5.0 out of 5 stars Good router, would recommend.
I bought two Netgear WNR3500L Routers with USB, Manufacturer Refurbished from Amazon, after reading some reviews. Flashed one with DD-WTR for my own use with no problems, it works just fine, like the features.
Published 4 months ago by Scott W. Leyshon

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for the first couple of months then it stopped
For the time that it worked it worked well. Stopped working after a couple of months though.

Started as lagging Internet and then boom stopped working completely out of nowhere. I tried everything to fix it, resetting, updating software etc with no avail. Try to get something better even if it means paying a little more.
Published 19 days ago by Jean Luis Urena

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good router, would recommend., June 9, 2014
This review is from: NETGEAR WNR3500L RangeMax Wireless-N300 Gigabit Router with USB - Manufacturer Refurbished (Electronics)
The other I use at a trailer park for the guests. The unit updates its firmware automatically when you access the management portal. Set a static IP, and our own SIDD, set down the data rate (so no one can clobber the connection.). I like Netgear’s management, easy to use and intuitive. Have seen up to forty+ connections at a time with no problem. Into our second season with no problem. Would recommend this router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit for basic control - Note- I am not using wifi, July 18, 2014
I moved my much better wifi router to another location in my home to get better coverage. I wanted a wired gigabit router that would connect to the gigabit output of my cable modem, and then connect to the other wifi router which through a gigabit wired connection; would connect to my BasicTalk VoIP box, and connect to a remote gige switch in my office. I did not need wifi. I also wanted this box to perform DHCP, have static IP mapping for my fixed devices (so no lease times to worry about), and provide decent QoS so my VoIP would work well.

This box was a perfect choice and price. I could not tell it was refurbished other than it came in a plain brown box and included the limited warranty information (30 day hardware, 30 day email support).

I first connected to the Netgear site and download the manuals and the current firmware for the unit. I received the WNR3500V2, which was nice, unless you want to load DD-WRT on it (which is still under progress for the V2). I hooked it up to my one PC and entered the Web configuration, and selected advanced, as I knew exactly how I wanted to configure. I loaded the new flash, and when rebooted, I configured to perform DHCP with a selected range. I also disabled the WIFI - This unit has a nice on/off WiFi button on the rear. I could see this being useful if you want to disable always (like me) or only at specific times (like when you go on vacation). I then disabled DHCP in my existing WIFI router and wired everything up - including connecting the cable modem to this unit's WAN input and all the other devices, including my other WIFI unit to the ethernet ports, and power cycled everything. The unit came up, an everything had internet access.

I then configured all my static devices (PCs, laptop, bluray, tv, dvrs, ...) to have reserved IP addresses in the router. This was easy if you know (can get) the MAC addresses for these constant devices, which I wrote down. Configuring this was very easy, and I selected constant values outside of the DHCP range I programmed, so I can easily see (by IP address) which devices are internal and which are temporary (i.e. kids visiting with their ipads, phones, ...). I then enabled the QoS control and rebooted everything. All the devices came up with the reserved values as expected and work well.

The performance is great as all connections are gige for the wired - from the cable modem to the wifi router and all wired devices.

This router works exactly as wanted and the price was great.

Again, I can not comment on its wifi, as I have no need for it.

Everything came up fine. I then

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent router, July 16, 2014
So far so good on how it works. My main computer and a device (Kindle or IPhone) can all work well simultaneously on this router. The router covers the whole house with no issues. The only item that I think could be fixed is how to set the password in order to not have an unlocked WIFI spot...I am not a techie, so this may have been more my issue. Bottom line a good product after about a month or so of operation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've had, December 8, 2013
Worked well, keeps working well, serves 15+ units at my location and keeps the interconnect with all. I'm happy with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars cable modem, May 10, 2013
Amazon Customer (North Augusta, SC) - See all my reviews
Great throughput and reliability -- it works extremely well, especially the gigabit. I haven't had a single issue with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, open for customizations. easily set up., August 1, 2012
Router is easy to set up (using web interface). I setup one, backed up settings, loaded into the second one and with a couple of clicks (static IP) I had two extra APs on the network.
If needed, it is open for customizations: you can load DD-WRT build for 'endless' possibilities.

Connects at 145Mbps, sustained throughput (iperf) around 80Mbps for me (with another two wifi networks in the area).

And I cannot tell it is refurbished - looks pretty much new to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for the first couple of months then it stopped, October 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. I received it in only 4 days ..., August 22, 2014
Excellent product. I received it in only 4 days and had it working on the network within an hour. The upgrade was well worth it. I even have better range than the old wi-fi. Too bad most USB wi-fi adapter don't take advantage of the gigabyte speed. I even ordered a 2nd one for a customer who is now very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap buy is not worth the savings, August 24, 2014
Did not come with any instructions, after using other means to get to internet for instructions, unit never did work.
Part way through set-up the unit locked me out and I was never able to restet and make it work.
Purchased another wireless router from Costco and was set up and running in 10 min.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome router, has nice built in functions, August 25, 2014
Awesome router, has nice built in functions, using this as a repeater and took the whole 2 minutes to setup, really very simple and for the price I'm not sure why everyone doesnt have one of these bad boys in their home. Cant say enough good things about this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›