‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ WITH YOUR LIL ONES, April 23, 2012
R. Katzenstein (Santa Monica, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
As a former sex crimes prosecutor, I am very picky about what books are appropriate as safety tools for children. This book passes my test as a prosecutor and as a mom! Hands down, Fitzgerald's book is a must read for parents with their lil' ones. It is non-fear mongering, easy to read, AND effectively teaches the must-know lessons of how to keep kids safe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young children or as an introduction to the topic, March 28, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
This book is perfect for my toddler aged son because it's short and to the point. I like that it really demonstrates that children get to be the boss of their own body. It educates children in following their feelings and putting up boundaries when they feel uncomfortable, even if it's a hug or tickles that makes them feel uncomfortable. I read this book to my 5 year old son as an introduction to the topic. He really likes it and asks me to read it to him frequently. But I chose another book as our primary source for teaching about safety in this arena because it's much more comprehensive. The other book is "I said no" and I highly recommend that book for older children (maybe 4 and older). "No trespassing-this is my body" uses a "thumbs up, thumbs down" in talking about whether a touch makes them feel happy (hugs) or is keeping them clean (bathing, etc.) or for a touch that makes them feel uncomfortable, "yucky", or scared. And it talks about stating your boundaries, leaving the situation, and telling a parent or trusted adult. I never felt uncomfortable or weird while reading this. The content is very appropriate and is tastefully done. It's a great way to start a dialog and keep a dialog going by reading again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to teach kids that they are the boss of their bodies!, January 26, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
We were so happy to get this book for our daughters. It not only teaches them how they are in charge of their bodies and that it's ok to say NO or STOP -- even when a family member does something they don't like (like pinching cheeks), but also empowers them!

We appreciated all the information for the parents in the back of the book as well. The prevention tips for pro-active parents was so useful. We have talked about the safety tips with our 8 year old, and she has already implemented some of the them!

Pattie Fitzgerald has found a way to share this information in a not so scary way for kids!

Thank you for all you are doing to keep kids safe!

Andrew & Sarah Barrett, Studio City, CA

5.0 out of 5 stars Suggested reading by our pediatrician, July 8, 2013
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
Our pediatrician suggested this type of book to teach our 4year old about private parts. I chose this book based on reviews and I feel that it was the right choice. It reads like any other children's book and our 4 year old enjoys reading it. I feel that it gets the point across of what private parts are and that we keep them private very well without being creepy or scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for early awareness, December 28, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
This is a great product for starting early with your kids about their bodies and what is inappropriate for an another to do. I also like how empowering it is to kids to teach them that they are in control of their bodies, not anyone else. I think kids may not realize that until they are told.

I have a 2.5 year old and wanted to start early telling him that he can say no, or tell us if anyone makes him uncomfortable. After reading this book several times, he seems aware that his body is his and he gets to decide what happens with it. We are sensitive to him telling us to stop tickling or wrestling during play too, to reiterate that a person should stop when he tells them, and if they don't it's not his fault. I know he is young, but I think this is a great introduction on being aware that not everyone is someone you can trust. It's just how the world is these days, and we have to equip our kids to know when to speak up from an early age.

I feel as my son gets older, this book, along with others, will help him to understand better, and give us a great foundation for open communication. This book is not scary or anything, and reads like any other story would, but teaches a valuable lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC! Taught my kids, Eased my fears, November 7, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
I was very nervous to talk to my children ages 4 and 8 about strangers and how to keep their bodies safe. I didn't want to scare them, yet I wanted to give them tools to understand the complexities of relationships in reference to keeping their bodies safe and finding their own voice. As I read through "This is my Body", I found myself relaxing. The book takes all of the important lessons we need to teach our children, and gets the point across in a way that is clear, effective and NOT scary. It has given me a new language to talk to my children about trusting their instincts, such as "Did you get an uh-oh feeling near that person?" "Was that a thumbs up or thumbs down experience?" I am so grateful to Pattie Fitzgerald and her book "This is My Body" for teaching me a way to talk to my kids and educate them on how to keep their bodies safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pattie is SO positive!, April 25, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
Thank you Pattie for creating, positive and educational book FOR CHILDREN and ADULTS!
Talking to kids about safety and about body is not an easy task to parents. Your work is incredible!
My kids love the book. We read it in parts and 'tackle' every part slowly. It gives us the opportunity to talk about 'these' issues, without being alarming for them.
I truly appreciate your work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch-perfect tool for parents, April 21, 2012
Bruce Dolin, Psy.D. (Los Angeles, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
As an expert on keeping children safe Pattie Fitzgerald distills her expertise into a practical book that empowers parents to walk that line between too much and too little information. We struggle as parents to educate and empower our children without scaring or overwhelming them. "No Trespassing--This is my Body" strikes the perfect note on this very important topic by way of clear and understandable communication that accomplishes just what it is intended to do: protect children and keep them safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for parents and kids, February 17, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
This book makes a difficult topic easy to approach with kids. It has helped me have important conversations with my 2 kids in a very organic way. I've attended Pattie's Safely Ever After Workshop as well, and her advice and approach, both in her book and her workshops, is profoundly effective. What Pattie offers and the way she presents information in a calm, digestible and engaging way, both for parents and for children, is one-of-a-kind. I highly recommend this book and her workshops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for helping keep kids safe!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! (Paperback)
Like many of the other reviewers, I have attended Patties workshops(which are simply AMAZING) and this book is the perfect extension of the work that she does in her live presentations. The content is based on her most top workshop safety points "Bathing suit areas are private" and "I don't keep secrets". Kids will relate to the material and parents will appreciate the non scary, non graphic content. Patties book is the perfect way to start (and continue!)the safety talk with your kids!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body!
NO Trespassing - This Is MY Body! by Pattie Fitzgerald (Paperback - December 5, 2011)
$12.95 $10.65