided to give them another chance and it looks like they haven't changed a bit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Hardware, Poor Firmware, November 29, 2013
Travis Kale (Pontiac, IL United States) - See all my reviews
First all this review is based on the latest firmware update as of 11/25/2013. Initial setup was easy, I'm a techie though. Initial performance was amazing, blazing fast speed. Torture tested the router and it played 5 HD streams cross network simultaneously without issue. The 5 GHZ band was not very good at penetrating fully through the house but I think this is typical of all routers. The 2.4 GHZ band reached everywhere with excellent signal. Was happy until... After a week of use I tried to log in into the management utility (192.168.1.1), I could reach the management utility but each page took literally 10 minutes to load. Other network features worked, fine, internet and file transfer over network was still blazing fast. I tried rebooting, still slow, Tried cycling power, no go. Tried using the reset button feature, held down for more than 7 seconds, the router did not reset to factory defaults because the password I changed it to still worked afterwards rather than default "password". Waited patiently to reset to factory settings from the admin page. After resetting to factory defaults through admin page, I was never able to reach the admin page again. Now a $200 brick. Sent back for refund. Possibly just a firmware issue that could of been worked out through tech support, but I didn't spend $200 to spend my weekend fiddling with beta software. I want something solid, this product is to be avoided for now.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Firmware issues caused me to return this awful router. DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL!, November 19, 2013
MAJOR problems with the firmware that left me with no choice but to return it after a few days. The wired connectivity is outstanding, but it's the wireless issues that forced me to return this piece of junk. I wish I would have read the other negative reviews before buying. I have the N600 (WNDR3700) and wanted to take advantage of the 802.11ac that I now have. The problems I had with extreme slowness weren't only with the 802.11ac, but with ALL wireless devices that I own, connected and tested (802.11n and dual band n). No matter what settings you play with, tweak or change, simple connectivity to the router itself would peak at no more than 65-100 megabits and would NEVER increase beyond that. Also, the router lost connectivity altogether and even randomly rebooted itself many times. These are known problems that others have had now that I read their reviews and checked numerous tech forums.
Trust me folks, I changed every possible setting and even had a network engineer friend of mine check me and my tweaks and settings. I also had him to test it, but the results were the same on his end.
I had such high hopes for this router and was excited by everything it offered. But... Until Netgear either scraps this model altogether or makes some major firmware changes, it is simply junk and an absolute handicap to your network. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand. That's exactly what I'm going to do. I love my N600 but Netgear has lost me as a customer after releasing this R7000 disaster.
Netgear, how you could release a product out the gate with such major flaws is beyond me. It's going to be a long, long time before I consider one of your routers again. You guys have work to do and the numerous bad reviews show it.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 20, 2013 7:49:47 AM PST
Hi GT,

We're sorry to hear about the issues you were having with the slow speeds on the WiFi connections. As you can see from many of the other reviews this is not what other users are experiencing, and we apologize for the problems you faced with your specific unit. We understand that you have already returned the router, but hope that we can win back your businesss in the future.

Regards,

Netgear Team

1.0 out of 5 stars Epic fail! Constant dropped connections, sending it back!, November 14, 2013
C. Prendergast (Wilimsburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
It drops connection at least once a day and needs to be unplugged and reset with the firmware it shipped with. Upgraded to the new firmware and it would not keep a steady connection to the Internet for wireless or wired connections for more than 15 minutes. I'm sending it straight back and going to try an Asus. Netgear has been trouble in the past. I should have learned my lesson.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars several firmware problems, Netgear Support Experts struggling to assist, November 26, 2013
Stephan Woessmann (Grand Rapids, MI USA) - See all my reviews
The router was easily set up and configured, just the long delays when applying changes to the configuration are annoying. A new firmware update was also available.

Within a few hours, I found several problems that I did not have with my previous Linksys/Cisco router. There are still some major problems with the router firmware!

1) Netflix streaming on the Apple TV is poorly working, e.g., picture quality drops to the lowest possible. I eliminated wireless channel conflicts and tried all combinations of the WMM QoS & Downstream QoS without success. The Internet bandwidth is not the problem, everything works fine when using my old router by itself and even with the old router configured in bridge mode and connected to the R7000. The same problem also exists when streaming on the internal network from a PC, e.g., iTunes Home Sharing.

2) Another firmware software bug, but not a big deal, the Traffic Meter, which is supposed to count the traffic to the Internet to avoid extra charges from your provider, is also counting the local traffic. When copying lots of data between devices, it shuts down the connection when the limit is reached. It is sad that this functionality is being offered and it has not been tested, noticed, & corrected.

3) The DynDNS update fails when alternative DNS servers are being used. It seems that Netgear is using some uncommon way to connect to DynDNS. I can work around it, but it is odd that this works fine with the old router.

I first reviewed the discussion forums and also the knowledgebase articles. After trying all applicable suggestions, I contacted Netgear support.

The Netgear Support Experts look for keywords in the problem description and then provide you with the knowledgebase articles that you already looked at. They do not check, if the article really applies, e.g., one recommendation in regards to the DynDNS problem was to contact Vizio support. I had never mentioned Vizio and I do not have a Vizio TV.

I have been communicating back and forth on each of the cases by now, each time with a different Support Expert, but the first level support of knowledgebase search work is not going anywhere.

I can only hope that eventually the second level support will take over and can come up with some help.

If this does not happen, I will have to return this expensive device and give Asus or Linksys/Belkin a chance.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 29, 2013 11:46:41 AM PST
Hi Stephan,

We thank you for your patience and want to ensure that your issues are taken care of. You can follow up with us at amazon@netgear.com if support is unable to resolve your problems -- we're here to help and want you to be 100% satisfied with your R7000!

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

1.0 out of 5 stars Recommend Holding Purchase Until Netgear Works Out A Major Bug!, November 22, 2013
I purchased this modem a few weeks ago. I was very happy and impressed with it UNTIL I STARTED TO HAVE INTERMITTENT CONNECTIVITY for the past few days (wired connections . . I am not using the wireless functionality). When I swap in my old CISCO RV220W, I have no issues . . . swap back to the Netgear R7000 and the connectivity issues start again . . have rebooted, reset and reapplied firmware . . problem still persists.

Looking in the Netgear Forums, many other users are complaining of the same issue and they are saying that the Netgear Support Line is not offering up solutions that resolve the problem.

Amazon says I have until January to return this router. I'm going to put my CISCO back in service and see if Netgear comes out with a firmware fix in the next few weeks. If not, this device is getting returned.

ARRAY(0xa148b690)