5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance
Purchased this Router to give me faster speed and greater distance of coverage than my former router. The device was easy to set up and worked very well. I now have Internet access in every room of our old adobe walled pioneer home as well as in the yard and garden.
Published 6 months ago by Reed M. Gardner

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a R6300v1 versus a R6300v2
It's a very good router, but it does not have the high speed USB 3.0 port on the router like the R6300v2. Also, it probably won't receive as much firmware development because there is a newer model. However, the price is right and the unit is good.
Published 5 months ago by Raina Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, December 24, 2013
This review is from: NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300) - Manufacturer Refurbished (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent router. Don't doubt the refurb., March 2, 2014
I did a lot of homework in selecting a new router for myself and a personal client, and I selected this one based off of these criteria:
1) Price-to-Performance ratio
2) Reliability
3) DD-WRT support, SHOULD I decide to use it.

Going with a manufacturer refurbished item usually receives a negative reaction from people, but I was banking (correctly after testing) that the "refurbish" was performed for the firmware, and not the hardware itself. Regardless, I purchased a 2-year warranty for it (after carefully reading the terms that applied to my state), and the entire purchase was under $105 per router.

I loaded the Netgear 1.7.x firmware onto one of the routers, and DD-WRT onto the other. (DD-WRT build provided by [...] with instructions via the ReadMe.txt file, or [...].

Both routers worked fine for 3 days under full use of Internal & external streaming, remote RDP sessions, FTP, gaming, ect across 5 tablets, 2 iPhones 2 laptops, 2 desktops, 1 Roku 3, and various guests devices.

The "electronics room" is located on the far north side of the house, while the master bedroom and garage are on the south side of the house. The range was a great improvement over my reliable Asus RT-N12B (which replaced my still operational WRT54G, which was disabled for testing purposes).

The R6300 with stock firmware was able to reach the garage with near full strength on the 2.4GHz spectrum (channel 1) and with decent strength on the 5GHZ spectrum (auto config). The master bedroom saw a loss of signal strength, but not a loss of signal quality, with the very rare buffering of HD YouTube streams.

The R6300 with DD-WRT loaded performed much better once I increased the transmission power on both spectrum's to 500mW. Two houses down on both the north and south sides of the house, I was still receiving a 2.4GHz signal, albeit weak, and with buffering. Needless to say, I installed DD-WRT onto the second one as well and put it through tests as well before being satisfied. that it was fit for my client.

DynDNS works on both reliably. I like the feedback from the DD-WRT interface. The bandwith monitoring and access controls are excellent, but could use more documentation that would be easily accessible via a direct link to a wiki from the firmware (my own personal gripe to help simplify the complexity of DD-WRT).

FYI, if the DD-WRT interface looks intimidating to you, don't be afraid of it. 90% of it the average household will never use or need, but the platform is stable, and the wireless options are there for you should you want to increase your transmission power. The general public can just load DD-WRT base, then the update (both from the site linked above), set the router name and password, set the wifi name and WPA2 Personal password for both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz signals, and walk away. If you still don't like DD-WRT, you can easily return the firmware back to NetGear's stock by loading the specific firmware in the firmware upgrade page.

All-in-all, a great buy. Get this if you are upgrading your router.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a R6300v1 versus a R6300v2, January 21, 2014
Raina Wallace (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon did their part. Netgear? Not so much., March 14, 2014
This reviews a "Reconditioned" product.

I assumed that Netgear cared about it's reputation. I was evidently in error.

The product could locate and connect to all things WiFi but nothing Ethernet. So it was likely NOT fixed during "reconditioning". I called Netgear for super-basic support and they led me on a very merry chase only to say - at the very end - that reconditioned models deserve zero support. They took up several hours of my time - yes hours! - making sure - repeatedly - that they had ALL my contact information and passing me from one tech to another. The Netgear techs can NOT speak English. I work with foreign techs and have no problem understanding them. But these guys were the worst I've come across. What they had been leading up to was a for-pay support which was more than the cost of the unit itself.

Based on this series of events with Netgear they've lost all my business from here on out.

Amazon on the other hand gets a Kudos from me because they delivered and took the returned product without any fuss.
5-stars for Amazon on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars netgear wireless router AC1750, March 5, 2014
I am very pleased with this router.
Setup: Was a breeze. Most settings were able to use defaults. Even came with network names and security keys already configured.
Wireless connectivity: Super easy. Had 3 phones, 1 printer, 3 tablets, a TV and a Chromecast hooked up in less than 15 minutes.
Range: Excellent. All devices have 4 full bars in any room, even though router is in the basement.
Throughput: Only tested wireless. Were getting 6mbps down and 1.5mbps up prior. Now am getting 32mbps down and 8mbps up.
Summary: Network used to lag and even drop prior. Hasn't broken a sweat with this router and 9 concurrent devices attached.
Best bang for your buck and frustration level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great router, no complaints, except for poor packing by Amazon, December 13, 2013
Despite the fact that it was packaged terribly by Amazon and arrived in a ripped box with essentially no padding/packing, this is a great router. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it;s a vast improvement over my old one. Setup was really easy and quick for people who don't want to mess about and and it also offers more advanced security and other features for those users who want them. The signal is really strong and the speed is phenomenal, like I'm plugged directly into the modem. No complaints so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectation, March 10, 2014
this gadget did speed up my internet connection and was able to reach a greater distance without slowing down the connection,.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Router Smokes the Compitition!, February 16, 2014
Unbelievable performance. Zero drop outs and fast! I cut the cable company 2 years ago and this router allows me to run all of my devices at the same time with no issues. It was easy to set up. I'm glad I made this choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great refurb router!, January 19, 2014
Setup was easy. Updated firmware. PCs, PS3, iPhones, iPad, and Sony DVD Bluray player connects with no problem. This is a great upgrade for my D-Link 655. The router looks nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome product, November 25, 2013
This router works great! only reason it's not a 5* our printer shows up on our iphones, but will not print to it. we get an error when trying. otherwise, this is a fantastic router. USB share is awesome for the external HD that you always need but do not want to move around with your laptop.

Rate and Discover Movies