Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Style Name: Outdoor Shell|Change

on April 15, 2013
I ordered one of these with additional cameras (so I received free shipping)from vuezone.com directly and noticed that the "retail" price of this item is $39.99 not the 49.99 stated at Amazon. Maybe they will see this and update their info. to match the correct retail price. The item worked as expected and it has been up for almost a year and has done good job in all types of weather that we have here in the northeast.
on August 11, 2013
I put my new vue zone camera outside monitoring my dogs kennel. My camera was protected when the rain came through my area and I was able to monitor my dog several times a day while I was half way across the United States . The bad weather stayed out and the camera was as dry as could be. This product works.
on August 11, 2013
I wanted a camera system for my condo that would provide basic camera protection, in addition to an alarm. These little cameras fit the bill exactly- easy to setup & install, most of the configuration is online. You just pair them with the base station and stick 'em to he wall. You log on to Netgear's service to view 'em from anywhere. Computer or smartphone. Pretty neat.

The picture can be a little grainy from a distance (15'), so mount them near where you want them to be monitoring. the "Night Vision Camera" ( a 2 piece setup, a IR lamp and a separate camera) work especially well- you can place the lamp up near where it is needed, and have the camera back a ways. I'm going to install 2 exterior cameras in the optional shells and I cannot say how well that will go until I do it, but so far, I'm impressed.

PROS:
Inexpensive
Easy to configure
Easy to view
Surprisingly good color image when properly located
No DVR to futz with
You can view data saved from Netgear's website (easy playback, too)
You can configure "alarms" when a camera senses aciviy

CONS:
Do not expect 1080p dynamic pictures
Kind of an odd thing for guests to see hanging from an entryway corner
on August 25, 2013
This bracket simply does not work well. It can only hold the camera for short periods of time. Twice the suction came loose and I found the camera on the floor. The camera is durable and still works, but I will not use this hanger again. I tried hanging it somewhere else, WITHOUT the camera on there and the suction come came loose and it fell within 15 minutes. They need a good suction mount like a GPS uses.
on March 14, 2013
This purchase was exactly as described in the website. Installation was very easy and I had installed, the camera loaded and working in about 15 minutes. Good economical way to keep an eye on your property.
on July 2, 2016
Netgear(R)

Dear Valued Customer,

This letter serves as formal notification that NETGEAR, Inc. will be discontinuing the VueZone Services on December 31, 2017. We will continue to support the VueZone Services until this date in order to allow for future planning by our VueZone customers.

After December 31, 2017, the following will apply:

- All VueZone hardware products including base station and camera will cease to communicate with the VueZone back end

- Any videos and photos you have saved in the VueZone cloud will not be retrievable

- Access to the VueZone web application (my.vuezone.com) and to the VueZone mobile applications will be unavailable to all customers

- VueZone service plans will no longer be supported and no service plan fees will be charged after this date

- NETGEAR Customer Support will no longer provide technical support for VueZone products

For more information on the discontinuance of the VueZone Services, including a step-by-step guide on how to retrieve your videos and photos from the VueZone cloud, please visit our FAQ page.

We know this may come as disappointing news to our VueZone users, but discontinuing VueZone and allocating VueZone resources to our Arlo Smart Home Security System is consistent with NETGEAR's practice of providing cutting-edge networking products that connect people, power businesses, and advance the way we live. NETGEAR appreciates and values our customers, and we are eager to supply your future product requirements with our world-class quality product lines.

Best Regards,
NETGEAR, Inc.
July 1, 2016
on March 2, 2014
I love this product. It's super easy to install. Easy to use once installed and give me what I need which is basically an ability to monitor my home from anywhere at anytime. Pretty cool.

The only things I would want in the future is a higher res camera and longer battery operating life.
on May 2, 2013
Fairly strong and material seems strong enough but the pricing is a little bit more than I would like to this type of option. Since is one of a kind, and you want it outside, you are kind of stuck, yet it works just fine.
on June 17, 2014
The system will ONLY record from 1-camera at a time. So, when recording from 1-motion sensor camera ALL of the other cameras are disabled. If you have motion/action in 2 or more rooms at the same time, this system will ONLY record from 1 camera.

I called NETGEAR to find out why the system would not record from more than 1 camera. They said this is a monitoring system NOT a security system. That's it!!!

So, I returned everything and got a "real" system.
on July 14, 2015
The clear plastic cases I bought work fine and mount easy. My only complaint is that vendors jacked the price to more than double whet I paid when the mounting cases were ready available. Something's wrong when the mounting case costs more than the cameras.