NEW Loc8tor Pet Handheld Finder Locator Cat
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ever Worry about Loosing your Pet? Does the thought of waiting until someone finds your beloved family member sound unthinkable? Cats, Dogs, Tortoises, Ferrets and yes even free range Chicken owners have all used Loc8tor. Locating technologies for pets have changed dramatically in the the last few years. The Loc8tor Pet has been an award winning product. The Loc8tor Pet is the ultimate locating device to help you keep track of your pets and can even be used to help locate other valuables.
- * Tags are the smallest and lightest of their kind. Only 5 grams * Great Range - Up to 122 metres /400 feet (clear line of sight).* Ultra portable - Handset is the size of a credit card.handheldTag Size Metric : 30.5mm (H) x 19.5mm (W) x 8.5mm (D) Weight: 5 grams Imperial : 1.2" (H) x 0.8" (W) x 0.3" (D) Weight: 0.175 Oz
- Pack Contents: 1 x Loc8tor Pet, 2 x Mini Homing Tags,2x Pet Splashproof cases,2x Splashproof cases, Key ring loop and adhesive strips, Wall mount bracket, Multi language user guide, All batteries included
- • The Locate mode is used to find your pet with the Handheld guiding you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch. The Alert mode warns if your dog has crossed a predefined boundary i.e. bolted out the front door or escaped from the garden. The credit card size handset makes it extremely easy to use where ever it's needed and will pick up the signal emitting from your pet's collar as soon as you press the locate button, provided you're in range. You can now know where your cat goes during the day and even if he gets locked in a neighbor's garage.
- 10,000's units have been sold. With about 2,500 dogs and 3,200 cats go astray every week the best chance of your pet remaining safe is to quickly ascertain their whereabouts. Why be a statistic?With it's small lightweight Tag weighing only 5 grams it tells you which way to walk to find your lost (or hiding) pet or indeed any other item (keys, mobile, TV remote). It works indoors or out up to a maximum range of 400 ft / 122m (clear line of sight) even through doors, walls, airing cupboards and other perfect hiding places.What's so special about it?* Our directional capabilities. * Loc8tor guides where to walk to find your pet.* Audio & visual cues on handset and Tag guide you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Update, 3-2013: the system continues to work perfectly: it's a great solution for when our cat decides to go AWOL. We got a second cat, so I'm buying a second collar transmitter (the remote can handle up to 4).
We bought this item to track our cat when she wanders or hides. We've been using it for a few months now and it has worked perfectly every time. The remote unit is easy to use and quickly leads us to her.
Our cat now recognizes the beeping of the collar as a sign that we're looking for her and when she hears it she'll give up and come out of her hiding place, or come running across the lawn toward us! So often we don't even have to step out to find her: as soon as we activate the tracking function on the remote, she comes to us.
The range is reasonable, probably a couple of acres in an open environment like a field or about an acre in a place where houses and concrete foundations are blocking the signal. When we don't get a signal immediately, walking in increasingly larger circles (with our house at the center) quickly gives us a signal to follow and she is found in a matter of minutes.
We have a very tiny cat (runt of the litter) and she has no problem at all with the tiny collar unit; she doesn't even seem to notice that it's there and has never attempted to get rid of it (unlike other "costumes" and harnesses and such that our kids have tried to afflict her with!).
She's gotten caught in pretty heavy downpours where she and her collar have been completely soaked and has dragged the collar through deep snow on a few occasions, but the silicone collar unit protector has always kept the unit totally dry.
I admit that I was a bit skeptical when we purchased this, but it's completely fulfilled and exceeded my expectations.
In one of my tests after it arrived, he was in the living room and I was able to get a signal from across the street, through two brick walls. This is much better than I expected. I've tested it through several brick walls and to my amazement, I can still track him.
The silicon splash protector slips over his collar; he doesn't seem to mind it. I've just received it today so I can't address how Loc8tor will hold up over time. If problems turn up, I'll post a follow-up review.
My cat was killed by a coyote six months after buying the Loc8tor, but I was consistently impressed with the Loc8tor for the six months I used it on my cat and will use it on my future pets.
The Loc8tor proved useful even after my cat's death. I suspected a coyote had taken him, but could not have confirmed it without the Loc8tor. It allowed me to easily locate his remains in the woods uphill from my house. It was upsetting, but at least I knew for certain not to hold out hope for him returning home. Finding his remains would have been impossible without the Loc8tor. This alone made it worth buying.
I did experience two glitches with it, which at first I thought meant the Loc8tor was defective. What happened was that on both occasions, the lights began flashing in meaningless ways. The first time it happened, I replaced the battery in the hand unit and that solved the problem.Read more ›
I would not let the cats go without a locator. BUT, after two plus years with the Loc8tor PLUS, we switched to the Locator Pet. Loc8tor Pet was confusing to use, impossible to see in sunlight, and it's on-off button broke. Here is my advice (it will cost a little more but worth it): Get a Loc8tor Plus and buy the plastic pet tag collar holders for the tags.
This is what I originally wrote about Loc8tor PLUS, which we love and would not live without: We used the Loc8tor Plus device for 2+ years on our young Siamese cats. (I wish I had had it a few years ago when I spent two harrowing weeks looking for a lost cat!) In nice weather they go out and roam around in the fenced yard but many times we have used this device when one of them found an escape route. We have a large house and we use the loc8ter to find them inside as well. When a guest let a cat out the front door we were able to find her fast. We used the old model, not the one made for pets, which came later, with the tags sewn to the collar, and rain and some water didn't seem to be a problem. One interesting and convenient thing has happened: When we look for a cat, the collar beeps and tells him or her we are looking and the cat starts to head back to the house. Hope this helps you find your pet!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked great for about a month. Then didn't use it for a few months. The cats wore the locator during the period of inactivity. Went to use it a month ago and it was dead. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Larry Ross
found my basset hound many times on my property in between my trees and sheds and stuff. I wish it was a bit more powerful thoughPublished 2 months ago by bob
Works very well. Have used this extensively to find our cat. Well worth the price.Published 3 months ago by Mike005
These work really well for our cats. One cat likes to hide and will not answer when called. The Loc8tor works great every time we need to find him. Read morePublished 4 months ago by I've tried it...
Our household consists of a Siamese and a Australian Shepard who get along great 95% of the time. But when we introduced the Aussie into our family, our Siamese seemed to want to... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Kaz
Got this because we were moving houses and wanted to make sure we could find the cat. It works as advertised. Read morePublished 5 months ago by The Pitt Family
This product works really well for my indoor/outdoor cat. She is small in size for a cat and I threaded this on her collar using rubber piece. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ramona Johanneson
batteries are difficult to change in the unit on the cat, otherwise this works greatPublished 6 months ago by Scuba