Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NETGEAR Wireless Router - N300 (WNR2000)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Model: N300|Change

on January 20, 2015
I've had this router for a few months. It has become a constant headache. It keeps dropping devices especially my wife's iPhone 6+ and one of our smart TVs. I am constantly rebooting it to get it to work temporarily. I wouldn't recommend this.
on February 24, 2014
I purchased this Netgear Wireless Router and it stopped working one month later.

Worst part about the experience is Netgear's customer service. They wanted me to pay an additional $30 for them to send a new router for 2 day delivery. I might as well use the money to buy a different router. If I did not pay $30 dollars, they said it would take 2-3 weeks for them to send me a new one. Complete waste of money.
on February 2, 2014
Constantly drops wifi, unreliable.
Have had this for two months, and it worked fine.
Now it drops the wifi connection after only 2 seconds (if it is available at all).

no firmware upgrade or downgrade has resolved this issue.
I do not seem to be the only one having this problem with this particular piece of hardware.

Steer clear and get a decent router!
on November 23, 2014
Purchased this router in November of 2008 and have used it nonstop since. I didn't know how awesome it was until I purchased a Linksys EA6200 router that is dual band with more antennas. The Linksys cannot hold a candle to my old Netgear. This Netgear is solid and has excellent range and signal throughout all three levels of our home. Sure it isn't a dual band and only a N300 router, but it is a solid, well performing router. Only thing I wish it had was gigabit Ethernet and USB for storage, but what this router does, it does excellent.

BTW I'm returning the EA6200 and setting this back up. Didn't really know how good this router was until I decided to upgrade.
on March 13, 2013
I choose 1 star because I have had this about one month and all it does it continuously drop internet connection. I have online timed test for college I have to take and this makes it impossible. I did a lot of research online to try and fix the problem and all I found was other users having the same horrid experience that I have had. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone, especially if you are looking for gaming experience. You lose connection to the PS3 about every 30 minutes, it's nothing but a headache.
on February 14, 2014
Half of the times after restart of the router you will have to go to the setup and Start the wizard to connect to the internet.
It happens only 50% of the times, so it cannot be my fault or wrong settings, just somehow it cannot get connected to the internet unless you run wizard and that quite an annoying.
on November 30, 2015
This is the 2nd one of these I've bought, the first last year. That one has been totally reliable and was easy for Comcast / Xfinity to configure remotely. I at one time had 3 computers and an internet-connected TV hooked up with ethernet connections and it all worked.
on January 4, 2015
This was received as v5. At first I thought everything was OK. But, after about 2 months I started having issues. My desktop connected via Ethernet worked fine, but wireless machines had no data transfer even though the wireless signal was quite strong. I finally removed this router from my system and replaced it with a v2 model that I had given to my son many years ago that was now not in use. It was like magic. No more problems. Wireless speed has increased by a factor of 3+. My advice is do not buy this product. Netgear is not producing the quality product that it had produced in the past. You will more than likely be disappointed in this product. Mine is back in the box and will probably end up in the trash dumpster even though it is supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I don't want another one just like it in my system. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Update: Received email from Netgear. They wanted me to update firmware which was already current. Even if they had offered to send me a new one, why would I want another one of these? Based on the Amazon reviews, there would be nearly a 50/50 chance that the new one would be a piece of crap. Really don't want the headache all over again. Amazon should pull this product from their site so others do not have to waste money as so many others have.
on August 9, 2012
This router was very simple to setup. No CD or anything was needed. That was pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it after using it for a couple of months. I run my laptop, cell phone, and PS3 off of this thing. The PS3 is actually hard-wired through the router. Everything else is wireless. The wireless speed seems slower than my previous linksys G on my cell phone of all things. It ran much faster on my old Linksys that died on me. But the main issue is the way the router randomly loses connection. Good job Netgear for including a very convenient button on the back to turn off and turn back on the wireless transmitter. You will be doing that frequently to get the signal to re-activate on your devices. The router just drops out for no reason at random times throughout the day. Overall, it gets the job done...but If you're like me and leave home with large files uploading or downloading expecting them to be done by the time you're home, you'd better look elsewhere, for the router will have undoubtedly lost connection while you are out and about and your file will be frozen in limbo waiting for that reset. I will be going back to Linksys routers very soon.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 3, 2016
Horrible. Horrible customer service. Unable to set up. You follow the instructions to a T - yet their set up website cannot find their router. For months. I give up. Crap in a box. Go with anything else but Netgear. #ripoff
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello JP,

The second you have any trouble please remember that we are standing by and are ready to help! In this case you will want to email us at netgearteam@netgear.com with a link to this review and which instructions you used.

We are sorry for your time and for any frustration caused.

Regards,