Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on January 6, 2012
If you're looking to turn your Nook into an Android device by "rooting" it, this is the simplest way to get there. There's practically nothing to it aside from plugging it in and turning it on. It's really that easy. For the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc... that got a Nook for Christmas, but don't want to be stuck having to purchase all their content from B&N, this is the must-have accessory to buy. I set my Mother-in-law up with a Nook Color and this card, which runs CM7, and her Nook now has the Kindle app, Overdrive Media Console (public library books!), Aldiko reader, Netflix, etc... so her content can come from anywhere. It really adds many layers of functionality to an otherwise limited-use gadget.
on February 9, 2012
I purchased a Color Nook this past holiday season and found the Nook a nice little item. I am an Android cell phone user and have enjoyed the Android apps associated with my phone. I noticed B&N was trying to provide Android like apps for their device but they are not the same as what I was use to on my phone. I was surfing Amazon looking for any accessories for my Nook Color and came across this item. I was in need of a memory card for the Nook and figured if the program on the card didn't work no big deal I needed the memory card anyway. I was surprised at the ease of installation for this product; once the memory card is in, the Nook did the rest. Very little effort was required to get my Color Nook up and running with the Android app program. Once the Program had loaded and was running I enjoyed seeing my familiar apps from Android on my Nook. I tethered it to my cell phone and was surprised how the calendar app synced with each other. I've also been surprised how I can download previously paid for apps on my phone from Amazon App store and the Android Market to my Nook. Now I have the same apps on both devices without have to buy them twice. So all in all I am very pleased with this product. The developer of the product has a very helpful web site to use as well. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting to use Android apps on their Color Nook. Also the Dual Booting is very easy to use, if you want to use your Nook in the original B&N format it's very simple to boot to it and bypass this product. Just in case if you're worried you won't like the way your Nook downloads look using the Android app, don't worry, they look the same.
on March 22, 2012
I got a Nook Color for Christmas - love it, even in its stock version. I have no previous experience with ereaders, tablets - hell, even cell phones. That's right - no cell phone (I'm truly dating myself here, but so what.) Love my laptop though! Rambling... Anyway, I read 2-3 books per week and it is filling up quickly. I know I could delete them and free up space for more, but the NC is something I'd like to pass on to another who can't afford it as technology changes and improves, and I purchase (or more likely receive as a gift) an upgrade. I also enjoy casual games and word games, but really don't care for Barnes and Noble's proprietary operating system whereby I must purchase them only from B&N. The selection is limited also.

Enter the Nook & Android sd card! WOW! The OS is simple to dual boot, giving me the option to choose the stock B&N Nook OS or the cyanogen android OS without removing and re-inserting the card again and again. Easy to understand and maneuver, fun to explore... and very much worth the price for someone like me who does not want to attempt rooting the thing myself. Plus, it will not void the warranty. This has opened up the entire android market for me, and given me approximately 7 times as much space for my own books/files/games as the stock NC, which reserves most of its space for B&N content only.

Another reason why I bought the sd card is that it's removable... so even if my NC poops out I will have all the content I've accumulated on a card I can simply insert into a replacement. It would be worth it for this reason alone. For anyone older and/or more technologically challenged who owns an NC, this is a priceless addition.
on July 18, 2012
When I first received my item from the Seller I almost threw it out as Junk Mail as they taped the MicroSD card to a postcard stuck it in an envelope with additional postage that wasn't needed. I thought how odd?? So I went to a local Hot-Spot with free wi-fi for Dinner. I shut off my old Barnes and Noble Nook Color. Took out my old MicroSD Card. Inserted the New. Turned Device On. Waited a few minutes. The first Screen was like a DOS one when whole viewing area was black. Then a Droid icon with a blue circle circling around the Droid Icon was displayed for a couple of minutes. Then like December 25th the Nook became a Tablet! Like a Cell Phone on Steroids! I loaded all of my favorite Apps I could think of immediately through Google Play Android Market Store. I thought wow this is really amazing!! Good Job to the creators of this idea!!
on September 15, 2011
Quick shipping as promised, great customer service, and the card is awesome. Works as advertised and is so easy to do, while still leaving my Nook "stock" if I want (but I doubt I will often go back to a stock Nook!) Highly recommend!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
I was so iffy on getting this simply because I thought it really was not possiable to turn my hated Nook Color into a Android Tablet. I thought there was no hope left for my Nook Color because you can not do anything fun on it & the apps are just plain out crap. I sucked it up and purchased this baby with big hopes of a tablet. I ordered this 1 day shipping because I was leaving out within 2 days & needed it before I left. When it came, it was packaged with care & excellent instuctions on how to install it. I kept my fingers crossed, followed instructions right to the T & when it got to the part to reboot, I did that & got really scared because it took about 3 minutes to boot up. When it finally booted I was like "OMG THIS ROCKS", I finally had a tablet & no more Nook Color...WOOOHOOOO ENDLESS APPS & LOTS OF FUN.
Now the only issue I had to contact the seller about (fast responce back) was when charging, I was trying to type something in and the letters went crazy & started making it's own words, I could not play games or anything. At this point I was mad & then I got a e-mail back from the seller that said "Unplug It" & as soon as I did that....It was back to normal. So for some reason the Nook Color is un-usable when charging, so REMEMBER THIS. I would buy another card in a heartbeat for the things it has unlocked, it is so worth the little cash to buy this. GREAT SELLER/PRODUCT.
on January 2, 2012
I found this product on amazon after doing much research on other similar products. MemoryMogul offered the best price. I am glad to say that quality was not compromised due the much lower price. The company also has a website that included FAQs that were helpful.

I know that I could create a dual boot micro-sd card myself, but just didn't feel like going through the headache. All you have to do is power off the nook color, insert the SD card then power on the nook. Simple as that. I was worried with the OS upgrade to 1.4.1 that there would be problems, but there have been none.

I'm very happy that I purchased the SD cards from this company.
on January 11, 2013
I got this very simple device to make my wife's Nook Color work simpler for her and to take advantage of the android system over the BN operating system .
I've found that it works great for her, except for a couple of things...1) if you change from BN to android while reading a book it doesn't pick up the reading on the same page you were on , and 2) the tablet won't charge while in android .
This is why I only give this a two and a half - three star rating.
on February 14, 2013
I received this in the mail the other day in a yellow bubble envelope and it was inside a plastic case. looks like a normal sd card but it surely is not. i followed directions, turned it on, it booted with a black screen then the skate boarding android guy and with in about 60 seconds my nook color was a full fledge android tablet. i am very happy with this product.
on February 17, 2012
The interface is a little different than what I am (was) used to but it was pretty easy to figure out. Once you are on your way then it works great and, for the price, it can't be beat. I had a $35 (with S&H) root card fail on me after 2 months so I am hoping this one has more staying power than that but, if not, I paid only $18 for this so even if it lasts just a few months I can live with that. This card is also much faster than the other one was - even though the other card claimed to overclock the CPU. My Nook does have the 1.4.1 upgrade and no problems in that regard. If you are even remotely on the fence about trying a root card, you should definitely give this one a try - great value for the price and well worth it for the fun & productivity you will get out of it. Nooks are boring - Android tablets are awesome!