NIX - A breakthrough or complete bust? This inexpensive brand has suddenly appeared with every feature desirable, including optional battery operation (on the models over $50). Little feedback, so Amazon's decision to carry it is its best recommendation so far. But not much to lose for a $25 digital frame, except I'm wondering if 4:3 isn't preferable to 16:9, which the $25 appears to be. Lots of space at the sides of the frame. But the main drawback has been the hours required to fill them. My kids never bothered to use the $70 models they received at Xmas (Kodak frames).
asked by Caponsacchi on April 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
I too have been impressed with this new brand. From what I can tell they are a designer brand from the UK, but they seem to have two distinct ranges: the TS ranges which is the designer range with touch controls and internal batteries and the more affordable X range. I bought an x08a for myself cause i wanted something simple and affordable. I was really happy with it's slim design and the added features over the similar cheap 8 inch frames - like the split screen and auto-rotate function. My elderly mom wanted one after seeing mine, so i decided to spring for the more expensive ts08c cause of her bad eyesight. I wanted her to be able to sit in her chair and see the frame up close and this frame has an internal rechargeable battery so it was prefect. all in all i get the impression these guys are trying to cater for the designer market and the budget market with two different ranges.
L. Hill answered on April 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One thing about NIX that SHOULD be mentioned is thier EXCELLENT customer service. I am a 54 year old guy and I have NEVER had a company perform so well from a customer service point of view. I will buy NIX and nothing else in the future. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, and my mother was moved to tears with the pics that we downloaded to the frame...
William B. Graves answered on May 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›