5.0 out of 5 stars Great item but Retail Price is $39.99 !
Published 20 months ago by James F. Snider

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but weak performance.
Published 16 months ago by Akita Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item but Retail Price is $39.99 !, April 15, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
I ordered one of these with additional cameras (so I received free shipping)from vuezone.com directly and noticed that the "retail" price of this item is $39.99 not the 49.99 stated at Amazon. Maybe they will see this and update their info. to match the correct retail price. The item worked as expected and it has been up for almost a year and has done good job in all types of weather that we have here in the northeast.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but weak performance., August 25, 2013
This bracket simply does not work well. It can only hold the camera for short periods of time. Twice the suction came loose and I found the camera on the floor. The camera is durable and still works, but I will not use this hanger again. I tried hanging it somewhere else, WITHOUT the camera on there and the suction come came loose and it fell within 15 minutes. They need a good suction mount like a GPS uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weather resistant vue zone outdoor camera case, August 11, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
I put my new vue zone camera outside monitoring my dogs kennel. My camera was protected when the rain came through my area and I was able to monitor my dog several times a day while I was half way across the United States . The bad weather stayed out and the camera was as dry as could be. This product works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good by pricey, May 2, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
Fairly strong and material seems strong enough but the pricing is a little bit more than I would like to this type of option. Since is one of a kind, and you want it outside, you are kind of stuck, yet it works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, basic home camera system, August 11, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
I wanted a camera system for my condo that would provide basic camera protection, in addition to an alarm. These little cameras fit the bill exactly- easy to setup & install, most of the configuration is online. You just pair them with the base station and stick 'em to he wall. You log on to Netgear's service to view 'em from anywhere. Computer or smartphone. Pretty neat.

The picture can be a little grainy from a distance (15'), so mount them near where you want them to be monitoring. the "Night Vision Camera" ( a 2 piece setup, a IR lamp and a separate camera) work especially well- you can place the lamp up near where it is needed, and have the camera back a ways. I'm going to install 2 exterior cameras in the optional shells and I cannot say how well that will go until I do it, but so far, I'm impressed.

PROS:
Inexpensive
Easy to configure
Easy to view
Surprisingly good color image when properly located
No DVR to futz with
You can view data saved from Netgear's website (easy playback, too)
You can configure "alarms" when a camera senses aciviy

CONS:
Do not expect 1080p dynamic pictures
Kind of an odd thing for guests to see hanging from an entryway corner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item., March 14, 2013
Item really works well. Have not have any instances of it dropping off of the window. Only downside is I think it is overpriced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for what you get., March 2, 2014
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
I love this product. It's super easy to install. Easy to use once installed and give me what I need which is basically an ability to monitor my home from anywhere at anytime. Pretty cool.

The only things I would want in the future is a higher res camera and longer battery operating life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Accessory, July 6, 2013
Daniel "24valve" (chandler, texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
When I purchased my camera kit, I received one outdoor shell. It worked so well on my front porch that I wanted another one for my patio entrance. Great product.....planning to buy more!

5.0 out of 5 stars The MSRP is only $39, not $49, June 18, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
It's a great quality products, but amazon needs to updated their price. It retails for $39.99 with the manufacture and on most other sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clamshell Revew, March 14, 2013
Dan Love "D Love" (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NETGEAR VueZone Outdoor Shell (VZMS2050) (Electronics)
This purchase was exactly as described in the website. Installation was very easy and I had installed, the camera loaded and working in about 15 minutes. Good economical way to keep an eye on your property.