Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2009 9:00:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 7, 2012 12:05:05 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2009 12:43:12 PM PDT
CTW says:
For me, this is the most important book written since the BIBLE.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 8:29:50 AM PDT
If you like this book, I would highly suggest checking out Beyond the Pig and the Ape. The author is a huge fan of Tolle's work and created a framework that I think is a simplified version of Tolle's principle. I hope this helps :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 7:39:18 PM PDT
Rebecca says:
Hmmm...
I would say, what a bunch of pitiful tripe. Truly, it's incomprehensible that people can be so empty as to think it advantageous to fill it with this fellas nonsense? My heart literally aches for you. Spirituality according to a tv personality, who exploits others' tragedies for her financial benefit? That is what you lift up? How sad... does any of you wonder why the world is as it is right now? Prime example... too many hungry ghosts seeking...nothing, nothing at all......for.....an eternity.........

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 10:28:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 11:09:09 PM PDT
"A New Earth" and "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle are the most personally significant books that I have read in my lifetime. You cannot compare these books to any other book(s). They are unique and stand on their own.

I have read and reread these wonderful writings over the last four years. Each time I read them I become conscious of something not realized before about our existence, how we can go about interacting with ourselves and those around us, and how this contact can help make my/our existence a more caring, loving, and civilized world for living.

I will continue to read these gifts and refer to them for comfort realization and understanding.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 10:21:56 AM PDT
This book is one of the best books ever written. I constantly read parts of this book when things are going on in my own life. This should be at the top of the list on anyones next book to read ! If I only had one book to carry with me on a trip, this would be the book. Eckhart Tolle helped humanity with this book.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 3:54:58 PM PST
For those of you who find Tolle's work some of the best you've read, I wish you the best. I also have two questions for you. 1: Have you read any classics of philosophy or theology? (I'm thinking about books like, _I and Thou_ by Buber.) 2: Do you have any misgivings about Tolle's price schedule? He does charge an exorbitant amount of money for a lot of seminars, DVDs, and trinkets. Obviously, I find his writing lacking in substance and humility, and his lifestyle concerns me.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:27:25 AM PST
For me, "A New Earth" has more insight than any book ever written. It's good to hear someone put things down in words regardless of the critics that he knew it was going to have. This book may bother some people who cannot change their ingrained beliefs. You don't have to change your beliefs to enjoy the insights that this book offers. You can take a glimpse at another solution, put in different words. You don't have to change your way of thinking and do everything this book suggests. Although "thinking" itself tends to be the major problem with humanity. You don't have to agree with every word that is written. You will find certain parts that will help you cope with something you are going through. Although I agree with most of the wordings and thoughts I could be critical with many parts of this book. Instead I just look at it as words and thoughts delivered in a different manner than others talking about the same subject. Inner peace is my goal and this book helped. Yes, I have had thoughts of the high pricing of Tolle's "Services". It does contradict what he says is one of humanity's main purpose's," to help each other awaken into the essence of consciousness". But I look at it in a different way. In a practical sense, in order to keep producing words of wisdom and ways to awaken people, one has to have the means and money gives you practical time to produce more and help humanity as a whole.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 7:27:07 AM PST
Thank you, Robert, for answering one of my questions. I can see your perspective on the apparent contradictions in lifestyle. I do wish I knew whether you have read any of the classics of philosophy or theology. That would be helpful as well.

I do not find Tolle's work helpful, and I consider some aspects of it to be insidiously dangerous. I'm not referring to a shake-up-the-status-quo kind of danger. I love that sort of thing and tend toward openness that says, "Hey, doesn't work for me, but if it works for you, great!" But I do see some significant problems with Tolle's philosophy and writing.

So I'm asking questions. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 6:29:09 PM PST
Thanks Julie: Just tried to give my opinion of A New Earth . I haven't read any of the classics of philosophy or theology. Can't tell you if that would make me more or less aware. I have read philosophy books but since I can't remember the names apparently they didn't have any affect on me but maybe they did somewhat even though the names escape me at the moment. I have also read self improvement books like " awaken the giant within" which I found interesting.
I re-read certain parts of A New Earth" especially if they help me understand "life" and the essence of consciousness. Some parts of the book are a bit to blunt and may be misleading but I see the point more times than not. Overall I think Tolle has done an excellent job.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose
A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - 2006)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,957)