Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 15, 2013
I bought these tags and found that they worked just like advertised. I have one set up on my nightstand and another in a custom car dock. The problem is, out of the 6 total tags I received, only 2 of them work. The others (including keychain) refuse to accept any information. I've tried 4 different applications, and I can re-write the 2 that do work, but those 4 are simply DOA. If you only need one or two tags this product might work for you... But I think TagsForDroids needs to do some serious Quality Assurance Testing.
on June 5, 2013
There are two types of tags sold here, MIFARE and NTAG203. This product is the 1k MIFARE(tm) classic tags (i.e. has an NXP NFC chipset)and is NOT for the Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 phone and the Nexus 10 tablet.

For the Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 phone and Nexus 10 tablet use the NTAG203 tags instead. This is not very clear on the store site so of course I bought the wrong product. I am still able to use them with 'NFC Tag Launcher' from the Play Store so they do have some value. But I wish tagsfordroid would really make this clear and warn buyers better on their store pages. As of now it's Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!

=================================================================

This is from the faq at http://tagsfordroid.com/nfc-tag-faq
-----------------------------------------------------------

Will your 1k NFC Tags work with my Samsung Galaxy S3? ...Sony Xperia? ... HTC One X? ...Nexus S? ...Nexus 7? ...Galaxy Nexus?

Our 1k tags will work with any device that supports MIFARE(tm) classic tags (i.e. has an NXP NFC chipset).

Please note: due to technical limitations, the Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 phone and the Nexus 10 tablet cannot read MIFARE(tm) classic 1k tags. The Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 will work with our NTAG203 tags (see below).

Will your NTAG203 Tags work with my Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 Phone or my Nexus 10 Tablet?

Yes, our NTAG203 Tags work with all NFC capable devices, including the Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 phone and Nexus 10 tablet.
on September 26, 2012
This set of five adhesive backed and one NFC keychain is great! The tags were easily programed with no problems using the NFC Task Launcher by Tagstand. The adhesive on the back of the five tags works great and is very sticky. The inclusion of the Android as the logo was an excellent choice of the design team. I really like the size of the tags, which are about the size of an American Dollar coin, and the construction feels solid.
The Key Chain tag is a total bonus and is encased in hard plastic making it invunerable to the elements. I am currently using it to store my VCard information like a modern business card.
There are many uses for NFC right now and the accessibility of these tags really helps when experimenting with various tasks. I have one stuck to the wall in my home that makes my settings more friendly for when I leave the house and when I get home. I also have one on the dashboard of my car for turning on/off settings and apps for the road.

Any person looking to get started with NFC can't go wrong with the price point and quality of this set.
on July 22, 2013
I should start by saying that I have not owned any other NFC tag so I can't compare. This is so flaky that I have quit using them altogether. I put on in my car, next to my door at home and one at my desk at work. When I touch the phone to the tag, it often doesn't work. I often have to touch the phone to the tag 3 times before it will work. There is often a delay and I think it doesn't work and then I will end up running the tag twice, unintentionally toggling it. I have the tag programmed to start Waze in my car and 1/2 of the time Waze crashes when started by this tag. It never crashes when I start it manually. I have programmed it to turn on bluetooth and then to connect to a specific device with both phone and media. Sometimes it just connects for phone, sometimes just media, but almost never both.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Since I have not tried any other NFC tags I can't say whether the issue is with my phone or with the tag. What I can say is that it takes so long to get it working I could have manually produced all of the actions in the same amount of time or less.
on June 5, 2013
These were very cool but only worked for a few days. It started where I would have to tap them several times to work, and now all of them have eventually stopped working.
on August 20, 2013
These tags are pretty cool tiny gadgets that let you send contact info, redirect a website, or change the settings on your android. There are plenty of apps that provide different features.

Before buying though, I suggest that you download these apps first and see how you would use them. I made the mistake of simply not using them because I never took it upon myself to setup these tags, and now I just hand them out to fellow android users while making friends with them in the process.

By all means, this product does a good job being written to as well as sending data via NFC. Be creative!
on September 24, 2012
These Tags are a good value and work well. The free NFC keychain tag and sheet of customizing stickers that currently come with all of the Tags For Droid tag bundles are what really sets this product apart from other NFC tags that I've seen for sale, though. The stickers are fun and well designed, each one featuring our favorite little Android buddy and sized perfectly to help you remember what you configured the NFC tag to do. The keychain functions very well and appears to be hearty enough to stand up to the abuse it will get on my keys. I wish Tags For Droid also had an option to purchase the NFC keychains separate from the tag bundles, perhaps in a few different colors or shapes, because I would definitely purchase more of them. The 5 tag bundle is an excellent product from a company that takes customer service seriously and is perfect for someone who wants to experiment with NFC technology but doesn't need a ton of tags just yet. You will probably want to get more after playing with NFC for a while, and the larger bundles work great for that.
on October 3, 2013
Works well with all older NFC phones/tablets. The keychain is the coolest thing about this. I programed mine to give contact information while at conferences for work. Hangs right on my lanyard with my conference ID and it's easy to swipe someone's phone across it to give them my contact info.
on September 6, 2013
They do what they are supposed to do. I have one at the beside to program my alarms and shut down/silent certain apps. Another is in my car programed to turn off wi-fi, turn on bluetooth and pandora. They work well, easy to program with apps.
on November 20, 2012
Ok, they are NFC tags. Discussing them with other friends of mine and co-workers reveals, no one knows what they are or do,and that is a shame . several of my friends own Galaxy s3's and I and and least two other friends own an HTC One X. Oh well, on with the review. I think the price is right for these items and the work grat (see my photos). I have one in the car that turns on Nav, bluetooth, and maxes the ringer vol, one at work for the office, wifi on ,bluetooth off and ringer off, and one for silent mode with wifi on at home. I think its a real convience worth the $11 price. Quick and free shipping too! It looses a star because the phone has to be unlocked to register the NFC settings.
review image review image review image
55 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse