Published on April 9, 2010 by Caponsacchi

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
I am content with this frame. I received it as a gift. The resolution is crisp, the pictures generally look good.

A couple minor issues, though: the instructions that come with the frame are HORRIBLE. There isn't really that much functionality here; there's no reason they could not have written up better instructions.

Also, my pictures come out a...
Published on November 29, 2010 by Eddie G

4.0 out of 5 stars Low-priced, entry-level frame that may not satisfy all tastes, April 9, 2010
This review is from: NIX 7 Inch Hu-Motion Digital Photo Frame - X07E. Motion Sensor for Auto On/Off & Hi Res 800 x 480 Screen (Camera)
No doubt some shoppers will be attracted to this particular frame because of the "value" price. If so, rest assured that it's a quality item made by a new and unfamiliar company (to U.S. customers) that offers highly responsive customer support. When I was somewhat disappointed with the resolution of images despite the modest price (even lower in its Amazon debut), I sent a couple of e-mails to NIX, both receiving immediate and helpful responses. On the basis of the information provided, I moved up to the NIX XO8A frame which, I discovered, represents more recent technology. The resolution was considerably sharper (close to that of a new computer screen), and the 8" dimensions I found more satisfying than the 7" screen for one overriding reason: whether viewed vertically or horizontally, the image was clear and vivid--large enough, in fact, that it was possible to enjoy rectangular-oriented and vertical-oriented images equally without rotating the frame. With the 7" model, on the other hand, a vertical image became so reduced in size that it was practically mandatory to rotate the entire frame to a vertical position to be able to enlarge the image sufficiently to see it clearly. With the 8" model, you can set the frame on your desk and forget about it.

Still, it's unlikely you'll find as good let alone a better frame than the X07B at this price point. Moreover, springing for the 8" model is apt to make some buyers wonder if they shouldn't go one better and splurge on a cordless model with built-in memory. If I had required a rationale to keep this one, it would have been that it represents a minimal investment in rapidly changing technology (I know individuals who are still kicking themselves for purchasing a 720p screen just before 1080p became the norm or, a little later, a 120hz refresh rate replaced a "mere" 60hz or, more recently, a 3-dimensional set struck their fancy far more than the expensive two-dimensional model that had recently arrived in their living room.) So in a rapidly changing technological field of necessarily depreciating assets, sometimes it makes sense to contain your inevitable losses. Nevertheless, the difference between the NIX X07B and X08A models is likely to strike some consumers as fairly dramatic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Digital frame I could find for the price range, July 21, 2010
Me and my friend both bought ourselves 3 different digi-photo frames each, within the price range of $30-$60. So among all those 6 different photo frames, this one was the best. It has a lot of functionalities, with a pretty cool auto rotate function. It has a remote, and differnt photo presentation formats. It's very compact, with a small frame so you get to maximize the 7" screen. Above all, it accepts usb sticks, which to me is more practical than always using sd cards.

The only thing I could wish for is a slightly better resolution. I mean, the resolution is good enough, just a tad bit pixelated. But oh well, what did you expect for the price?

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good! 16:9 is a poor choice though., December 20, 2012
Length:: 0:59 Mins

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this fame. I know how terrible cheap LCD panels can be and figured these probably use the same blurry panels with 50 stuck pixels that many of the really cheap digital frames use. I was shocked to discover that this actually uses a decent panel and no stuck pixels on the one I got. Score!

The UI is pretty basic with a few settings to change the slide speed, transition effects, date and time (for the calendar), etc. You can check out the silent video I uploaded which demos some of the user interface.

As for interfaces, this model has an SD card slot (SD and SDHC. SHXC is not listed and I suspect not supported) and a USB port. The USB port works perfectly with the SanDisk Cruzer Fit SDCZ33-008G-B35 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black I picked up for use with the frame. Since the USB port is so close to the edge, you'll want to stick with a small USB flash drive (or an SD card) so it doesn't stick out the side and ruin the clean appearance. I couldn't resist seeing what happens if you connect the frame directly to a computer. The answer is... nothing! As expected, but I had to find out. The slideshow will start automatically when you insert a card or USB drive with photos. The frame has a orientation sensor and will shift to portrait or landscape automatically when rotated.

I purchased this to send to my mother for Christmas. I exported a whole bunch of photos to the 8 gig card I got from Apple's Aperture using the "Fit within 1024 x 1024" setting since there's no point wasting space on an 800 x 480 display. Like I said about the screen, I'm impressed with the photo quality. Is it as a good as the IPS panel I use on my computer? Hell no. But it does the job without costing $100 a frame. There's only a colour shift when I look at it from a sharp upward angle, other than that it's pretty damn good.

My only real gripe with it is the 16:9 screen. Why? WHY? What on earth is the point of a 16:9 screen on something which doesn't play videos? In future versions I would like to see at least a 4:3 (most point and shoots) or ideally a 3:2 (DSLRs) screen since it's soul reason for existence is to display photos which ALL are cropped/resized on a 16:9 screen such as this. I get that 16:9 screens are cheap now, but c'mon. It's supposed to show photos and with a 16:9 it has to crop every single one!

A minor change would be to add a place for a screw mount to stick it on a wall. It'd be a nice touch although you'd be stuck with an unsightly wire running to it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, November 29, 2010

Also, my pictures come out a little "stretched" horizontally. No, I do not have the aspect ratio on "stretch"--I have it on "original" ratio. I wish there were a way to tweak the display slightly. Does anyone know how to do that?

Still, the pictures are displayed very crisply, and for the price I believe the gift-giver paid, I am happy with the frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Easy, September 5, 2011
This product was extremely easy to set up. Including the amount of time that it takes to copy files to a memory card, it took a grand total of 10 minutes to have the time, date and various other settings all chosen while pictures were randomly displaying. The display is a little smaller than i hoped but that really is my fault. The pictures are clear and there are various effects, transition effects and it tries it's best to display the picture in an orientation that makes sense. Although in my opinion the "cordless" feature is a bit of a gimmick the battery charges fairly quickly and may be convenient in certain instances.
I would fully recommend this product to anybody who is looking for a cheap digital picture frame, especially those people who are not technically savvy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portrait, June 28, 2010
Really good digital frame, it's USB and SD slot work great.. it also flips the image when you move the frame

4.0 out of 5 stars Great digital photo frame!, November 18, 2010
I've been looking everywhere for a decent yet reasonably priced photo frame. After reading the positive reviews left by other buyers, I decided to purchase this frame as a Christmas gift for my sister.

I must say that I am very impressed with the quality and simplicity of the frame. I like the sleek style, the random slideshow option and the way the pictures are displayed with clarity. I have no complaints and highly recommend this product. You won't be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use but..., October 17, 2012
On my first foray into digital photo frames, I purchased the NIX 7" based on its generally good review and reasonable price. At the same time, I purchased a Pandigital 8".

Out of the box, I found the NIX much easier to use than the Pandigital (I am using loaded 16GB SD Cards). I plugged it in, plugged in the card, and boom, I had displayed photos. (I had much less luck with the Pandigital which took about 10-15 minutes of frustrating troubleshooting to figure out.)

Sadly, I've nixed the NIX, and I'm sending it back to Amazon, disappointed with the quality of the image and the plastic frame around it. Teh resolution of my unit was not what I'd hoped it would be (the Pandigital looks great), stretched the images just enough to be noticeable, and was too bright even at its lowest setting.

It's not terrible, but I probably won't purchase another NIX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great frame!, November 3, 2010
I love this frame. It has so many options and the photos have great quality on the screen. I would buy another one. It even rotates if you want to have the frame sit on your desk vertically instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice frame, I would recommend, November 5, 2010
Frame is really good. To be honest never tried branded frames, like Sony or others, but this is just good, picture is very realistic and price is low.