NHL 11 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$6.43 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The all-new Real-Time Physics Engine brings real-world highlight reel moments in-game like never before. From face-offs to body checks, real-world puck and player physics trigger true-to-life reactions.
- More than 200 Gameplay Enhancements—An all-new faceoff system, quick dekes, the new Hit Stick, and hip checks are just some of the many gameplay improvements that make NHL11 the most authentic hockey video game experience to date.
- Broken sticks - After snapping your stick on a wicked slapshot or having it broken in two from a hit, the play is never dead. Kick the puck to your teammate or have your teammate pass you his stick if you can’t make it to the bench to get a new one.
- Be a Pro Enhanced—For the first time ever, begin your career playing for the Canadian Hockey League’s Memorial Cup. Get scouted, enter the NHL entry draft, and see if you can become the greatest player of all time.
- The EA SPORTS Hockey League takes online play to the next level as championship seasons are awarded with banner-raising ceremonies and new user celebrations that allow you to rub it in the faces of your biggest rivals.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.com Product Description
When you're on the ice, anything can happen - and frequently does. A puck-smashing, opponent-pummeling, ice-dominating prodigy, you are fast on your way to hockey greatness, and the success of just one match lies between you and your NHL dream. You glide to the center red line and look into your opponent's shielded face as you crouch down in preparation. The puck falls, as if in slow motion, as you both spring forward, sticks thrashing, ice flying and limbs thrusting. Just as you start to break away, you take a bone-crushing hit and hear the splintering of wood as your stick snaps apart. If you can't use your sharp reflexes and agile intuition to wrest away the puck, your dream could slip away forever. Are you a true NHL champion?
Skate into realistic hockey action, the likes of which you've only seen at the rink itself, as you take on the future of hockey gaming in NHL 11. This time, as you take it to the ice, every deke, hip check and scramble is in revolutionary, real-time, physics-triggered realism. With a pioneering physics engine, NHL 11 reacts to your every move with precision for the most authentic hockey experience available. Use all-new and enhanced skills as you strive for the Canadian Hockey League's Memorial Cup for the first time in a thrilling new career mode and celebrate your glories in banner-raising ceremonies. With NHL 11, the ice action has never been so real, and if you're lucky, neither has your puck prowess.
- Experience adrenaline-pumping NHL action with bigger hits, broken sticks, faster dangles and more opportunities on the ice than ever before
- Revolutionary real-time physics engine gives you the latest in sports game realism, bringing real-world highlight reel moments in-game
- Real-world puck and player physics trigger true-to-life reactions
- More than 200 game enhancements, from an all-new intense faceoff system to a new Hit Stick option and more, offer new challenges for NHL champs
- New broken-stick gameplay options let you keep the game going even when you split your stick in sick slapshots or wicked collisions — just kick the puck to your teammate, or have your teammate pass you his stick
- For the first time ever, begin your career playing for the Canadian Hockey League's Memorial Cup and continue down a path that puts you into the rink with licensed CHL players from the Western Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and more
- Be scouted and drafted into the NHL and live out your hockey dreams
- Celebrate in all-new style; championship seasons are awarded with banner-raising ceremonies and new user celebrations allow you to rub it in the faces of your biggest rivals
- Prep your team for a playoff run with an all-new Practice mode
- From the franchise that captured 22 Sports Game of the Year awards
- For 1 to 4 players offline; for 1 to 12 players online
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
I've been playing season mode a lot, since I don't have internet currently, and I want to say this: the computer cheats.
I'm playing superstar, and there is a huge double standard that has caused my controller to get tossed more than 10 times. For example, if I knock the computer off the puck, it's irrelevant, as he'll get back to the puck 80% of the time (unless I knock him down, and then he's prone to flailing on the ice and sometimes knocking the puck away). The other way around, if he hits me, I can rarely get back to the puck; he nearly always beats me to it or he's got support to take the puck. You can't have it both ways. Also, the computer is awesome at skating through my body when I dive. It's really amazing, as if I'm not even there. And the computer also likes to poke check through my body too, so even when I think I have positioning, it's irrelevant, because he's got magic powers.
Finally, the goalies are not made equal. My goalie seems to let in really, really pathetic goals, whereas the computer makes ridiculous saves.
I want this game to be difficult on it's highest setting, but this isn't difficult, it's cheating. If I have 2 steps on someone to a loose puck, and I'm using speed burst, they should not be able to out race me 9 times out of 10 (as the 'hawks, Kane and Campbell seem to be able to skate as fast as Wade Brookbank. Sure, sure).Read more ›
Since the NHL formula is so well established at this point, I thought it would be productive to list a version of some major changes you'll notice between NHL 10 and the new NHL 11. Hopefully this list will help you decide if the new features/improvements are worth it for you:
- Passes now happen when you RELEASE the pass trigger, not when you press it. The strength of your pass is controlled by how long you hold the button before the release. This is the first major gameplay change I noticed in NHL 11. The more I play with this, the more I like the change - although as a result I'm having a little more trouble getting one-timers off.
- In NHL10 faceoffs almost always resulted in the puck going directly to a player on the ice, in NHL 11 faceoffs are much more dynamic. It's possible to switch grips, shove, or block your faceoff opponent. Many more options this time around, faceoffs are definitely more interesting.Read more ›
Also of note, the game came packaged with an 'Online Pass' token (which, by my understanding was supposed to give EA incentive to keep their servers online for longer; go figure!) when purchased new, which will do you no good whatsoever at this point in time. This means there's virtually no reason to waste your money on a new copy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent graphics. Fun game! Easy for the 10 year old to whoop up on the grown ups!Published 13 months ago by JenTD
I liked this game more the first time I played it...when it was called NHL 10Published 17 months ago by Jeffrey C. Dean