Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 21, 2015
OK, I promise to myself that this is the LAST time I'm buying technical products based on Amazon reviews (unless review is from someone trustworthy, like Engineer Lee on rechargeable batteries). I mean, I get it - most people here have no idea how these things are supposed to work and thus are simply not able to provide insight on what matters. Or it could be that sellers are pumping fake reviews - for example this is exactly the same bar as the $13 one from this link (copy paste it in your browser's address bar):

For Wii sensor bars the only thing that matters is the type of IR LEDs inside - how strong LED is and how many of them are in there. I can't tell you how strong (in lumens) these LEDs are but what I can tell you is that there are 3 of them on each side (6 in total). Official Nintendo bar has 5 on each side (10 in total). How to test for this? You just need a smartphone with video mode (so that you can "see" IR)... follow instructions on Nintendo website:
[...]

So, will this bar work for 80% of people without major problems? Of course it will - it's no-brainer product - 6 IR LEDs that turn on when you plug it into your Wii.

Is it a good buy and will you be able to use it from more than 8-9 feet? Of course not. If you need quick gaming fix, even 2 candles would work better than these cheap 6 LED bars (take care not to burn down your house though, not taking responsibility for that ;):
[...]

The funny thing is that refurbished Nintendo bars cost $7.50. New one is $10. If only Nintendo would have those products here on Amazon instead of in their own shop ($5 shipping) buying Wii gear would've been so much easier:
[...]
77 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2014
Like so many others, I destroyed mine when the vacuum caught the cord and yanked the sensor bar off of the TV. This replacement works great. Included a new plastic base as well.
on March 17, 2014
While vacuuming, the vacuum caught the "old cord" and ripped it from the bar. This item was recommended by the manufacturer as the suggested replacement item, and it has worked well. It was well wrapped and arrived on time.
on April 13, 2016
I bought this when our sensor bar for our old wii broke, and decided to give one of the generic bars a try. It works and looks just like the old one. No one would ever guess that this wasn't the one that came with the wii. The only problem would be that the stand has no sticky tape on it but it has some some foam that looks like it should stick? I'm not sure what that's all about but the last time our bar fell off the top of our tv the cord broke and we had to get a new one...so they need to stick. So it's now taped onto our tv(it's not moving)
on April 18, 2016
Cheap replacement. See "Nobody's" review at http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R8GNRNXIF8WU6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007BKMGEU

Bought this to replace the original that I had packed away. After 4 weeks the cursor disappeared. Troubleshooting for a week I observed at 6 inches the cursor came back so I dug out the original sensor and I'm back in business.
on May 28, 2016
My cat ate my other sensor bar. So I had to buy a new one. I was skeptical to buy this sensor bar since it’s not an actual Nintendo brand. This product works great especially with non Nintendo Wii Remotes. The product also works well with Nintendo Brand as well. I love how the company gave me a stand to sit it on top of the TV. This keeps that sensor bar high enough my cat can't get to the cords. The package came in very quickly, a little before it was suppose to. I will purchase more products from this company again.

Update
Quit Working after 2 weeks of having the product.
on December 17, 2015
So my cat recently developed a taste for power cords. Not just any power cord, though. Has to be for something I use a lot. So he picked a good one when he chewed my wii sensor bar clean in half. I ordered this replacement which was only a few bucks - I expected to pay at least twenty - and it arrived in just a couple of days, as described and works just fine. I really like the little holder that was included and attached it to the base of my tv. No problems so far. I'm very pleased and I would definitely recommend this product to replace the Wii sensor bar.
on December 8, 2015
Works great. My daughter from Great Britain had given us their old Wii to keep at our home for our grand children to use. However, she forgot the sensor bar. Instead of paying much more for her to mail hers to us I just bought the Wired Infrared Sensor Bar on the Amazon site. It was not only cheaper this way but we got it quicker than if she had had to mail hers. My grandsons (ages 4-10) were excited to learn how to play some basic sports, even grandpa did okay. It appears to be well made, was easy to hook up & hopefully it will last for many fun hours of play.
on March 13, 2016
This replacement sensor bar for my WII works just as good as the one that came with it. My daughter broke the original ( by cutting the cord ugh) and I was so worried that it would cost a fortune to replace. Thankfully, Amazon has EVERYTHING and I was able to replace it for cheap. AND get it fast (thanks to prime shipping).

I would absolutely buy this again but I hope it lasts.
on February 18, 2016
This sensor bar works just as well as the one from the company. We've had no issues with it working at any angle or distance (not that we can really go far since we have a really small house).

It fit the need and at a better price. I couldn't ask for much more in all honesty. The kids are thrilled to be back to gaming and watching Netflix again. Total win in our book.