Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 10, 2013
We had a hard time choosing a Picture frame from all the choices that Amazon has! Finally zeroed in on Nix for value, and high resolution! We got this for my mom who is 91 years old, and she picked up using it in no time! You can make sub-directories on either the USB thumb drive, or the SD card, and then see them in the "EDIT" function on the remote control, and look at each directory in a group format which makes it very easy to find a particular picture, and access to everything on either card is very easy! I was tickled by the movie function which plays the latest .MOV format that the tablet/phones use! I did not have the time to check the AVCHD format that the HD cameras save, but that would be a pleasant surprise! The remote even has a volume control for the movies! The High resolution on this 10 inch model has a beautiful picture, and the zoom/center feature is really cool! I would recommend this unit to anyone and everyone!!!!
11 comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2013
What a fantastic digital frame! It's sleek and elegant looking. Size is perfect for displaying promo video on a table top or counter, with good resolution. The stand is more robust than most other digital frames I've seen. I love the fact that it comes with a mini flash drive to load your display items onto. Great value for the price!
on December 15, 2013
My family is spread over the US. I purchased this for my mom. It was so easy my family all sent pics to add email walgreens photo albums so many different sources cant list them all. I also scanned many old photos some 40+ years old and they all came out great of course the quality of the original is the quality of the display. I cant tell you the memories that pop out of this frame going through them. Everyone should get thier old photos out of boxes and add them to these frames brings them back to life. I really think this will be the best gift I have ever given. I cant wait to hear from her after she gets it. I need one for myself now. I am not overly computer savy so if I can do it anyone can. Oh yeah supose its personal preference but I did not resize them either don't think I needed to. Everything from snapshots to professional photos all display beautifully. Just make sure you get them all set to show from landscape viewing the frame takes care of the rest by blacking out the sides on portrait pics. Hope this helps.
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2014
Sony's high end frames are no longer available. This frame cost 1/3 the cost and it is very hard to complain. It has very nice software and plenty of memory. I am pleased as my expensive Sony lasted 3 years as did not use 100000 hour LED's as I had hoped for the almost $300 price.

This is a very fine product I am pleased!
on November 18, 2013
Price is ridiculously good right now ($59 as I am writing this), but I wouldn't pay much more for this.

Pro's:Resolution is great compared to other frames and it maintains a 4:3 aspect ratio, it is pretty easy to use and has most of the adjustment options I would want. Good input options.

Con's: The quality of the screen is pretty much trash compared to my laptop's screen (macbook air). I want to clarify though- it doesn't compare to ANY modern laptop screen in terms of quality- even a cheap laptop. Don't be fooled by it's "IPS" classification. Everything looks quite washed out and I've played with the screen settings substantially. That being said, I suspect other frames like this one are probably even worse so I can't fault them too much here. Again for $59 this is acceptable, but if it was $100 I would be sending this thing right back.

This is probably fine for giving to your parents or someone who isn't going to care much about the quality. Manage your expectations.

If anyone else buys it, I found that the following settings replicate my laptop screen the best: Brightness:9, Contrast:4, Saturation: 15.
1010 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2013
This is the 1st 10 inch model I've purchased & I like the sizing better than my 8 inch.

This is simple as advertised, pretty much plug & play. The settings menu on this is improved over the 8 inch ones I've given to relatives & have myself. I'd say the menu is now very easy.

I like the motion detector on/off setting best & so do my elderly parents. Simple, if you're there its on and if you're not its not.

The remote is handy although once I set it up I don't use it, still nice to have. It comes with a 4GB thumb drive to hold a huge number of photos & it is a streamlined thumb drive such that it doesn't stick out a mile.

Overall this I like the product line and this new model is a step up from the others I have & have gifted.
on April 5, 2014
We just got this for my grandparents when they moved. We digitized their old photos they hadn't seen in years! The slide show can be adjusted with various settings so you can get it just to your liking, although the user interface looks like something out of the 90s, the actual picture quality of the slideshow is excellent. The screen is huge and very clear. The motion sensor is great because they don't need to worry about turning it on and off (they're not so great with technology). It's plugged in so they don't need to fuss with batteries or anything, they just leave it on the table and watch it go.
on September 16, 2015
I actually have the 8-inch Nix digital frame and enjoyed it. When my dad hinted at wanting a larger model, I purchased this one for his birthday. Immediately after plugging it in there were issues. The frame kept telling me that my image format and media (USB and SD/SDHC weren't supported) - clearly opposite of what the frame specs indicated. It took me fifteen minutes and a lot of back and forth between adjusting the setting options and the media itself (to make sure it was inserted properly) before my images would play. This unfortunately didn't last long and soon I was back to the unsupported file and media type. I opted to hop online to figure out what on earth was going wrong with this and discovered that your image formats need to be in standard JPG/JPEG and not progressive JPG/JPEG - sure, as if the casual (and not overly tech savvy person) would know to think about that before buying a product like this for themselves or as a gift to others who may not also be very tech savvy. I consider myself to be very tech savvy and never in a million years would I have considered this to be an issue ESPECIALLY after having the same photos work on the 8-inch Nix frame without a problem. After consulting the internet, I discovered (from the Nix website) that a separate utility needs to be downloaded in order to convert your photos to the "proper" JPG/JPEG format so that you can view your photos on the frame accordingly. Talk about a pain in the rear-end! The additional software isn't even a Nix product! For those interested, it is called FastZone Resizer - it appears to work as intended and didn't flag my antivirus or malware utilities. Link: http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm - Now that my photos work again, the display of this frame is very crisp and the detail of my images is awesome. I find that the remote is not overly responsive and results in having to hit buttons repeatedly in order to get the frame to do what you want. I think that next time I go for a digital frame I will do what others are doing: either A). Use a laptop B). Use my smart tv or C): Get a dedicated screen with SD/SDHC/USB capabilities.
on March 24, 2016
Same experience as I read in another review. Screen had a large paper "Welcome to NIX" sticker glued to it. After peeling off as much as I could, I was able to get the rest of the paper off using a warm soapy sponge, however the adhesive film would not budge. I imagine I might have gotten it off with a stronger solvent, but I was afraid that would damage it and then I would not be able to return it.

So it is on its way back to Amazon.
on December 31, 2013
Simple to set up, simple to use. I'm a landscape photographer, and got this as a gift for the parents to view my work. Very satisfied overall with the unit, but just one complaint. That is, the viewing time per slide seems to adjust itself haphazardly. I have the viewing time set to about 8 seconds per image, but its hit and miss...some are longer, some are shorter. The unit default is 3 seconds, and even that is hit and miss...most of the time, its 15 seconds or so per image. Not that big a deal to where I wouldn't recommend the unit, but it is a little distracting. Overall, it does what it does well. I'd recommend it.