NEX-7 FLASH - is the thing intended to pop up automatically when set to AUTO FLASH, or does the user have to MANUALLY hit the FLASH button?
asked by Michael T. McCaffrey on March 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I just checked mine. You need to pop up the flash manually. Then in "intelligent auto" setting, it flashes where it's dark.
H. Sahara answered on March 1, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The user needs to manually pop up the flash before it will fire, even on full auto mode.
Stanley Horwitz answered on March 1, 2013

A
You hit the flash button and I pops up before you shoot
C. Christ answered on March 1, 2013

A
It will Pop up when the lighting is not enough for the camera if it is set to Auto, if it does not you may want to get it checked.
Tyrone Schneider answered on March 1, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You need to hit the flash button. There are upsides and downsides to this. Think of the times your phone's camera flashed when you tried to take a stealthy shot but had it on auto. It also lets you have slightly better separation from the focal plane in a compact camera. Not much, but a little, especially with a diffuser.
reeses answered on March 1, 2013

A
It's manual. I consider the built in flash basically an emergency to limited fill flash option. I'd have been just as happy with the camera if they'd simply left it off. Really need flash attachment with this camera for any serious flash work. The built in is for point and shoot convenience only.
Colleen K. answered on March 1, 2013

A
I just tried it (frankly I never use the flash because the camera just doesn't need it) and unless I'm doing something wrong, no, it doesn't automatically pop up.
C answered on March 1, 2013

A
Manually hit the flash button. Some of the flash functions change with the different shooting settings (PAS). i thought initially it would pop up automatically but haven't found this to be the case with the later software versions.
E. Daniels answered on March 2, 2013

A
I just came back from Europe and actually never used the flash, I was under the assumption it was slaved to trigger but Looking at the flash manual, it looks like Sony built the unit without the ability to be optically slaved. It is radio control (a very nice feature to have), but that means that the camera that you are using has to have a built-in compatable radio transmitter in the camera for it to work. It looks like the NEX does not have this feature.
Tyrone Schneider answered on March 1, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Auto flash tells you to turn on the flash, but you must hit the button to eject.
Richard Bhola answered on March 1, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product