4.0 out of 5 stars Good Frame But You Need To Know....
Published 12 months ago by Probe

3.0 out of 5 stars Plays JPEGs nicely, but video is lousy.
Published 15 months ago by Carl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Frame But You Need To Know...., December 18, 2013
This review is from: NIX 15 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 16GB Memory - X15C (Camera)
I'm happy with the physical hardware of the frame but the operation can become very clunky depending on what type of pictures you load onto it. Certain files will render the frame almost useless. I found Nix tech support very responsive, but was left wondering why they did not include the information they provided me in the owner's manual (and thus, my 4-stars). Here's what you need to know. Each size frame has an optimum resolution and "DPI", and your pictures should be sized / re-sized in accordance with it. The 15" frame's resolution is 1280 x 800, with a DPI of 72. Tech support told me that a DPI of 300 for example, will cause the frame to "stop, freeze, pixelate, or skip the photo altogether". Additionally, all photos have to meet certain naming criteria. The re-sizing and re-naming can be accomplished easily with certain programs such as 'FastStone Photo Resizer' (which is free). Here are two excellent links describing the process you need to follow. Once I did this, my frame started working great.
[...]
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the $, October 4, 2013
Frame works as described by other reviewers. Software is definitely clunky but workable. Note that you need to scroll down (arrow key) to get to the second menu page to set screen brightness, motion detector, etc. Resolution/clarity is OK on the 15" screen, but this is no Apple Retina Display (nor does it cost as much). Viewing angle is fairly tight, so this is probably not the "monitor" to use for a large room.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plays JPEGs nicely, but video is lousy., August 31, 2013
Don't buy this if you want to play video, but the still image display is satisfactory. The description of this item says the display is 1024x768 and it plays MPEG-4 and AVI video. It won't play MPEG-4 video though. Their website support makes statements that basically say the variation of video formats is quite a problem and don't be surprised if you get lousy results. They recommend a video converter program called "Any Video Converter," and their instructions tell you to convert your video with this software to AVI format at 720x576 only. Their statement is "THESE ARE THE ONLY SETTINGS YOU CAN USE FOR THIS FRAME." An AVI file at 720x576 produces pixelated video that is very poor quality. Also on their website they mention that it will also play MPEG2 and MPEG-2 video. I tried these two formats and the results were even worse than the AVI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resolution, Size and Value, September 11, 2013
Excellent picture frame, resolution is much better than two prior ones I owned. It was super easy to set up, just inserted my SD card, plugged it in and away it went. I did not try the video function or the motion sensing function so can't comment on those features. Setup options were easily customizable. Great Value for a 15" frame!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product.....I am buying more., November 25, 2013
I have three other similar frames, but this one takes the cake. Out of the box, set up time, by my watch was 64 seconds. I had hundreds of pictures going by in slide show mode in no time. I then, like most men, read the instructions and fine tuned my settings. Directions clear, concise, and written by native English writer so it was easy to follow. I have nothing but positive comments to report at this time and am thinking of buying a few as gifts for family and friends. I am looking forward to ability to push pictures to these frames as that is the only thing mine lacks now which I would like for grandparents etc. For now, I will just have to send and have them download to the USB stick sent with the frame. Package was appropriate and product seems to be of better quality then my others.

3.0 out of 5 stars 15 inch Digital Photo Frame, November 13, 2013
William Mann "William" (Arlington, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
The reason I only gave this device three stars is that it will not play any of my MP4 videos. The instructions with the frame state that it will not play high definition videos, however this information is not provided on Amazon. The device only plays pictures or videos, but not both. The frame is great for pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but also as reviewed, March 3, 2014
We got the frame for our church to display pictures of our missionaries in our foyer.

Here's the good:
Display is large (can be seen from a distance)
Display is clear (better than enough for portraits)
Display is convenient (storage system allows for enough photos, is included, and has other options)
Display is affordable

Here's the bad (only reason not a 5 star):
Software is indeed a little bit of a challenge. The one feature I would love is the ability to display the pictures by name (rather than by original or random). Display by original means the order on which they were copied to the usb drive - which is not necessarily in date/time or name order. We overcame it but we had less than 100 photos (so far). I can imagine the difficulty of just trying to replace one photo in the middle of our list.

All in all, a very good frame for the price. Read the reviews for specific details. If something in the reviews is a concern, then it will be when you go to use it. If not, then you got yourself a great frame at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Frame, October 14, 2013
The set up was a snap and the picture quality is great for the price. The transitions are smooth and it had no problems with my high capacity SD card and large file sizes (greater than 10M).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good product. Disappointment., December 25, 2013
Pros:
-large
-bright

Cons:
-Big power supply. You can hang it on the wall if you want, after buying the mount, but you'd better be prepared to hide a big power supply somehow, because it's not hiding being the frame.
-Setting display order to Random causes frame to freeze up after first image.
-Loaded up 1G worth of images on the supplied 4G USB drive. After slideshow started, it only played about 90 or so photos and then froze.

Overall, very disappointed. Will be returning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 6, 2014
Ronald P Bobulski (Rolling Meadows, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This frame is advertised as "Plug and Play" but that is only true if your photos area all JPEG photos, under 500KB and the names do not contain unnecessary periods, underscores and symbols. My unit was not performing well so I contacted customer support and they responded promptly. After a few failed attempts I received a program to resize and rename my photos. I now have pictures showing on my frame but not at the desired rate. I have it set to 3 seconds but the photos are visible for up to a few minutes before changing. I have noticed photos badly pixilated three times. The remote control has stopped working after a few days. The unit does not turn off by itself so the motion sensor apparently does not work as advertised. On the positive side, the photos do show well but I cannot give this product a good review with all the problems I have encountered..