5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and gets the job done...
Published on October 15, 2010 by John English

3.0 out of 5 stars great
is exactly what i ordered. worked perfectly as i hoped and was cheaper that chain or department stores here in town. thank you
Published 7 months ago by jmford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and gets the job done..., October 15, 2010
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
This Bible is good for travelling/commuting. It has a conversion chart for Biblical currencies and measurements, a brief list of passages to turn to for help with specific problems, and a couple of basic maps. This is a popular translation (e.g., my pastor preaches from the NIV) that is about halfway between a literal translation (word-for-word) and a "living" translation (translating the ideas into contemporary English). Unlike other Bibles I've used, this one does not have a "Read the Bible in a Year" plan, but I suggest you find one online and read the whole thing. This Book contains everything you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Place to Start, September 19, 2004
Amazon Customer (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
When I was first looking for a Bible, I found SEVERAL! They come in different sizes, colors, with different features, not to mention (NIV, NKJV, NCV, etc.)

I was looking for a new Bible since my old one was an NCV (New Children's Version).

I like how the NIV is presented because how the text is written is less confusing. Compare a couple of passages from a King James Version Bible and an NIV, and you'll see what I mean.

However, some church's use different Bibles. The church I go to uses the NIV for Scripture, so I can follow along words for words. You may want to check with your church to see what Bible they are using.

Also, you may want to check them out and see which one you like best. I like the NIV because it is easier for me to understand. My sister prefers her NKJV.

If you aren't sure in the beginning, but want a Bible, get an inexpensive one. You can usually find them for $5 or less. If you decide that you want a different version or your church uses a different version, you didn't spend $30 on a Bible.

Have a great day!

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Zondervan Bible Makes Student's Study Easier, March 17, 2011
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
This Bible is clear, concise and easy for students to understand. Makes a great study guide for mature Christians as well. Takes reader through history during Biblical times with maps and commentary. My niece is taking religious courses in college and is most thankful for this user-friendly Bible. It has a table of weights and measures, even how to read the Bible. Also has topics on fear, worship, etc. so the reader understands or comes into a greater appreciation for the written Word and how it's applicable for daily living today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice giveaway bible, April 16, 2011
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
We bought these bibles in large quantity for our church Children's program. Lots of children come to our church without a bible so when they do we gift them these. They are easy to read and good for their price! If you are looking for a simple paperback bible to giveaway, I recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecclesiastes, October 23, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
I love reading and there have been many books that have impacted me. The book that has impacted me the most has been Ecclesiastes. One verse that has helped me a lot is Ecclesiastes 11:10, it says,"So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor and meaningless." It always reminds me that I don't need to stress out about things, because I am still young and I have my whole life ahead of me. It is a great book about wisdom and it corrects many common thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Bibles for youth groups, February 22, 2008
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
these Bibles were in perfect condition and the "paperback" is slick and quite thick, so will be very durable, even though the kids love to roll them and bend them back when they use them. The wonderful thing is that they love the translation (NIV) and are using them. they were packed well and arrived in 6 days. thanks so much for the great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 29, 2010
This review is from: NIV Bible (Hardcover)
This Bible is the best I have had. I never understood the other versions, but this puts it in terms I can read and understand what is being said.

4.0 out of 5 stars NIV Bible, September 18, 2009
David M. French "David" (Raymond, MS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
An excellent study Bible, very portable and easy to use. It is being used by my daughter in her Bible class at school. Fits her needs perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the Price, March 10, 2008
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
We ordered these Bibles to provide them in a men's study group my husband just started at work. Most men coming did not bring/have their own Bibles. We appreciated getting NIV Bibles for such a great price.

However, they are very basic - not a lot of "extras." Definitely not a study Bible or one you would want as your primary Bible.

They work great for the purpose we bought them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cheap Bible, March 27, 2010
B. Redd (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Bible (Paperback)
I love this translation! It's way more readable than the King James version, and still feels Bible-y. Also, it makes a great balance between having readable text and still being fairly compact, while also being very cheap. The only downside is that the ink has a tendency to come off the page a little bit (a side effect of being super cheap, I'm sure). Overall, I'd highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

NIV Bible
NIV Bible by Zondervan (Paperback - January 19, 1987)
Used & New from: $0.01