Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
UPDATE: March 27, 2014 - My original flashlight had an annoying flicker. I notified the company and they replaced my flashlight and I'm happy to say that the replacement does not flicker at all. That flicker was my major complaint with the original flashlight and since the replacement doesn't flicker I'm quite happy with the flashlight. I will leave my original review just in case other people have the flicker issue. If you do, contact the company. Otherwise everything else in my original review holds true. I've also added a new beginning to my video review to address a skeptic who did not believe me when I stated the it can fully charge my iPhone5s and have enough left in the batterypack to give me a partial second charge as well.

In many ways I'm very happy with the NOCO ChargeLight. It's extremely well-made, provides a substantial amount of light and is also a capable powerbank for charging your smartphone, mp3 player or other lower powered devices. It's not really designed with enough capacity to charge an iPad or other larger device. However it has a significant flaw that makes it a deal-breaker for me.

The ChargeLight is nicely packaged and comes with the following accessories:

➢ Dock
➢ Wrist Strap
➢ 40" USB to MicroUSB cable
➢ AC charger with 2.1A output. 100/240V, 50/60Hz

Battery capacity of the ChargeLight is 2600mAh. Depending on the capacity of your Smartphone the ChargeLight may or may not be able to fully charge it. My iPhone5s has 1570mAh battery in it so that provides about 1.5 charges (there is up to a 30% loss of capacity due to the charteristics of Li-ion batteries.

In addition to the powerbank function, it also has a 5 mode flashight:

➢Mode 1- 100% brightness - 250 Lumens - 4 Hrs runtime
➢Mode 2 - 50% brightness - 125 Lumens - 8 Hrs runtime
➢Mode 3 - 10% brightness - 25 Lumens - 72 Hrs runtime
➢Mode 4 - Strobe - 250 Lumens - 120 Hrs runtime
➢Mode 5 - Off

What's really convenient about the ChargeLight are the different ways you can charge it. You can use the provided AC adapter (100-240V, 50/60Hz, 2.1A output), or you can use the charging base. The charging base does double-duty since it also has a USB output port. You can also charge the ChargeLight directly using the provided USB to Micro USB cable. I like using the charging dock simply because it keeps the flashlight charged and also has a USB output to allow me to charge another device. That's great.

The ChargeLight is solid since it is made from a high grade aluminum casing. It's very smooth though and almost feels a little slippery in the hand. I'd prefer a knurling of some sort or rubberized coating that would make it more grippy.

The end of the ChargeLight has a Micro USB port for charging and a 1A USB output for charging another device such as a smartphone or other USB chargeable device.

The top of the ChargeLight has a small power button to turn the powerbank on/off. Above that is an LED indicator that blinks red when the powerbank is being charged.

Charging normally takes about 3 hours depending on the output power of the charging source. The LED also has several modes that help you determine the amount of charge in the battery:
➢ Green = Fully charged
➢ Red = Partially discharged but still able to provide power
➢ Blinking Red = completely discharged

Towards the flashlight end of the ChargeLight is the on/off button for the flashlight. It's a larger sized button. Both buttons are flush with the case and not that easy to accidentally turn on or off but even so, the ChargeLight has an excellent lock feature that will prevent accidentally turning on the flashlight. To activate the lock feature you simply hold both buttons down for 3 seconds. The LED will flash red 3 times to indicate that the lock in enabled. To turn off the lock you simply press the two buttons again for 3 seconds and the LED will flash green 3 times to indicate the lock feature has been disabled. Love this lockout feature because it ensures you won't accidentally discharge your battery during periods of non-use.

I like that the flashlight can stand on its end and also love the fact that because it is square, it won't roll when laid on a less than flat surface.

The deal-breaker for me is that the LED flashlight has an annoying, really annoying, flicker. The flicker is most noticeable at the 10% setting but is very obvious at the 50% setting also. Minimally noticeable at 100% brightness. I own about 10 other tactical LED flashlights. None of them exhibit even a minor amount of flicker at any brightness level so what I am observing in the NOCO is just unacceptable.

Other than fixing the flicker, about the only thing I could wish for is a better indication of the amount of power left in the ChargeLight. As it is right now, You only are given a very imprecise gague of how much power remains.

This is a beautifully designed flashlight/powerbank and the ease of operation, multiple charging options and the lock feature makes this a versatile and useful device to have around. It's a great emergency flashlight that is equally useful around the house, camping or just to throw in the glove box of your vehicle. If only there was no flicker in the LED flashlight this would be a much more appealing device. For now, I'd pass.

I was provided a sample for review.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The ChargeLight is one of the best portable chargers I have used. I use it to charge my iPhone and Samsung Tab 3. I haven't had any problems with the ChargeLight and I have been using it for several months.

- Small and Lightweight, I don't notice it in my purse
- Holds a charge for weeks
- Super bright flashlight with 3 dim modes along with a flashing emergency mode
- Multiple ways to speed recharge: USB, Charging dock
- Can recharge itself while charging another device

- My son keeps sneaking this away from me for his use
on March 17, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Impressive packaging, well made/high quality product.
Right out of the box, the instructions are a bit tedious, but detailed.
The wrist strap broke immediately. I have found myself missing this option, so I ended up finding one of my old camera straps and using that.
The charging dock doesn't have a snug fit & needs to be fiddled with to get it to charge.
An indicator light would be nice, to let you know just how much juice is left in the charger. The flashlight flickers near the end of its charge life.
The flashlight itself is ridiculously bright, the brightest one I've ever owned. I've actually had to switch down to a lower lumen just because the brightest bothers my eyes that much.
For the most part, I keep the light in my glovebox. It came in handy once while out and about and my phone was dying. It also came in handy to charge my mp3 player. It's a nice little gadget to keep handy. I would have purchased another for dh, since he likes it, but I'm waiting for a price drop.
on September 12, 2014
Being a flashaholic this is a excellent addition to my collection. Appears to be a excellent quality flashlight and charger. Yes it is on the expensive side however having the flashlight and the ability to charge one's phone is a Big plus. It would make a great gift.
The instructions state to not leave the flashlight in the charger for more than one week so do not leave it at home on the charger for periods exceeding one week. The type of battery used in this flashlight will retain it's charge for a very long period of time so there really is no need to leave it plugged into the charger. I am very happy with the purchase!
on December 8, 2014
The power goes out at our home several times a year. Since the charging base is so small and it's attractive enough to keep on the shelf, this flashlight is always charged and ready to go. We keep our portable speaker plugged into it,which keeps that continuously charged as well.

Light is powerful enough that we can stand the flashlight on end and light up the room during an outage.
on March 3, 2014
I am very happy that I got this. I have a similar device - about 18 months older that does not have the light. It just charges my phone. This NOCO CL3RD charges my phone AND has a useful light. I like it so much that I use it to get around the house at night, dark hotel rooms, and outside for late night walks. The charging unit at first seemed a bit touchy, but that turned out to be my anxiety more than anything else.

At home, my bedroom does not have electric power at night, so I have this light to get me around as needed. It charges rapidly during breakfast. Then it is in the car with me.

On hikes, it charges my phone and still has power for the light.
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a terrific back up USB battery pack with a built in LED light. Unlike many LED light/battery packs, this one can actually be used to light your way with adjustable lumen output. With a maximum brightness of 250 lumens in a very clean wide flood, this is a great light for emergencies. You won't be shining it down the street, but the flood aspect of it will light up your living room in a power outage.

The battery pack is charged by either a micro USB cable which is included or it can be charged in a handy dock. The pack itself contains a cell that is 2600 mah. It's not a large one, but it will charge most cell phones with enough juice to keep you going for awhile. Remember that this light/pack is thin and light and will easily slip into a pocket or purse/glovebox. Excellent product and I may get a couple more as gifts.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
While the NOCO Chargelight may not be unique, it is a very well thought out and constructed device. As the name implies, it is a combination flashlight and charger for small battery powered devices.

The Pros:
1. Nice feel and quality metal construction. It just feels solid.
2. Very strong focused flashlight with controllable intensity plus a strobe setting
3. Charging base also has a USB output port for charging a separate device
4. Can be charged via the charging base or directly from the AC adapter
5. Charge level indicator
6. A 3 foot USB to micro-USB cable is included

The Cons:
1. The charge level indicator is not very precise, the only indications are 100% or almost discharged
2. At the lowest light output, the flashlight sometimes flickers a bit towards the end of a charge

My overall reaction is very positive. I travel with this device often; it's great to have a handy, reliable, high output flashlight with the added capability to keep my other electronic items alive until I can charge them properly. Great idea and great execution!
VINE VOICEon February 25, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not going to list all the features of this item because unlike many other products, this seller has given a full listing of the important features in the item's Description section(s). One thing not listed in the Description section, however, is the ability to 'lock' the unit, keeping it from accidentally turning on & depleting the battery. Other reviewers have mentioned this already, but it bears repeating because it's such a useful feature, which shows that the product creators have really put an exhaustive amount of thought into this. I can't give it 5 stars, though, because of the price & some reported quality control problems. I'm looking forward to the next-generation of the ChargeLight.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 23, 2014
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is definitely not a cheap flashlight or battery pack. The light alone is impressively bright for such a small piece, and is perfect for travelers who don't want bulky equipment. For high-end users, this is a device I would recommend. It can charge a iPhone4s two times before dying.

The enclosed AC charger is a plus for those who may not have a USB plug available. The strap is also convenient during carrying. Highly recommended for travel bags and for anyone who needs added juice on the go. My only advice is to make the flashlight's handle slip-proof, either with a rubberized slip guard or with notched etching. All that aside, for a bright light, this is a very practical device.