Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. Wii forum

NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2010 9:52:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2010 10:01:31 PM PST
R. Murray says:
Super Mario Bros. Wii has been an absolute hit at our house. My kids are 6 & 8 and they got a Wii and SMB for Christmas and have just got on the final level as of today.

NOW, I have seen Super Mario Gallaxy, which is what the kids want next, but I ALSO see that SMG 2 is already scheduled for release in May.

What gives???

Super Mario Wii out sold Galaxy !!! New Super Mario Bros. Wii has been critically and commercially successful; it is currently the sixth best-selling game on the Wii, at 10.55 million copies sold worldwide. Galaxy has sold 8.2 million.

*******OBVIOUSLY********

Super Mario Bros. should have a part 2,

AND

may I suggest 2 more Italian characters instead of those stupid toadstool guys, like some cousins named Vinney and Carlo...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2010 4:25:52 PM PST
Rick says:
Galaxy came out at least a year before Super Mario Bros Wii, so it makes sense it's sequel would come out first, too.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 2:41:04 PM PST
R. Murray says:
Well that makes sense... I thought Galaxy was realeased first only by a matter of months.

STILL, I hope #2 is in the works...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2010 4:03:16 PM PDT
J. Milo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2010 8:29:48 AM PDT
GHD says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 2:36:34 AM PDT
a. gutierrez says:

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 8:26:22 AM PDT
A sequel is not 'needed'. The movie Rocky did not need a sequel. Toy Story didn't need a sequel. But they each got plenty of them because of their entertainment value.

New Super Mario Bros Wii could add some more power ups and re-do all the levels and it would add plenty of entertainment value. I for one would definitely get it. I don't care about the plot of Mario games.

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 8:07:10 PM PDT
I think that they could pull off a sequel if they approach it right. Just like SMG2 had new places, new items, new characters, etc ... New Mario Bros 2 would need surprising differences from the first one. For example, settings/items/enemies inspired from Mario Bros 2 (NES) or Mario World, at least more than SMB3 (like the first NMB).

If they choose SMB2 as the inspiration, they would have an excuse to replace Yellow Toad with Peach. Another option, which I would prefer a little more would be the ability to customize the color scheme of the Toads. For example, guys can replace Yellow and Blue with more manly colors like Black and Green. A girl could change a Toad's color to Pink or Purple. Other people will likely choose Red and Green to complement the Marios bros. I think this way, everyone wins.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 8:09:01 PM PST
Holly J. says:
I think a sequel would be great. With some changes. Since my brother and I play it all the time we've noticed somethings.

Like when you get a item or die the game like stops for a second well in that one second the other player is usually jumping and then it stops and then they die.
Having a plus game type would be cool. Like the coins that you collect MOVE so they'd be in different spots having you to look for them all over.
Lives either harder to get or let it go over 99. I've played and gotten over 300 lives not even trying!
Let the one player who's in control be able to be not mario.
Like the older mario games Mario used to be able to do a quick turn around and a sidejump. I think that would be cool to have that added to the game.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 6:11:57 AM PST
adamczar says:
You don't play a game like Mario for the storyline. A sequel to New Super Mario Brothers Wii would just need to add a bunch of new levels and I'd have a great time playing through them just for the challenge. I hate 3D games and miss the old style, so this is my favorite game for the Wii.

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 2:54:52 PM PST
N. Wille says:
If they're going to add another one, let it be more difficult, (and NOT just on multiplayer Miyamoto. Last time I checked, you originally made games for people who didn't always have a crowd around them)

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 11:56:58 AM PST
Super Mario Galaxy 1 came out in Nov. 2007. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was *supposed to* be released in Nov. 2009, but Nintendo developed New Super Mario Bros. Wii and decided to release that game in Nov. 2009 instead (probably because they [correctly] predicted it would sell better at Christmas-time than SMG2).

Of course, they wouldn't want to release 2 Mario games at the same time, so they pushed back the SMG2 release date to May 2010.

So it certainly isn't a matter of short-changing NSMBW. If anything, it was the other way around. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2011 9:25:05 AM PDT
Looks like SOMEONE needs to play some more Mario games. Clearly they don't get the main idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 10:29:33 PM PST
Kissiz4Tati says:
I agree, this game is awesome, as imperfect impatient people, we want it now right? lol. I so cant wait for it to come out. But just like Disney with their "Vault" releases. make people wait to last minute, i think that is what they are going to do with this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 7:39:21 PM PDT
marchello13 says:
i agree

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 2:36:38 PM PDT
i think the storyline matters
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,573)