Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 18, 2013
I'm happy with the physical hardware of the frame but the operation can become very clunky depending on what type of pictures you load onto it. Certain files will render the frame almost useless. I found Nix tech support very responsive, but was left wondering why they did not include the information they provided me in the owner's manual (and thus, my 4-stars). Here's what you need to know. Each size frame has an optimum resolution and "DPI", and your pictures should be sized / re-sized in accordance with it. The 15" frame's resolution is 1280 x 800, with a DPI of 72. Tech support told me that a DPI of 300 for example, will cause the frame to "stop, freeze, pixelate, or skip the photo altogether". Additionally, all photos have to meet certain naming criteria. The re-sizing and re-naming can be accomplished easily with certain programs such as 'FastStone Photo Resizer' (which is free). Here are two excellent links describing the process you need to follow. Once I did this, my frame started working great.
[...]
[...]
1212 comments| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Frame works as described by other reviewers. Software is definitely clunky but workable. Note that you need to scroll down (arrow key) to get to the second menu page to set screen brightness, motion detector, etc. Resolution/clarity is OK on the 15" screen, but this is no Apple Retina Display (nor does it cost as much). Viewing angle is fairly tight, so this is probably not the "monitor" to use for a large room.

After 2 years the on-off switch failed. After a pleasant call to Nix customer service, I sent it back for repair (my shipping cost, since it was out of warranty) and they repaired and shipped back to me at no cost (including a new accessory pack). EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
on November 22, 2014
I purchased 3 of these. I got them mounted on my wall and loved them. After about 3 months one of them went out - the plastic where the switch is mounted has started melting which worries me - this could have burnt my house down. Needless to say it no longer works. Today (about 6 months after I purchased them) another one went out. Although this one didn't melt the plastic it is the same problem (switch has gone out). So now I have 2 out of 3 that no longer work. I'll send them back for repair but I will never purchase through this company again. For what you pay for these, they shouldn't be going out after 6 months of use and they definitely shouldn't be a fire hazard. Very disappointed.
review image
on September 11, 2013
Excellent picture frame, resolution is much better than two prior ones I owned. It was super easy to set up, just inserted my SD card, plugged it in and away it went. I did not try the video function or the motion sensing function so can't comment on those features. Setup options were easily customizable. Great Value for a 15" frame!
on March 3, 2014
We got the frame for our church to display pictures of our missionaries in our foyer.

Here's the good:
Display is large (can be seen from a distance)
Display is clear (better than enough for portraits)
Display is convenient (storage system allows for enough photos, is included, and has other options)
Display is affordable

Here's the bad (only reason not a 5 star):
Software is indeed a little bit of a challenge. The one feature I would love is the ability to display the pictures by name (rather than by original or random). Display by original means the order on which they were copied to the usb drive - which is not necessarily in date/time or name order. We overcame it but we had less than 100 photos (so far). I can imagine the difficulty of just trying to replace one photo in the middle of our list.

All in all, a very good frame for the price. Read the reviews for specific details. If something in the reviews is a concern, then it will be when you go to use it. If not, then you got yourself a great frame at a great price!
on November 25, 2013
I have three other similar frames, but this one takes the cake. Out of the box, set up time, by my watch was 64 seconds. I had hundreds of pictures going by in slide show mode in no time. I then, like most men, read the instructions and fine tuned my settings. Directions clear, concise, and written by native English writer so it was easy to follow. I have nothing but positive comments to report at this time and am thinking of buying a few as gifts for family and friends. I am looking forward to ability to push pictures to these frames as that is the only thing mine lacks now which I would like for grandparents etc. For now, I will just have to send and have them download to the USB stick sent with the frame. Package was appropriate and product seems to be of better quality then my others.
on August 31, 2013
Don't buy this if you want to play video, but the still image display is satisfactory. The description of this item says the display is 1024x768 and it plays MPEG-4 and AVI video. It won't play MPEG-4 video though. Their website support makes statements that basically say the variation of video formats is quite a problem and don't be surprised if you get lousy results. They recommend a video converter program called "Any Video Converter," and their instructions tell you to convert your video with this software to AVI format at 720x576 only. Their statement is "THESE ARE THE ONLY SETTINGS YOU CAN USE FOR THIS FRAME." An AVI file at 720x576 produces pixelated video that is very poor quality. Also on their website they mention that it will also play MPEG2 and MPEG-2 video. I tried these two formats and the results were even worse than the AVI.
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
The reason I only gave this device three stars is that it will not play any of my MP4 videos. The instructions with the frame state that it will not play high definition videos, however this information is not provided on Amazon. The device only plays pictures or videos, but not both. The frame is great for pictures.
on October 14, 2013
The set up was a snap and the picture quality is great for the price. The transitions are smooth and it had no problems with my high capacity SD card and large file sizes (greater than 10M).
on January 17, 2014
I go this for my 80 year old mother in law. I was worried because she's not tech-savvy, to say the least. She opened the box, plugged in the USB drive that I had loaded hundreds of family photos onto and she sat back and enjoyed the show. I know she'll never figure out all the features the frame offers but the picture quality is superb and she is still mesmerized by the slide show weeks later. The rest of the family was so jealous, they had the same idea but never got around to it, they thought it would be too complicated. It was her favorite Xmas gift, SCORE!