5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and FUN!
Published 7 months ago by Ricardo C. Laos

3.0 out of 5 stars Screen is pretty mediocre
Price is ridiculously good right now ($59 as I am writing this), but I wouldn't pay much more for this.

Pro's:Resolution is great compared to other frames and it maintains a 4:3 aspect ratio, it is pretty easy to use and has most of the adjustment options I would want. Good input options.

Con's: The quality of the screen is pretty much trash compared...
Published 8 months ago by Apples

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and FUN!, December 10, 2013
Ricardo C. Laos (Portland, OR, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIX Ultra Thin 10 inch Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 4GB USB Memory Drive (Camera)
We had a hard time choosing a Picture frame from all the choices that Amazon has! Finally zeroed in on Nix for value, and high resolution! We got this for my mom who is 91 years old, and she picked up using it in no time! You can make sub-directories on either the USB thumb drive, or the SD card, and then see them in the "EDIT" function on the remote control, and look at each directory in a group format which makes it very easy to find a particular picture, and access to everything on either card is very easy! I was tickled by the movie function which plays the latest .MOV format that the tablet/phones use! I did not have the time to check the AVCHD format that the HD cameras save, but that would be a pleasant surprise! The remote even has a volume control for the movies! The High resolution on this 10 inch model has a beautiful picture, and the zoom/center feature is really cool! I would recommend this unit to anyone and everyone!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Screen is pretty mediocre, November 18, 2013

Con's: The quality of the screen is pretty much trash compared to my laptop's screen (macbook air). I want to clarify though- it doesn't compare to ANY modern laptop screen in terms of quality- even a cheap laptop. Don't be fooled by it's "IPS" classification. Everything looks quite washed out and I've played with the screen settings substantially. That being said, I suspect other frames like this one are probably even worse so I can't fault them too much here. Again for $59 this is acceptable, but if it was $100 I would be sending this thing right back.

This is probably fine for giving to your parents or someone who isn't going to care much about the quality. Manage your expectations.

If anyone else buys it, I found that the following settings replicate my laptop screen the best: Brightness:9, Contrast:4, Saturation: 15.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this digital frame, November 19, 2013
Susanne D. Rector (Thousand oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
What a fantastic digital frame! It's sleek and elegant looking. Size is perfect for displaying promo video on a table top or counter, with good resolution. The stand is more robust than most other digital frames I've seen. I love the fact that it comes with a mini flash drive to load your display items onto. Great value for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, I've given more than 1 as gifts, December 14, 2013
This is the 1st 10 inch model I've purchased & I like the sizing better than my 8 inch.

This is simple as advertised, pretty much plug & play. The settings menu on this is improved over the 8 inch ones I've given to relatives & have myself. I'd say the menu is now very easy.

I like the motion detector on/off setting best & so do my elderly parents. Simple, if you're there its on and if you're not its not.

The remote is handy although once I set it up I don't use it, still nice to have. It comes with a 4GB thumb drive to hold a huge number of photos & it is a streamlined thumb drive such that it doesn't stick out a mile.

Overall this I like the product line and this new model is a step up from the others I have & have gifted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Processing Limitations and Reboot, January 2, 2014
Received frame for Christmas and proceeded to load a USB drive with 30 pictures, some with 3648X2048 pixels. Slide show would stop after 10-20 min and the only way to restart was unplug and plug (reboot). Called helpdesk and was advised that the picture size was bogging down the unit's processor, that I should limit the pixels to 800X600 - they even emailed me 5 photos to try. Their photos allowed a continuous running of the 5 picture slide show. So I took my 30 pictures and resaved them in 800X600 size, (which took me half a day to learn how to do), put them on the USB drive and had almost 24 successive hours of slide show. Then it stopped again. I rebooted and it stopped again within 3 hours. I am not a happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this, December 15, 2013
My family is spread over the US. I purchased this for my mom. It was so easy my family all sent pics to add email walgreens photo albums so many different sources cant list them all. I also scanned many old photos some 40+ years old and they all came out great of course the quality of the original is the quality of the display. I cant tell you the memories that pop out of this frame going through them. Everyone should get thier old photos out of boxes and add them to these frames brings them back to life. I really think this will be the best gift I have ever given. I cant wait to hear from her after she gets it. I need one for myself now. I am not overly computer savy so if I can do it anyone can. Oh yeah supose its personal preference but I did not resize them either don't think I needed to. Everything from snapshots to professional photos all display beautifully. Just make sure you get them all set to show from landscape viewing the frame takes care of the rest by blacking out the sides on portrait pics. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Great Value, March 20, 2014
Sony's high end frames are no longer available. This frame cost 1/3 the cost and it is very hard to complain. It has very nice software and plenty of memory. I am pleased as my expensive Sony lasted 3 years as did not use 100000 hour LED's as I had hoped for the almost $300 price.

This is a very fine product I am pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I found Nix earlier!, March 19, 2014
I'm a digital photo frame junkie! This is the fourth frame I've purchased and by far the best. I was recently married and wanted to share my wedding album with my grandparents and thought what better way than a 10 inch digital frame. My grandparents absolutely love it, especially the video function. (Yes it is easy enough for my 85+ year old grandparents to operate and show their friends.) Being an owner of other frames from HP and Viewsonic I have to say this is by far my favorite and wish I would have found Nix earlier before purchasing my others.

2.0 out of 5 stars average, January 23, 2014
Besides the fact that mine came with about 70% of the screen broken...this frame looked cheap and too flimsy. I don't think it is worth paying $80 for this... I still uploaded some pictures to see how it worked. It was extremely easy to set up. The motion sensor worked and I really liked that feature. Even though the screen was damaged, I could still see the slideshow a little...which by the way seemed a bit outdated with all the fading in and out. Overall it looks cheap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, December 31, 2013
Mike G (Argyle, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Simple to set up, simple to use. I'm a landscape photographer, and got this as a gift for the parents to view my work. Very satisfied overall with the unit, but just one complaint. That is, the viewing time per slide seems to adjust itself haphazardly. I have the viewing time set to about 8 seconds per image, but its hit and miss...some are longer, some are shorter. The unit default is 3 seconds, and even that is hit and miss...most of the time, its 15 seconds or so per image. Not that big a deal to where I wouldn't recommend the unit, but it is a little distracting. Overall, it does what it does well. I'd recommend it.

Rate and Discover Movies